Hornby 2019 Speculation

Edge

• RMweb Gold

37 pages and jyst a few hours to go.

Everything ever made in the UK has now been wishlisted.

I had a quick look through 125 years of railway magazines and found what i think is the only thing not yet wishlisted...

So here it is...

One of these please...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Railway_Paget_locomotive

Then re-use the tender behind 58100 Big Bertha.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

I've started a sweepstake with family and friends! One suggested a GWR Aberdare 2-6-0. Very attractive locomotives indeed, I'm quite fond of pre-1923 GWR so I would probably get one. Not likely though.

I've gone for the two safe choices of a Saint, a J27 and the rather unsafe choice of a Gresley P1. I reckon I'll double at least one 50p tomorrow...

• Like 1

There have been threads on here where people have turned it into a decent model. It's what it is, a forty year old model with compromises. It can scrub up pretty well though.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/66764-Hornby-kitkat-van-and-similar-prototype/

http://www.igg.org.uk/rail/00-app2/lner/handbr.htm

If you really wanted one and can build kits then Wizard make similar H&B vans to them.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/wagons/hbrd015/

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/wagons/hbrd013/

Jason

Thank you for the reference to my work - I am flattered!

Best,

Marcus

• Like 2

I will be surprised if the J27 ( and for that matter the J26) will be on the list. I think more likely we will have the NER 20t wooden hopper... I have been thinking about what there could be but keep drawing blanks... I think the G5 may have been on the list until TMC and Bachman teamed up.

Anyhow I wouldn't mind if there was another year of not much for me... still have too many kits to get on with.

• Like 2

It would indeed but what is the point of retooling if it’s not made as good as it could be?

It becomes a question of is it better than nothing?

Even with all the competition these days all the non-Hornby companies can't do everything, and Hornby will obviously being doing something.  So if the choice is not being done by anyone, or a retool by Hornby, which is better?

So!

Into the final straight (R601) with less than two and a half furlongs to go!!!

Will we get our just desserts, or is all this froth just an overflow of banana-flavoured Angel Delight?

ONWARDS!

• Like 1

Will Hornby drop poor selling items like the GWR King and the SR Adams Radial from its range?

I wonder why the GWR King didn't sell?

So!

Will we get our just desserts, or is all this froth just an overflow of banana-flavoured Angel Delight?

ONWARDS!

The reference to the R601 straight is hilarious...

So!

ONWARDS!

We will probably only get one new express locomotive, one new goods locomotive, one new coach and one new wagon but I wonder if they will be the ones we have suggested. I think Hornby will also drop one of each from its range.

• RMweb Gold

Will Hornby drop poor selling items like the GWR King and the SR Adams Radial from its range?

I don't think either have sold badly in absolute terms, rather that they just made too many and, in the case of the Radial, it suffered from being duplicated by the Oxford model, which was a bit cheaper and beat it into the shops.

That the markedly superior Hornby versions can sometimes be picked up more cheaply than those clearly suggests an over-supply.

All that said, the greeting that the latest King received from the GWR fraternity when released did seem to be (at best) rather half-hearted.   

Items don't often get "dropped" these days but both are likely to be "rested" for a year or two to allow demand to rebuild. In the case of the Radial, there are a quite a few possible variations that haven't yet been covered and I'd think Hornby face a choice between filling the gaps in 2019 (then effectively dropping the model for the foreseeable future) or leaving it alone for two or three years, then reviving it.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

Margate, Kent.

The sun is starting to illuminate the overcast sky as the Hornby team arrange a few boxes on a pasting table in front of "Bittern", and make sure the projection screen is upright for the Powerpoint presentation.  More minions are arranging some seats in a semicircle around the screen and display, whilst a box of photocopied handouts are positioned on a card-table by the door.

Soon all will be ready.....

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever been involved in the dream list which is why I'll give it a punt this morning before the big announcement.

I can see Hornby pulling the class 45 out the hat, a 104/120/126 dmu and an emu of the 303/4/5 type  

Well, we can all dream :sungum:

Will Andy be posting the entire announcement with images or just a list???

@Andy York

You'll get a topic which has everything in it (with illustrations and even some photographs) from new toolings through to new liveries etc. plus topics for each of the new toolings.

I've not read everything in the topic but I can see there are some guesses that are right; many that are wrong but there are some things coming up at 10.00 that I haven't seen any guesses for at all so there's definitely some surprises in there. One of the major surprises will be the advanced stages that some things are at, one or two of which will probably result in quite a bit of pre-ordering over the next few days due to the "I didn't know I wanted one of those but I don't want to miss out" factor.

I will close this topic off before 10.00.

• Like 4

I don't think I've ever been involved in the dream list which is why I'll give it a punt this morning before the big announcement.

I can see Hornby pulling the class 45 out the hat, a 104/120/126 dmu and an emu of the 303/4/5 type  

Well, we can all dream :sungum:

Dream/Nightmare.

There's a fine dividing line.....  :scared:

You'll get a topic which has everything in it (with illustrations and even some photographs) from new toolings through to new liveries etc. plus topics for each of the new toolings.

I've not read everything in the topic but I can see there are some guesses that are right; many that are wrong but there are some things coming up at 10.00 that I haven't seen any guesses for at all so there's definitely some surprises in there. One of the major surprises will be the advanced stages that some things are at, one or two of which will probably result in quite a bit of pre-ordering over the next few days due to the "I didn't know I wanted one of those but I don't want to miss out" factor.

I will close this topic off before 10.00.

Is something happening at 10 o'clock today?  I must have missed this announcement...oh wait a minute, this explains the Hornby count down advert...I should pay more attention...anyone for a brew while you wait?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Is something happening at 10 o'clock today?  I must have missed this announcement...oh wait a minute, this explains the Hornby count down advert...I should pay more attention...anyone for a brew while you wait?

No sugar in mine.