Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Picking up some great tips for when my revised NSE 50 gets the ‘treatment’ Ian. Love the technique you used for the side running streaks very simple but clever, thanks for that.

Regards

Julian.

it would have been slightly better on the big streak had my needle not stuck in the fully open position. So one streak is definitely harder and darker than I wanted, however now it’s dried it looks better

• Friendly/supportive 1

Living on the cotswold line at the time in between Oxford and Worcester I remember well this senseless act of violence by thugs completely wrecking loco 50025 Invincible (or not so). Thankfully, miraculously there were no fatalities or serious injuries!

Great work Ian on 50032 really enjoyed the videos and Iv slowly started on 50035.

2B591B80-6258-43AA-BCD5-71D62C2B2E3E.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 47606odin said:

thats when it gets withdrawn tomorrow 

If I can pick up a second for a sensible price (even san's motors) I'm tempted to do one in that condition.  Something to chuck DIT in a speed link train en-route to MC Metals. 

• Like 2

I went O gauge to stop purchases of ooooh that’s nice I’ll buy it.......well it hasn’t worked.

so now I’ve cancelled my class 122 bubble car order to compensate.

I have just purchased a David  Andrews Kit built Schools class. Not exactly 1990 channel tunnel traffic is it?

4D113EC8-4531-4FB8-B749-4F1DB89B385D.jpeg.b3404181fe00816e83e15ec12eea68d4.jpeg

197A5057-179F-439D-A884-B4695B1B1D06.jpeg.9ab68c10e7169d07fc034d61b56f651d.jpeg

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 6

Lovely model. The Schools has such beautiful proportions, matched only by the Brighton H2 Atlantic. Love to have models of both of these but I need to make significant progress on my pile of other kits before taking the plunge.

Paul

16 minutes ago, D6775 said:

If you were going to go down the water boiling route I would have thought it would have been something like Clan Line given its association with the VSOE. 

i would need Taw Valley as I scored that, and 80080 on the test train of 2 support coaches, a raft of Grampus hauled from chart Leacon to Folkestone East before cabbing both steam locos up and down the harbour branch for clearance tests in preparation of the Folkestone 150 celebrations I think it was

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I went O gauge to stop purchases of ooooh that’s nice I’ll buy it.......well it hasn’t worked.

so now I’ve cancelled my class 122 bubble car order to compensate.

I had the same thought when I went to O gauge... I occasionally have to take a break from reading this thread when you post pictures of your class 60 as I have no way of justifying it on my layout but they look soooooo nice.  Keep up the great work. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, 37114 said:

I had the same thought when I went to O gauge... I occasionally have to take a break from reading this thread when you post pictures of your class 60 as I have no way of justifying it on my layout but they look soooooo nice.  Keep up the great work. 

Too late for me! I already pre ordered a class 60 and got a set of nameplates for it as attached!

Reading inspirational threads like this on can be an expensive business!

Joking apart, I am really enjoying following your progress.

Cheers

David

20210202_101543.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, 37114 said:

well look away, because I’m about to finish off 60018

• Like 3
  • Funny 1