Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

49 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

I started in O with that ridiculous notion of Im getting one Dapol 08 and some mineral wagons thats it.... really :o . There is no resistance.

nope, I bought the 33, which was an original green one, with split gears, and a 47, which also had split gears, and they were to look pretty on a shelf. Well the 33 got a respray, and the 47 now lives in Loughborough, and must be the highest mileage Heljan 47 in the world

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

nope, I bought the 33, which was an original green one, with split gears, and a 47, which also had split gears, and they were to look pretty on a shelf. Well the 33 got a respray, and the 47 now lives in Loughborough, and must be the highest mileage Heljan 47 in the world

Yeah I bought a 50 to look pretty on a shelf above the oo gauge layout. Then ‘Eastleigh’ was released now got two more 50s on pre-order and then there’s the 73 coming!!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Yeah I bought a 50 to look pretty on a shelf above the oo gauge layout. Then ‘Eastleigh’ was released now got two more 50s on pre-order and then there’s the 73 coming!!:rolleyes:

don’t mention 73’s lol.....only got 4 on pre order

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just watched your YOB video. Excellent. About time you come back to it, I'm waiting to do mine!:D I'm not waiting another year for next installment am I?

Great news. What are you being printed in?

Paul 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2021 at 14:01, 47606odin said:

don’t mention 73’s lol.....only got 4 on pre order

Now, there we're 43 JB's built, 1 didn't make TOPs, 1 went in the early 80's and the 14 Gatex ones would have been rare visitors to HG so that makes a fleet of 27 by my calculations!

8 hours ago, Joner said:

Just watched your YOB video. Excellent. About time you come back to it, I'm waiting to do mine!:D I'm not waiting another year for next installment am I?

Great news. What are you being printed in?

Paul 

8 hours ago, pwr said:

Tell us more

Paul R

no, it won’t be another year until the next yob video lol, and it’s just a photo of 50032 going in BRM, not a whole article, but it counts

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

there’s difficult bits I’m trying to avoid :boast:

Me too. 

Like starting to build one!

Although I have built the baseboards now and ready for track planning/laying.

I don't know whether to start a thread on it as I've never done it before. :dontknow:

Paul

48 minutes ago, Joner said:

Me too. 

Like starting to build one!

Although I have built the baseboards now and ready for track planning/laying.

I don't know whether to start a thread on it as I've never done it before. :dontknow:

Paul

start a thread, then it’s easy to ask questions and get appropriate information quick

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/10/2020 at 14:19, Hal Nail said:

I'm pretty sure the modelling mags would be interested in that

My fee is in the post!

I've waited what seems like a lifetime (several lockdowns anyway) for an article this month then found out the day before they've delayed it!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Problems Problems......we'd all be doing it if it was that easy.

That's why people like me wait for people like you to do it first!:D

Just a question about the rectangular hole in the floor for the motor. Should it not be slightly more curved to account for the bogie swing.:dontknow: I appreciate this is limited for space because of the box above the frame.

Look forward to the next installment. 

Paul

40 minutes ago, Joner said:

Problems Problems......we'd all be doing it if it was that easy.

That's why people like me wait for people like you to do it first!:D

Just a question about the rectangular hole in the floor for the motor. Should it not be slightly more curved to account for the bogie swing.:dontknow: I appreciate this is limited for space because of the box above the frame.

Look forward to the next installment. 

Paul

no room for a wider hole. That’s as big as it goes currently, but until I can get the bogies to fit right and the motor mounted, I can’t tell any more, and the kit is about 5 seconds from going in the bin, as there are additional issues not realised when the video was made

• Friendly/supportive 2