Hornby 2019 Speculation

Edge

• RMweb Gold

Out of all the manufacturers out there who could consider one, I reckon Horby would be in a prime position to announce an all singing, all dancing 37......

They've currently only got the old Lima moulding on the go, so would you bet against them announcing one? Or even a pukka 47 at that. Both types of Loco are ripe for the pickings if someone's brave enough to have a go.

It would have to be a 'definitive' version though, bit like Accurascales Deltic.......

cheers

Andy

My tea leaves say it will be a 47 - everybody else is into EE locos nowadays and they're becoming terribly passé.

Only an hour and half to go and I am so excited............

Have you told your Mrs and the dogs?  :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

Is something happening at 10 o'clock today?  I must have missed this announcement...oh wait a minute, this explains the Hornby count down advert...I should pay more attention...anyone for a brew while you wait?

It's a Hattons count down add on the banner.  I don't thing they'll be doing one for Bachmann's announcement next week ;)

• RMweb Premium

Have you told your Mrs and the dogs?  :jester: 

Mrs M is going shopping so she will miss the wailing as I don't get the loco I want in the livery I want.............again.

Gus the gundog is in his bed and can't be bothered. Hugo the Hopeless Hunting Hound is running around all excited but doesn't know why.

You'll get a topic which has everything in it (with illustrations and even some photographs) from new toolings through to new liveries etc. plus topics for each of the new toolings.

I've not read everything in the topic but I can see there are some guesses that are right; many that are wrong but there are some things coming up at 10.00 that I haven't seen any guesses for at all so there's definitely some surprises in there. One of the major surprises will be the advanced stages that some things are at, one or two of which will probably result in quite a bit of pre-ordering over the next few days due to the "I didn't know I wanted one of those but I don't want to miss out" factor.

I will close this topic off before 10.00.

That's certainly very exciting!

Do you think maybe when you close the thread off you could include the link to the all encompassing topic please?

• RMweb Premium

You'll get a topic which has everything in it (with illustrations and even some photographs) from new toolings through to new liveries etc. plus topics for each of the new toolings.

I've not read everything in the topic but I can see there are some guesses that are right; many that are wrong but there are some things coming up at 10.00 that I haven't seen any guesses for at all so there's definitely some surprises in there. One of the major surprises will be the advanced stages that some things are at, one or two of which will probably result in quite a bit of pre-ordering over the next few days due to the "I didn't know I wanted one of those but I don't want to miss out" factor.

I will close this topic off before 10.00.

Morning Andy. Thanks for that, however will you send Hornby to the Naughty Step if they make an announcement that is contrary to RMW rules and regs?

Sincerely,

Al Baccyman

• RMweb Premium

It's a Hattons count down add on the banner.  I don't thing they'll be doing one for Bachmann's announcement next week ;)

I doubt it, but will another retailer do a Bachmann countdown, or will Hattons do a countdown which ends, oh, say an hour before the Bachmann launch?

Cue 38 another pages of froth!

• Like 1

Only an hour and half to go and I am so excited............

"I'm so excited /

I just can't stand it /

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it..."

Etc, etc.

The champagne is on ice in my fridge, just in case it turns out to be the year of the M&GN...

Paul

Do you think maybe when you close the thread off you could include the link to the all encompassing topic please?

All the new topics will be easy enough to find in the Hornby area come the time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am already locked in the safe room as SWMBO knows that I will be uncontrollable at 09.59.59 (and that isn't my Bank Account Code). This announcement is another Government ploy to distract from the real concerns of the populace. :nono:  :scared:  :triniti: 

I have already written my resignation letter.

Au revoir mon amis.

Philippe