RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Be Bop Deluxe - Live In The Air Age.

Must try and find this on CD, I don't have a turntable to play my vinyl any more and the good though the You Tube version is, it lacks the punch of a real album.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still sounding good at 31, If not sounding even better with The Killers frontman Brandon Flowers & Pet Shop Boy's Neil Tennant - I Can Change - sampling and almost crafting the track around the brilliant Bronski Beat's Smalltown Boy.

Brandon Flowers - I Can Change

And of course, Bronski Beat.

Mal,

Some of the omissions are a little odd but probably down to licensing problems. F'r instance there's no Beatles or Stones, the biggest 2 bands of the period in question. No Floyd either.

The thing is, if you wanted to really recreate the era it would take a 10 CD set at least! I could list 20 songs that could be on there without taking breath, as no doubt could anyone else from that time and they would probably different ones to mine anyway.

Just be thankful as to what is there and buy it. You know you want to! :yes:

steve

• Like 1

Time Robber by Omega.

Years ago I lent it to a mate with the instruction to turn it up loud.  Sometime later I got it back and he said 'You b*****d, I put my headphones on, turned it up loud like you said and this f****** whistle shot through my head'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doing a lot of physical activity as of late with Pre Season Rugby, The Road Bike back in use while the MTB is out, and back swimming again. So this has been hanging around a lot in my mind. I've rated Q-Tip for a while, love the 80s synths interlaced with an 80s Hip Hop video game feel to it.

• 1 month later...

Iron Maiden - Book of Souls

This is an absolute belter. Most ambitious thing they've ever done, and ends with an 18 minute epic about the disastrous maiden voyage of the R101 airship

Blackmores iNight - All Our Yesterdays

Sadly this is an awful record, for bad car crash levels of awful. To think this is the work of the man who created Burn and Stargazer...

• 3 weeks later...

Dave Gilmour - Rattle That Lock

http://www.kalyr.com/weblog/music/record-reviews/dave-gilmour-rattle-that-lock/

Gloryhammer - Space 1992: The Rise of the Chaos Wizards (Yes, this is as silly as it sounds!)

Chantel McGregor - Lose Control

http://www.kalyr.com/weblog/music/record-reviews/chantel-mcgregor-lose-control/

Thundermother - Road Fever

http://www.kalyr.com/weblog/music/record-reviews/thundermother-road-fever/