Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Its freight only, how would visitors get there on open days?

Ah of course - bubble car shuttle...

I tried suggesting a Branch Line Society DMU tour to the platform as a one off and was given short shrift. Definitely no passengers it seems. Perhaps a heritage bus shuttle from the nearest railhead instead?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I tried suggesting a Branch Line Society DMU tour to the platform as a one off and was given short shrift. Definitely no passengers it seems. Perhaps a heritage bus shuttle from the nearest railhead instead?

The Platform's been isolated as it has cracking 2020 from Tree Roots Virus.:no:

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Steady on Old Boy, I do have standards to maintain.:D

I know my memory isn't as good as it was in the past but didn't you once have a 7mm auto train with one them their GWR 0-4-2 Ts? As I recall I kept saying it needed a railcar to keep it company and you repeatedly said NO diesels.

Or was that in a different time warp.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I know my memory isn't as good as it was in the past but didn't you once have a 7mm auto train with one them their GWR 0-4-2 Ts? As I recall I kept saying it needed a railcar to keep it company and you repeatedly said NO diesels.

Or was that in a different time warp.

Well your sort of right young Clive.

In a younger life, when you and I had more hair, well sometime last year I think it was, I did have a Maroon Autocoach, but not hauled by a GWR 0-4-2 T as they have only been available in the last few weeks. It was hauled on the very few trips it made by a 64XX Pannier Tank. The Coach is now in the hands of my friend Martin / Gismorail, and he told me yesterday that he has in fact ordered a 14XX to go with it.

As for Railcars, either the pointy nose GWR ones, or the more modern Bubble Cars / 121 / 122 types, they will not, I REPEAT, WILL NOT be running on the old Yard at Seven Mills.:D

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

This morning we see Rat 25054 working up the Yard with Duff No 47199 on the Fuel Roads.

In the background beyond the Bridge is 37183 having been Fuelled and is now stabled in the North Yard.

DSCF2882.JPG.459b4a41a2e1ec6a4c658f2799a191bc.JPG

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

As for Railcars, either the pointy nose GWR ones, or the more modern Bubble Cars / 121 / 122 types, they will not, I REPEAT, WILL NOT be running on the old Yard at Seven Mills.:D

Note he said the OLD YARD - he has left a get out clause. :D

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

As for Railcars, either the pointy nose GWR ones, or the more modern Bubble Cars / 121 / 122 types, they will not, I REPEAT, WILL NOT be running on the old Yard at Seven Mills.

Shame.

Mind you, your wallet will appreciate your resolve!

:-)

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Your engines will be getting restless Andy in store. What happened to lazy Joe??

I think he's having a lie down in one of the Boxes, well he should be, he needed a rest.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Will you be unpacking or is the move still on? ... if not then you will become mightily frustrated.  Hope all going well. We have someone getting (we hope) our victual needs as we are in residence once more.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Will you be unpacking or is the move still on? ... if not then you will become mightily frustrated.  Hope all going well. We have someone getting (we hope) our victual needs as we are in residence once more.

Andy will be fine;

He's always got a plan or two up his sleeve................

Probably a Welsh colliery exchange in 'N'.

37's in blue, a couple of 08s, HAA hoppers for the MGR and 21 or 24 ton minerals plus 20 ton brake vans for non power station traffic.

What's not to like?

• Funny 4

2 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Hi Peter, I certainly wont be unpacking, the Layout is bubble wrapped, the support frame is taken down, the Locos are boxed, and I'm ready, whenever we get the go ahead.

When I spoke to my Solicitor yesterday she said at the moment all is fine but we need to take each day as it comes.

This mornings announcement may change all that so were waiting for calls from her and the two Estate Agents to clarify the situation.

Also the removal company are being pressurised not to take on new jobs at the moment, so that is up in the air as well.

This is the current state of affairs in TOPS, good job I've got my Bass to keep me busy, and something to do now all the packing is done.

IMG_1560.JPG.4036228bb5a31b045cd50861fa17c7d2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Andy will be fine;

He's always got a plan or two up his sleeve................

Probably a Welsh colliery exchange in 'N'.

37's in blue, a couple of 08s, HAA hoppers for the MGR and 21 or 24 ton minerals plus 20 ton brake vans for non power station traffic.

What's not to like?

Funnily enough, I have kept a Blue 37 and 08 and some Engineers Wagons in OO, back for a rainy day, well it looks like we could have 3 Months of DOWNPOURS.:o

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, pwr said:

You could always try T Gauge in a suitcase

Paul r

6 hours ago, gismorail said:

You'll have to start a Bass Guitar thread Andy and keep us all entertained :clapping:

Luckilly for you Guys, I do still have quite a few previously unseen SMS pics, so no torture of bad as* Bass playing OR trying to see T Gauge Track.

I did manage to get down to New Road crossing a week or two ago, and climbed up on the Fence for this shot of 56047 coming into the Platform.

DSCF2535.JPG.b051cc8298ad8f8967dbf22bd69f12fc.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I did manage to get down to New Road crossing a week or two ago, and climbed up on the Fence for this shot of 56047 coming into the Platform.

Ah torrential rain and floods  Those were the days!

Actually joking aside imagine those poor souls who had that and are now stuck inside at temporary lodgings.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

You mean too say that Lazy Joe wasn't utilising that day ?????......

Jim

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Ah torrential rain and floods  Those were the days!

Actually joking aside imagine those poor souls who had that and are now stuck inside at temporary lodgings.

I agree, there must still be many families who are now living with no possessions in temporary accommodation after loosing their homes from the floods, and may now be facing this within their families as well.

Lets all hope it can be sorted and a permanent cure found world wide, or world wide travel may be a distant memory for some time to come. 

Stay safe Guys and Galls.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3