Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

Blimey Andy, how long did that one last?

Al.

I'd be more interested to know how long it took to build (and was it complete before the removal men left)?    :jester:

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Ray H said:

I'd be more interested to know how long it took to build (and was it complete before the removal men left)?    :jester:

It took about 8 or 9 Months to build as I was working full time 6 and 7 days a week in the Motor Trade.

I sent a write up to Continental Modeller and they said they would come and do a Photo Shoot, I never heard any more for about 5 years, when they moved a filing cabinet, and found my write up down the back.:o:no:.

Needless to say, several Layouts had been built, demolished, and gone in the intervening years.:D

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I did similar on a move many years ago. As the removal men were brining in stuff, I was told by my dear wife to get out of the way.

I did, into Bedroom 4, ripped out the built in wardrobe, and started measuring it up for the baseboard in that room.:good:

One  nice German Layout. NOTE = These are photos of photographs.

IMG_8269.JPG.24cc9e27a7fe4f47a5fbd711241e94ec.JPG

IMG_8272.JPG.1a05909ea9a9ad2df98f128db3cc1e69.JPG

For anyone that likes Track Plans, this was it.

IMG_0342.JPG.a0b9e94c5b1e8a05c8e5a440b3383b1d.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG.eabb4b942cc0a54627203e75479ce5e1.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

What does one do when one is bored?

So, the Layout is wrapped, and today I've finished removing the support frame around TOPS, and put into a neatish pile ready for the removals men to transport it Souf to The POD / Pit of Doom.:swoon:

IMG_1528.JPG.03d924a6eb926b74d594135a5a233a07.JPG

IMG_1529.JPG.ef96cd822eb57623ec3e2ca06bbb8a6a.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG.8274d40fe9e15fc8deffb621ced34df0.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG.2161b82179677b2eda6708735fb88180.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG.ea71a5661b7ec9e6a7c71937b7997a56.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG.cdcd29fd34af6a0fed3098fe2dc512eb.JPG

So just the Workbench to sort out next.:)

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Nice display Andy, Drivers snatching a mug o' tea and some jam toast I bet.

Best

You mean they have time to eat as well? Need to find them some more work when we get down Souf then.:D

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy

So the railway is wrapped and ready for it's journey Souf ...... On it's arrival down souf and set up it will not surprise me if it has had some alterations....e.g new sidings etc or a new double slip installed.... :mocking_mini:

Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 08:11, Andrew P said:

whilst the driver of the Rat, 25285 prepares for the shift ahead.

25285 is an unusual name for a driver...

Very interesting to see the German layout, if only from the perspective of its complexity compared to your more familiar efforts.

Pleased to see visible progress with the move. Hope it all goes as planned and there are no unexpected delays.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Andy

So the railway is wrapped and ready for it's journey Souf ...... On it's arrival down souf and set up it will not surprise me if it has had some alterations....e.g new sidings etc or a new double slip installed.... :mocking_mini:

Jim

Hi Jim, this is one possibility that I have drawn up, but I'll wait and see how I feel once all the work is done.

1618501830_SEVENMILLSSIDINGS20202MiltonRoadPlan.png.f9c1a48f4f86d2fa3b46fdab6f2bb6d0.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

25285 is an unusual name for a driver...

Very interesting to see the German layout, if only from the perspective of its complexity compared to your more familiar efforts.

Pleased to see visible progress with the move. Hope it all goes as planned and there are no unexpected delays.

Cheers Andrew, Yes the German Layout was a bit complicated, especially with all the hidden sidings out of site.

As for the move, yes we hope CV doesn't stop us from moving, as we are all of a lock down qualifying age.

Dee is 78, I'm 70 next Month, and our buyer is in her 80's.

Fingers, legs and toes are all firmly crossed.:declare:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Jim, this is one possibility that I have drawn up, but I'll wait and see how I feel once all the work is done.

1618501830_SEVENMILLSSIDINGS20202MiltonRoadPlan.png.f9c1a48f4f86d2fa3b46fdab6f2bb6d0.png

Lazy Joe will not know where to stand ..... Poor chap will be run off his feet.... 

Best get him some new boots and barrels!!!!!

Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, jcarta said:

Lazy Joe will not know where to stand ..... Poor chap will be run off his feet.... 

Best get him some new boots and barrels!!!!!

Jim

Or a couple more mates, haha.:D

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

What does one do when one is bored?

So, the Layout is wrapped, and today I've finished removing the support frame around TOPS, and put into a neatish pile ready for the removals men to transport it Souf to The POD / Pit of Doom.:swoon:

So just the Workbench to sort out next.:)

A bit sad really.  A lot of interesting and enjoyable projects have happened in TOPS since it's birth from that old leaky garage you inherited.

Hope the move down south goes to plan and I hope you both keep healthy in these worrying times. :good:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Donington Road said:

A bit sad really.  A lot of interesting and enjoyable projects have happened in TOPS since it's birth from that old leaky garage you inherited.

Hope the move down south goes to plan and I hope you both keep healthy in these worrying times. :good:

Thanks Mick, for both your complimentary comments and you thoughts.

It is a worrying time for ALL of us, and I just hope that by this time next year, we are all still here to look back and say, we got through it, although obviously our thoughts also go to those who have, and will lose loved ones in the Months ahead.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

All quite sad really. We are having a new kitchen fitted and I have lost access to the layout for a few weeks. I desperately want to try my new Dapol signal. 

Also with this COVID-19 I am confined to working at home but sadly not modelling at home.

We will have to keep posting here Andy to keep your spirits up.

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 3