Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

2 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

For those of us non-sound, is there a recommended dcc chip for these?

I’m planing in using a Zimo MX638C/D for mine

Zimos are amazing and this one you can switch between logic and full voltage outputs

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
On 31/03/2022 at 15:59, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the Deltics since the outage. They're currently getting packed up into containers for their voyage. Finally!

Cheers!

Fran 

13 minutes ago, scots region said:

So are they out of the factory, or not? 

Depends if they can get the containers into the factory or not, so, some might be some might not or all might not be or all might not.

More information required!

Mike.

12 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

More information required!

Or actually, no information required as knowing if they are or are not in the factory makes no difference as to when they turn up. Leaving the factory doesn't mean they are on a ship in the next week for example.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

For those of us non-sound, is there a recommended dcc chip for these?

Mc Cain is ok or i still like the real potato cut up jobbies, with the sound working on DC i find it more why would one want it missing now? other than price and you can do the noises  it should make........

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Mc Cain is ok or i still like the real potato cut up jobbies, with the sound working on DC i find it more why would one want it missing now? other than price and you can do the noises  it should make........

TBH given AS are very reasonable with the price of their sound upgrade (£90 IIRC) I won't consider buying a non sound one. A Lokpilot V5 is about £30 anyway so for £60 I am getting the benefit of the sound and stay alive, not having to open it up, and also a decent chunk of that money will be held as residual value.

Obviously most of that is of less use to those not on DCC, but if you're buying a chip to go in it then the gap is less.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

There's a shortage of Sunflower oil so McCains are out, real chips only!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Maybe i have more then one on order.......

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Amaziii said:

Do any of you recommend a decoder from Rails of Sheffield to be used on this? 

For non sound we recommend the ESU LokPilot v5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Scots Region,

The two 40ft containers full of of Class 55 Deltic locomotives have left the building!

Cheers!

Fran 

Well you better get after them, always have to keep one eye on shipping containers, no telling what they'll get up to when your backs turned. 

• Funny 6

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Scots Region,

The two 40ft containers full of of Class 55 Deltic locomotives have left the building!

Cheers!

Fran 

Lovely to hear

Good things are coming to those who are waiting....!

I was amazed that you could fill 2 40ft containers, and then remembered the size of the box of the production samples (assuming around 45x20x10cm approx...!)

2 40ft containers, giving a volume of around 30 square meters per container.

Assuming the volume of one boxed Deltic is around .01 square meter (which may be generious, but also allowing for bulk cartons and pallet volume), that gives around 3000 locos per container, or total batch size of 6000 models, which is actually fewer than I was imagining...

Or else my sizing is way off!!!

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Lovely to hear

Good things are coming to those who are waiting....!

I was amazed that you could fill 2 40ft containers, and then remembered the size of the box of the production samples (assuming around 45x20x10cm approx...!)

2 40ft containers, giving a volume of around 30 square meters per container.

Assuming the volume of one boxed Deltic is around .01 square meter (which may be generious, but also allowing for bulk cartons and pallet volume), that gives around 3000 locos per container, or total batch size of 6000 models, which is actually fewer than I was imagining...

Or else my sizing is way off!!!

If it helps, a 40' High Cube is about 75 cubic metres, not 30.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 minutes ago, McC said:

If it helps, a 40' High Cube is about 75 cubic metres, not 30.

That helps. I was way out - indeed I added rather than multiplied one of the dimensions. Muppet!

Revised size calculations give a batch of around 14k models which seems much more like it 😛

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Scots Region,

Cheers!

Fran 

I await the ship name to track my 55 on vesselfinder!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I think its easier to say, theres more than 22 Deltics coming.

And i’m guessing the blue and green are in one container.

The 4 people who bought a purple one are getting theres in the other container which is self contained in concrete with lots of radiation meters monitoring their stability.

no need for vesselfinder, the purple ones will bring a glowing sunset that gets brighter the closer to europe they come.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 9

27 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I think its easier to say, theres more than 22 Deltics coming.

And i’m guessing the blue and green are in one container.

The 4 people who bought a purple one are getting theres in the other container which is self contained in concrete with lots of radiation meters monitoring their stability.

no need for vesselfinder, the purple ones will bring a glowing sunset that gets brighter the closer to europe they come.

And the separate container is also a completely separate consignment so that any investigations by the authorities when they get here have no impact on the normal ones.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

And the separate container is also a completely separate consignment so that any investigations by the authorities when they get here have no impact on the normal ones.

Purple Deltics must definitely be declared… no green channel for them.

The bad taste police have been patiently shooting the breeze at the coastline waiting for them, whisk them off to Sellafield for a bit of respraying and let them loose on the masses.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The bad taste police have been patiently shooting the breeze at the coastline waiting for them, whisk them off to Sellafield for a bit of respraying and let them loose on the masses.

It would be mildly ironic if they took them in a KUA or PFA!

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Unfortunately, the "bad taste police" are actually just four blokes in an ancient Transit who call themselves the militant wing of the Campaign Against Hideous Empurplement.  They have no legal powers of any kind (regardless of what the flyers they hand out at beer festivals might say).

• Funny 2