14xx ..maker?

Re6/6

A very 'thin' description from a 'dealer' ....'Berlyn Locomotive works'....?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-w-r-14xx-4800-Class-0-4-2-Loco-Metal-Kit/183355998778?hash=item2ab0de823a:g:MQcAAOSwE5xbYkP6

I'd be quite surprised if it did "work perfect" given the position of the LH coupling rod.

I assumed it was 0, given the starting price.

I'd be quite surprised if it did "work perfect" given the position of the LH coupling rod.

I assumed it was 0, given the starting price.

Looks to be an antiques dealer who may have little knowledge about model railways other than bigger means more expensive. Whilst the build quality looks OK (with the exception of the wheel quartering) its a relative a basic kit which lacks modern RTR/kit details. On the basis I bought a working springside 14xx for £150 a bit overpriced in my opinion

Taylor Models 14XX.

They were around in the 1980s (probably 1970s) and advertised in the Railway Modeller. Reasonably priced at the time. A tank engine was about £30. From the days of "if you want one then build it yourself as nobody else is going to make one". It pre dated the Springside Kits by quite a few years.

In essence they were O Gauge kits in a similar vein to Jamieson Kits in that they were scratch aids with parts such as chimney, dome, etc. that you could really go to town on if you wanted. Accurate, but a lot of work.

Jason