The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

A year later and I saw Lainey Wilson at C2C 2019 performing "Microphone". A song about a boyfriend who dumped her and then paraded his new lady at her concerts! Never upset a songwriter as they will get their own back!

• Like 1

William Shatner is still around and has just released a version of "Lets Stick Together" in his own Shatner shtick  - with Canned Heat.

I'm not currently listening to it, but Spotify offered it to me on this mornings Friday playlist of new releases. I haven't bothered to link it here, look it up yourselves Shatner Star Trek tragics.

In better news, Mini Skirt have a new album out if there are any other Aussie Dolecore fans here on RMWeb.

Also Momus has released  album number 1,346 or something. I like Momus, ever since "A Complete History Of Sexual Jealousy, Parts 17 - 24" way back when.

• Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, steve1 said:

On CD

steve

IMG_0660.JPG

Stepping Out/Different For Girls/Is She Really etc. Joe Jackson?

(I've learnt to not necessarily impart cover art to an artist's actual identity, Eric B & Rakim's best of cd has a picture of Eric B together with, erm, Chuck D of Public Enemy on the rear. Or to assume too much from their sound, Boz Scaggs is a white dude dontcha know!) C6T. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry Ten said:

Steppin' Out is one of my all-time favorite songs. Just sublimely great.

Same here, released in August '82 it reminds of the time just after I'd left school, waiting to start on the railway in the first week of September... listening to it now, it doesn't sound old at all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Same here, released in August '82 it reminds of the time just after I'd left school, waiting to start on the railway in the first week of September... listening to it now, it doesn't sound old at all.

Yep, Autumn 82 for me as well - just turned 16 and started going to parties and pubs.

• Like 1