RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Muzak in Safeway earlier this week:

Happy to hear it, but it did seem to be an unusual choice to be played in a supermarket at 3 in the afternoon.

Edited by pH
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 20/09/2022 at 23:12, pH said:

Happy to hear it, but it did seem to be an unusual choice to be played in a supermarket at 3 in the afternoon.

Maybe a subtle way of saying "In store cleaner to aisle number 3 for a wet spill please".

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, I fell into my local watering hole last week and whilst they'll usually be playing generic restaurant "Muzak" somebody had actually chosen a decent Spotify playlist. So much so I felt the need to ask artist/track of the staff.

This was one, the drumming intrigued me:

Additionally, I've heard of HAIM before but not bought any of their product. Like this one though:

C6T.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2022 at 23:12, pH said:

Great to hear that again, thanks! :-)

By the way, is that Hugh Lawrie camping it up as the Prince Regent again?

• RMweb Premium

Just discovered this on Youtube.

A bit of Viking/Scandanavian folk that really sounds rather great.

Aurora is well worth checking out. She has a most unusual, almost "other worldly" very charming style. She sings in English mostly.

• Like 1

If you have a pair of stereo headphones, or in any other way are able to play Youtube audio in good quality stereo sound.....

Then turn the volume up loud and do a search for "Theme One George Martin".

I discovered this in my youth, and it still leaves me awestruck.

I think this version sounds the best   

Then, search for "Johann Sebastian Bach ; Toccata & Fugue in Dm, by Sinfonity"    

And lastly, search for   "Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata ( 3rd Movement ) Tina S Cover"   

Enjoy!

• Like 4

On 13/11/2022 at 22:01, t-b-g said:

Just discovered this on Youtube.

A bit of Viking/Scandanavian folk that really sounds rather great.

Aurora is well worth checking out. She has a most unusual, almost "other worldly" very charming style. She sings in English mostly.

I like that, not sure if a whole album of it would be quite the same, but nice to hear some traditional music like that.

• Agree 1

On 15/11/2022 at 07:03, AyJay said:

If you have a pair of stereo headphones, or in any other way are able to play Youtube audio in good quality stereo sound.....

Then turn the volume up loud and do a search for "Theme One George Martin".

I discovered this in my youth, and it still leaves me awestruck.

I think this version sounds the best   

Then, search for "Johann Sebastian Bach ; Toccata & Fugue in Dm, by Sinfonity"    

And lastly, search for   "Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata ( 3rd Movement ) Tina S Cover"   

Enjoy!

Thanks! JSB's T&F is one of my favorites but I've never heard it on guitars before. I've been belting it out a high volume in my workshop (it's not close to the neighbors 😀)

imagine having the dream of being an opera singer and going through all the training just to then have your life destroyed by an immunity disorder which means you have to be trapped at home everyday and have daily plasma transfusions, on top of that your throat is affected too so there goes the singing, trapped home you turn to streaming as a vtuber, let me introduce you to Ironmouse, through streaming her singing voice has slowly come back with practice

"when i look at you" has become a bench mark her community for how well her voice has become that she can now finish the whole song, a year ago her voice would crack up halfway through

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Currently listening to my new radio which means I can have Radio 3 on again, without it constantly wandering off station or fading away altogether.  The old one lasted me 40 years so it was a bit of a shock when it conked out.  The new one has DAB, but I think R3 sounds better on FM even at only two bars of signal strength.

In Tune has gone somewhat Tchaikovsky this evening.  That's the nice thing about the Radio - they play stuff you wouldn't necessarily think to listen to.  I don't find CDs or streaming really fill the gap

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...