Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Hip Hip Hurray the man has finally come to his senses at last ? just getting SMS up there would be hard enough even for twenty year olds, those days are all gone mate, stick with what you have and keep your health, PLEASE....

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hip Hip Hurray the man has finally come to his senses at last ? just getting SMS up there would be hard enough even for twenty year olds, those days are all gone mate, stick with what you have and keep your health, PLEASE....

Once again, the voice of Logic, thanks mate.:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry to hear about the abandonment of the loft space Andy (and the corresponding loss of the extra space to expand your layout) but you have certainly made the best and correct decision.  This is not a good time to end up in hospital!!!

I have always hankered for a garden big enough for a touch of "O gauge in the garden" - is this not an option for you in your new location down south?  Just a thought.

Best Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Yes Andy if you didn't feel up to it then it definitely was the right choice.  I too have a dicky ticker with the odd weird beat, my medication seems to be helping and just been tweaking it to bring my Pulse down to a normal range as it's at the high end. :good:

I re-purposed my layout boards from some 18ft down in 2 stages to what is now only 12ft long and I'm even thinking of making it shorter again.

I've also been trying to simplify all the workings as clambering under the boards isn't very clever for me these days.  I can do some garden/house work or modelling have dinner then fall asleep in the chair.

Get yourself checked out if you haven't as your treatment may need tweaking too. 

Take care, be safe and carry on modelling. :locomotive: 

Best

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brian D said:

I am so sorry to hear about the abandonment of the loft space Andy (and the corresponding loss of the extra space to expand your layout) but you have certainly made the best and correct decision.  This is not a good time to end up in hospital!!!

I have always hankered for a garden big enough for a touch of "O gauge in the garden" - is this not an option for you in your new location down south?  Just a thought.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian, Thanks but no unfortunately, The Garage / POD / Pit of Doom is at the front with only a narrow path to the rear Garden, and besides, again I could not face the challenge right now mate.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Andy, I'm sorry you've had to give up on your dream, but been wise enough to prevent it becoming a nightmare. We all value your contribution on here and want you to continue well into the future. Look after yourself and accept your limitations. We need you to keep on at Lazy Joe and family. All the Best, Trevor

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Yes Andy if you didn't feel up to it then it definitely was the right choice.  I too have a dicky ticker with the odd weird beat, my medication seems to be helping and just been tweaking it to bring my Pulse down to a normal range as it's at the high end. :good:

I re-purposed my layout boards from some 18ft down in 2 stages to what is now only 12ft long and I'm even thinking of making it shorter again.

I've also been trying to simplify all the workings as clambering under the boards isn't very clever for me these days.  I can do some garden/house work or modelling have dinner then fall asleep in the chair.

Get yourself checked out if you haven't as your treatment may need tweaking too. 

Take care, be safe and carry on modelling. :locomotive: 

Best

Thanks for the advice, I'm due a Medi / Prescription review soon, but on a normal day I feel fine and 100%.

It really is amazing how small you can go in ''O'' and still have a good working Layout. As for ducking under, I definitely couldn't do that.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, shedman said:

Hi Andy, I'm sorry you've had to give up on your dream, but been wise enough to prevent it becoming a nightmare. We all value your contribution on here and want you to continue well into the future. Look after yourself and accept your limitations. We need you to keep on at Lazy Joe and family. All the Best, Trevor

Thanks Trevor, Maybe I should take after Lazy Joe and do Bu66er all all day, haha.

• Like 3

I'd echo everyone else's comments Andy. It's a shame but think you've done the right thing, I would have been extremely jealous of watching you complete a big roundy roundy while I'm still planning a 6ft plank! ;)

I'll look forward to seeing many more pics of SMS and the Budoc branch.

Stay safe Andy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

28 minutes ago, sb67 said:

I'd echo everyone else's comments Andy. It's a shame but think you've done the right thing, I would have been extremely jealous of watching you complete a big roundy roundy while I'm still planning a 6ft plank! ;)

I'll look forward to seeing many more pics of SMS and the Budoc branch.

Stay safe Andy.

Thanks Steve, your Layouts, Pecketts Wharf and Rushton Sidings were part of the inspiration for The Budoc Bridge Branch. Superb and Thanks.:good:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

It's been an agonising week.

Up in the loft and trying to make a start. The Builder was coming on Saturday to give an estimate on the cost of fitting the Stairs and boarding out the roof. I also had the kind offer of Ian / @Temeraire to come down and help me, but I have decided to call a halt to it.

I have now cancelled the Chippy, and all further work up there.

I've had a couple of bad turns with all the bending and trying to sort things out I kept getting dizzy spels.

The mere thought of building the Layout frames at such a low height under the roof angle was beginning to hit me. I feel 25 in my mind, 35 in my body, but when I start trying to do jobs like this, the 70+ heart gave me a couple of sever warnings yesterday to STOP NOW.:o

So I have, It is a shame, but at least I've had a go, I will just have to be content with running Seven Mills as it is, and be at least grateful that I have this and The Budoc Bridge Branch in 4mm.

There is no point in making myself ill trying to achieve something that will be a job to far.

If anybody can make use of 20M of LED light or the Stairs that were delivered yesterday please let me know.

The Stairs are flat packed and very heavy, The box is about 300mm sq and 3.3M long. The Stairs are still un opened.

IMG_3145.JPG.96ffea9f89484abd0faaac9d629fef63.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG.141f27814a926009f57dd19fd750ee79.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG.b3ed5a02d10d62ecdd381b31d2383d89.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG.d939c02bdc74c67a489f970ce2054625.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG.245ccfe668d009e46d68f7478f2a2aa0.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG.425bca25814383e0b287832544b562c2.JPG

is it not possible to return the stairs to the supplier particularly as they are opened?

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

46 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear you have had to abandon the loft project, a wise move though from what you have said.

Keep up the good work with the photos. They are an inspiration.

Your good health Sir

Cheers David

Thanks David, The photos will continue.:good:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

is it not possible to return the stairs to the supplier particularly as they are opened?

Hi Dragonboy ?,  I spoke to the supplier on Wednesday and yes they will take it back. They are open, but my Son will have to use his Van as it's 11ft long and at the moment under Lockdown that would not be classed as an essential journey. Because of its weight I can't find a Carrier.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Dragonboy ?,  I spoke to the supplier on Wednesday and yes they will take it back. They are open, but my Son will have to use his Van as it's 11ft long and at the moment under Lockdown that would not be classed as an essential journey. Because of its weight I can't find a Carrier.

I would class it as health and safety. Difficult  to disprove

Paul R

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Nice work hiding the above board point motors.

You now need to concentrate on really super detailing SWS.

How about starting by cutting off all the chair keys from the pile of sleepers covering one of the point motors?

I know it must have taken you ages to put them all in place, but without the rails they will only fall out of the chairs when the wind blows and make a terrible mess on the floor.:laugh_mini:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Barnaby and yourself.  Cadley Hill now has surface point motors that need hiding and I will now see if he same principle can be used on them.   Pity about the roof area but health is paramount so a correct decision.

• Like 3