Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Incoming Bachmann

Oliver Rails

2e6c5dce-3ce7-4343-846b-577a7502f9e3.jpg

With Bachmann's latest container due to dock later this month, make sure you get your pre-orders in to avoid disappointment!

Branchline Class 3F Tank (Jinty)
55b0b872-7c15-4fab-92fa-c47c1344d8d6.jpg
32-236 Fowler Class 3F Jinty 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive "BRITISH RAILWAY" No.47619 £93.46 with FREE UK Postage

Bachmann's model of the 'Jinty' is the first of its class in there Branchline range to boast the full wording of 'British Railways' on the side of the locomotive. Features include a new chassis with 'Next18' DCC decoder interface, detailed cab interior and sprung buffers.

The 3F 0-6-0T 'Jinty', which was built towards the tail end of the 1920s, saw most of its working life undertaking shunting and pilot duties. The design was very successful and the locomotives remained in service until the mid 1950s when new diesel shunters were introduced.

Branchline Class 56xx Tank
9773cc7b-91d9-4b5c-936b-ca9eb1194130.jpg
32-083A Class 56xx BR Green Late Crest Weathered 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6644 £101.96 with FREE UK Postage

This model of the Class 56xx Tank which features detailed cab interior, copper capped chimney and sprung buffers, is the first of its class to be available with weathering.

These powerful 0-6-2Ts were built mainly for hauling coal trains in the Welsh Valleys. However, they also found use on local passenger trains in the area, before later finding work in other parts of the GWR/WR system.

Graham Farish Class 37
ab209dc3-4101-4450-8885-214e4257d721.jpg
371-470 N Gauge Class 37 068 'Grainflow' BR Railfreight Distribution Locomotive £110.46 with FREE UK Postage

e08d6194-8a86-420d-a9bd-f4caa45f9e7e.jpg
371-471 N Gauge Class 37/0 37 261 DRS Blue Livery Diesel Locomotive
£110.46 with FREE UK Postage

The Graham Farish N scale Class 37's will carry the Railfreight Distribution livery and DRS livery respectively for the first time in this range. Both models feature directional lighting, nose aerial and accessory pack to add the desired detail.

Built in the 1960s, the Class 37 was ordered by British Rail as part of their modernisation plan. They became a familiar sight on the railways of Britain, covering both freight and passenger duties. Today, Tractors (a nickname given due to their engine sound) can still be seen working duties in liveries such as Europhoenix, DRS and Colas Rail.

Graham Farish Class 66
ca9c2fec-590f-4dc9-90a4-e06a8a5de484.jpg
371-384A N Gauge Class 66 111 EWS Livery Diesel Locomotive
£114.71 with FREE UK Postage

2af7879e-eb41-4407-94a2-c621bfe6d59b.jpg
371-386 N Gauge Class 66 416 Freightliner Diesel Locomotive

e8718c03-9d1e-447b-a415-69a2d4babfcb.jpg
371-387 N Gauge Class 66 846 Colas Rail Diesel Locomotive

This is the first time that Bachmann's Class 66 locomotives have carried the Freightliner Powerhaul and Colas livery in our Graham Farish N scale range. All three models feature twin flywheel mechanisms, directional lighting and an accessory pack including full buffer-beam detail.

Since the first locomotive arrived in 1998, the Class 66 has gone on to become one of the most popular modern designs seen on Britain’s railways. Often referred to as ‘Sheds’, they have carried a variety of liveries over their 20 years of work such as EWS, Freightliner and Direct Rail Services (DRS).

Also Coming Soon...
3a2b6689-d968-4033-8d08-e988dcdeb8f1.jpg
38-900 OO Gauge BR MK1 Carflat Wagon BR Bauxite livery £31.41

1b8887f9-05f6-4c31-a81d-7371bf3aa036.jpg
374-108A N Gauge BR MK1 RMB Mini Buffet Car in Green £29.71

• RMweb Gold

Mine actually dates to Mainline days, but has a current chassis.  It has no detail inside the cab, and I may replace it with a current one at some time.  I don't think the price is excessive by modern standards, which means I do think it's excessive and that modern stuff is overpriced (but that's another discussion).  The Bachmann 56xx is still available for less than £100, and by modern standards represents a lot of loco for the money.  Cab apart, I am still happy with my old Mainline, with my own applied lined green livery of which I'm rather proud; it has cast whitemetal buffers which make a big difference and has been detailed up in other ways.

