Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

33 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

All of my neighbours have noisy work done throughout the time I have been stuck at home.

As a result my amplifier has slowly increased from 1 to 11.

Now that's an idea, I'll Bang up the Bass.:good::good: :good::dancer:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Donw said:

George is right. It would be different if you had someone young and fit to help. 

Don

36 minutes ago, pwr said:

I would pop round myself but Andy is over 2 hours away and lockdown has put paid to that. I am not young but I could have offered a pair of hands!

Cheers Guys, I've had an offer from one of my YOUNGER contributors on here but will say more once I know more.

All your help and advice is really appreciated.

• Friendly/supportive 2

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Martin, Yes should be up and running for Christmas, but probably not allowed up there on the day itself, although we probably won't be seeing anybody.

I see your address is still showing as Carrog so I'm guessing you've still not moved mate.

Still awaiting solicitors to get their act together. You be careful and down those steps young man ....do Steiner stair lifts offer any options :blink:

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Still awaiting solicitors to get their act together. You be careful and down those steps young man ....do Steiner stair lifts offer any options :blink:

I used to supply Stannah Stair Lifts with Vehicles so I should get a good discount, they always screwed me for a tight deal, haha.

Don't get me started on Solicitors mate, haha, I feel your pain right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The 20M Super Bright LED strip arrived this morning, and even with it laying on the floor it's made a huge difference.

IMG_3145.JPG.71a4eaf8038aa9957f0a97ee8202a0ba.JPG

When are you going to hang the glitter ball?

• Funny 5

It'll be waiting a long time if Lazy Joe has been assigned to the job!

You might want to add some static grass to represent weeds growing up through the underframe if he takes too long about it!

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Just now, gismorail said:

Blimey Andy it will have more front than Blackpool with that light set up it’ll be too bright up there for Lazy Joe he’ll never sleep again :wacko: you might get some work out of him then :mocking_mini:

Hope there are no gaps in the roof to let any of that light out, people will think he's running a farm up there.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Just now, woodenhead said:

Hope there are no gaps in the roof to let any of that light out, people will think he's running a farm up there.

Yes a cannabis farm :crazy_mini: the police helicopter will be hovering above with a heat seeking camera ....:blink:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Andy

I think you made a wise decision. I know its disappointing but your health is more important.

I sometimes wonder if I would be better off with a much smaller layout - say three boards, Notley is heavy and I can only get it up in the garden. I have ordered some of those White Rose trestles in order to make erection easier. Fold down legs are Ok but there is far too much faffing about with bolts etc. Three boards say 15ft long would allow me to get a layout up in the lounge for an operating session and still be relatively interesting. I am going to persevere for now as I may be having more time on my hands as I have been told today my job is at risk so I may be bringing retirement forward. Just got to convince the wife!

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 4

22 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

I think you made a wise decision. I know its disappointing but your health is more important.

I sometimes wonder if I would be better off with a much smaller layout - say three boards, Notley is heavy and I can only get it up in the garden. I have ordered some of those White Rose trestles in order to make erection easier. Fold down legs are Ok but there is far too much faffing about with bolts etc. Three boards say 15ft long would allow me to get a layout up in the lounge for an operating session and still be relatively interesting. I am going to persevere for now as I may be having more time on my hands as I have been told today my job is at risk so I may be bringing retirement forward. Just got to convince the wife!

Paul R

I was made redundant at 60, and panicked for a few days, then when my WONDERFUL WIFE worked out my Pension etc, she said; IF we're carful we might be able to manage with me retiring early. Best thing I ever did, and I thank ARLA Foods / Milk for making me redundant.

As you probably know Seven Mills is only 15ft long now with the door fiddle yard in place, but I was running it yesterday without it, and can still get lots of Loco movements in the 11ft, if not that many Wagon shunts of more that one or two Wagons at a time.

I have learnt that size is not everything, despite what many women say.:laugh:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I think you made the right decision.  

Three years ago (aged 68) I sold all my 00 collection which had been on a layout in the loft.  I realised that getting up there was becoming harder, so dismantled it before I could no longer manage.

I now have a small 0 gauge layout and a Swiss n gauge layout in my spare room, I am much happier for it and am enjoying my hobby again.  The spare room was my office for about eight years when I worked from home, I still use the computer bench from then for my PC .

David

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Andy,

I think you made the right decision.  

Three years ago (aged 68) I sold all my 00 collection which had been on a layout in the loft.  I realised that getting up there was becoming harder, so dismantled it before I could no longer manage.

I now have a small 0 gauge layout and a Swiss n gauge layout in my spare room, I am much happier for it and am enjoying my hobby again.  The spare room was my office for about eight years when I worked from home, I still use the computer bench from then for my PC .

David

OOOOOOOooooooo Swiss N Gauge, now your talking, haha, don't give me any more ideas Dave.

When I was at Gaugemaster a few weeks back I was looking at the Swiss and Austrian stuff, that brought back some memories.

IMG_7838.JPG.0dc9555565c0adf6553baf2f07e93bd3.JPG

IMG_8272.JPG.73d80372e50e5fa09a7cc2b569528d70.JPG

IMG_7840.JPG.0691502a6c0d3352a7e9b99463034586.JPG

Sorry about the quality, photos of photos from about 1990, in the  Pre digital age.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

A wise move Andy.

That set of steps did have me thing could this be a well known Led Zeppelin song. 

Yes mate, and Cheers. I did keep calling it the Stairway to Heaven, glad I didn't go there just yet though, haha.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1