RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly working my way through the stack of albums bought at the Cambridge Rock Festival last weekend

Winter in Eden - Awakening : Another female-fronted symphonic goth-metal band, except that they're British rather than Finnish or Dutch.

Emerald Sky - Rock and Roll Icon and Shadows of Darkness. All-female metal power trio.

Crimson Sky - Misunderstood. Excellent female-fronted prog band, poor production but great songs.

• RMweb Gold

Watching/listening to 'Talk Talk live at Montreux' on Sky Arts - keep forgetting what a catalogue of really good songs they have. Absolutely excellent live as well.

• RMweb Premium

Just been listening to 'Back Into The Future' by Man while trying to get my head around a Mailcoach Coronation Twin First. The live portion features some great guitar by Micky Jones who, sadly, died earlier this year.

I had that on my Ipod recently - good album from the early 70s, showed just how good Man were as a studio band as well as live. "Be Good To Yourself at Least Once A Day" is my personal fave Man album though. Shame about Mickey Jones - I remember Man in concert "all those years ago".

OMS: John Martyn(RIP) - "One World"

Between last night's modelling sesh, which went on until the small hours, and some YouTube action earlier, there's been a very healthy and balanced selection:

A raft of 7-inchers got an airing:

THE FALL 'Hi Tension Line' and 'White Lightning'

TEENAGE FANCLUB 'Star Sign'

FOO FIGHTERS 'My Hero' (red vinyl)

ADAM & THE ANTS 'Young Parisians'

THE ADICTS 'Viva la Revolution' and 'Chinese Takeaway'

ANGELIC UPSTARTS 'Woman In Disguise'

SENSELESS THINGS 'Too Much Kissing'

GARBAGE 'Vow'

GODFATHERS 'I'm Lost And Then I'm Found'

REDD KROSS 'Secret Life' and 'Jimmy's Fantasy'

REAL PEOPLE 'Believer'

RAMONES 'Smash You' (B-side)

SPILLER 'Groovejet' 12"

a couple of album tracks

DEPECHE MODE 'It's No Good' (Ultra)

KILLING JOKE 'Feast of Blaze' (Fire Dances)

and on line

BREEDERS 'Cannonball'

CHAMELEONS 'In Answer' and 'Tears'

L7 'Pretend We're Dead'

THE LILAC TIME 'Dreaming,' Return To Yesterday' and 'If The Stars Shine Tonight'

THE VIBRATORS cover of Katy Perry's 'I Kissed A Girl'

HOUSE OF LOVE 'Christine,' 'Shine On' and 'Beatles And The Stones'

MOTORHEAD 'God Save The Queen' and 'Serial Killer'

I love it, me...

Status Quo live at Montreux on Sky arts (from 2009) and, surprisingly, very good.

Why the surprise? :D

Quo are a fantastic live band! Well, they have been on the 31 occasions I've seen them anyway...

steve

• RMweb Premium

Why the surprise? :D

Quo are a fantastic live band! Well, they have been on the 31 occasions I've seen them anyway...

steve

Indeed, and my wife can vouch that Mr Rossi is a nice guy, as she looked after his kids at pre-school.

Currently I'm sitting typing on RM Web and listening to Weekend Wogan on Radio 2!

Been checking out a number of obscure guitarists on YouTube, and also revisiting the new Hot Club Of Cow Town album Wishful Thinking

On the way to work it was Steel Panther - Feel The Steel,

On the way home, Five Finger Death Punch - The Way Of The Fist,

As I Type this, Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier.

The Irons totally ruled Sonisphere, a much better closing of a festival than the frankly dissapointing Aerosmith at Download.

Andii

• RMweb Gold

Due to a rather unexpected trip to A & E and now recouperation at home I am working through my collection. However fave at the moment is the new 'Slash' album (cannot remember the name and its in my player in the workshop). A great selection of styles and guest singers and of course the guitar playing is stunning.

Dave