The chassis, as I say current Baccy and sold to me about a year ago for £60 IIRC at Lord and Bulter's, is a superb runner and as good as anything I've ever owned.

Thank you for the update.

Within this container, shall there be Bachmann 32-789 Class 37/0 37099 "Merl Evans 1947-2016" in Colas Rail livery? It was last reported as July/August 2018 - thus should be in Augusts container! 

Thank you for the update.

Within this container, shall there be Bachmann 32-789 Class 37/0 37099 "Merl Evans 1947-2016" in Colas Rail livery? It was last reported as July/August 2018 - thus should be in Augusts container!

We were told last week that 37049 and 37099 should be with us mid august.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Possibly worth pointing out it's weathered. That adds a few quid on to the price.

Jason

Which is all very well so long as an unweathered version is available at a lower price.  I am not a fan of factory weathering to be honest, as it looks too much to me like a vague spray of brake block dust colour to take the shine off; I reckon I can do better myself and I am by no means a master of the art, but fine if that's your choice.  I make an exception for a Baccy LNER ventilated van which has the 'weathering' more thickly applied lower down, giving a very good impression of a vehicle that has recently been in an express freight on a mucky day!.

I prefer my weathering to be darker in colour, reflecting the coal dust prevalent in the mining area I model, especially on my mineral wagons.  A South Wales 56xx should look a good bit darker than this according to my memory of them; brake block dust suggests fast main line work to me, and perhaps a more modern period in general; freight was painfully slow in steam days by and large.

Edited by The Johnster

Not particularly a fan of factory weathered locomotives myself.

Some of the wagons are excellent though. As an example look at this one.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/57859/38-328Z-Bachmann-High-Sided-Steel-Wagon-number-ADE282721

If anyone could do as good as that then they are very talented indeed.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

I have to agree i’m Not a fan of weathering but some of Bachmanns recents releases have been nothing short of perfect.

Kernows 47/7 shows that, as does there recent 47/5 announcement.

They are a little hard to ignore.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Not particularly a fan of factory weathered locomotives myself.

Some of the wagons are excellent though. As an example look at this one.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/57859/38-328Z-Bachmann-High-Sided-Steel-Wagon-number-ADE282721

If anyone could do as good as that then they are very talented indeed.

Jason

I'd have to agree; that's very good indeed.  I have some factory weathered Baccy 16ton steel minerals which I have improved (to my mind anyway) by applying a darker wash to them; coal wagons do not weather in the same way as general merchandise ones do.

As Mr Oliver Rail's did not want to say, Bachmann have themselves said: http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/07/class-37s-arriving-soon/

We are expecting a delivery of several new Class 37s at the start of next month, make sure you don’t miss out and place your orders for your models at your nearest Bachmann stockist now. The delivery will also see the arrival of one of our most highly anticipated Branchline OO scale models, Class 37 No. 37099 ‘Merl Evans’ in Colas Rail, Split Headcode (32-789). The model is a replica of the Class 37 locomotive we named in December 2016 in tribute to Merl Evans. To produce an accurate model of the locomotive we have produced a modified nose end to reposition the high intensity headlight. The model also features both interior and directional lighting and of course, the Merl Evans name plate. Merl, who sadly passed away in 2016, retired from Bachmann in Summer 2014. He was instrumental in the development of the company’s large portfolio of OO scale locomotives and rolling stock for over 20 years and was an eloquent ambassador not only for Bachmann, but the entire model railway industry. A donation from the sale of each model will be made to LOROS, the chosen charity of Merl’s family. LOROS provides hospice care in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and further details can be found on their website.

Most excellent news, wonderful to get a minor re-tool to allow some modern variation. 37057 next, Bachmann???

Edited by 159220
  • Like 2