Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Can anyone identify this wagon please ?

After looking at the suggestions i would think its a Dolphin wagon ( Based on location / time of photograph )

But with buffers being swapped out / sides removed.

post-12266-0-16564600-1541097324_thumb.jpg

post-12266-0-13676500-1541097387.jpg

Comparing both ends, to me it looks like Dolphin.

I could be wrong .....

Edited by AGR Model Store
Images removed - copyright breach.

• RMweb Gold

Sturgeons were used to carry pre-assembled rail sections (big train set track) from the PAD depots to relaying sites, where they were offloaded by crane; I assume Dolphins were the same sort of thing.  The PAD yard at Radyr had a diesel electric 204hp Drewry loco, PWM 651, and a diesel electric crane similar to the Airfix/Dapol/Kitmaster DH one but self propelled on an 8 wheel rigid chassis.  These worked around the PAD yard in the week, but could be easily towed out to site for weekend relaying work as the electric transmissions were easier to disengage than hydraulic or mechanical ones.

I modelled the Radyr crane many years ago using a Triang Hornby (as they were then) Flying Scotsman tender chassis picked up for small change at a show, under the Airfix construction kit frame.  This is still running on a friend's layout.