Hornby Advent Calendar 2018

Hroth

So Christmas is coming, and Hornby have their "Advent Calendar" up and running once again.  I thought it would be nice to keep a tally of this years competition, information and perhaps offers...

1st:  Competition to win Thomas the Tank Engine set, Percy, and a couple of James coaches.

2nd: Post up to 75 words on the Hornby forum saying how Hornby helps you and your family enjoy the holidays. Win an East Coast Express set.

3rd: Nothing to win, just a link to getting started with Hornby.

Amazing how many folk can’t read simple instructions and/or can’t count words and are first time posters.

They obviously aren’t all kids hoping to win - Professional competition enterers?? - if so some of them need to read the rules again and post a coherant entry.

Same thing seen on the Scalextric and Airfix sites.

Rob

Hi Rob - You mention "Professional competition enterer's". There are a couple of magazines for "Compers" and they list every competition currently running in the UK, and also list past winners. My wife won a car (Rover Cabriolet) many years ago, and we got hooked on entering competitions for a while. I was amazed at the amount of competitions nobody entered - and there were some serious cash prizes. BB 

Hi Rob - You mention "Professional competition enterer's". There are a couple of magazines for "Compers" and they list every competition currently running in the UK, and also list past winners. My wife won a car (Rover Cabriolet) many years ago, and we got hooked on entering competitions for a while. I was amazed at the amount of competitions nobody entered - and there were some serious cash prizes. BB 

I used to know a woman that bought them magazines and entered virtually all the competitions, especially the holiday ones as she said she was desperate for a holiday. Never won anything. The amount that she was spending on stamps and phone calls she could have paid for a holiday of her choice.  :mail: 

Someone's got to win though and I've previously won a book on the Hornby website, so why not enter? I entered the first one for my nephew.

Jason

• Like 2

I used to know a woman that bought them magazines and entered virtually all the competitions, especially the holiday ones as she said she was desperate for a holiday. Never won anything. The amount that she was spending on stamps and phone calls she could have paid for a holiday of her choice.  :mail:

Someone's got to win though and I've previously won a book on the Hornby website, so why not enter? I entered the first one for my nephew.

Jason

If you win, I shall sulk mightily!!!   :jester:

5th December

Thou shalt submit an image of Hornby stuff for the Christmas Customer Image Competition, by the 16th to win £100 credit to be used on the Hornby Website.

(As of time of posting, the link explaining what they want 404s)

6th December:

This is for all those who are Facebook users.  "Like&Share" the competition post on Hornbys Facebook page to win a West Coast Highlander set (R1157).

I won't be entering......

Today’s competition is just right for the younger new modellers Hornby needs to attract. I entered to try and win the trainset for my nephew.

My comment was in the sense that I'm not a Facebooker.  The set itself is ideal for beginners.

I've noticed that the Hornby Advent Calendar mirrors the Airfix one. They've got a FB thing as well.

I'm another one that doesn't "do" FB. I've got an account, I just don't use it for communicating. Mainly used as some music and film FB pages have "adult" content so you need to log in. Nothing dodgy just swearing and horror stuff.

Jason

7th December. Already!

Right, one for all the twits out there.  Go to the Hornby Twitter page, follow Hornby and retweet the competition entry to win a Highland Rambler train set.

I don't tweet, so....

(Radio 3 just played Mozarts "The Birdcatchers Song", well it made ME grin!)

• Like 2

9th December.

This morning, why not share your Hornby Wishlist with family and friends and get what you really want!

All I can say is that it's a bit late to be telling people what you want for Christmas.  If you've left it until now, you're going to get that perennial favourite, A SURPRISE!

10th December:

Follow the link to the Hornby Competitions page and enter the draw for a years subscription to Hornby Magazine.

If you haven't a sub already, there's no "social media" entanglements to prevent entry.  Flood 'em with entries!  Yay!!!