Bachmann 2019 Speculation

piranha230

• RMweb Gold

It's getting really wearing hearing you bang the same drum, week in, week out; you're not even correct - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/96640-Bachmann-branchline-announcements-for-20156/

You need to forgive him Andy. He's spent too long in the sun at Penarth Road. What he needs is a warm Clarkes pie, and to rest his weary head on a mattress of Pink 'Uns*

* Pink 'uns- South Wales Football Echo.

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

I think, seeing as we're fast approaching the 'Hitler' moment, we should perhaps ignore the poor old Baccy 94xx.

we're all a pretty pragmatic lot, so it'll arrive when it arrives. The final arbiters will be its desirability and quality. After all, it's still our wallets that count.

I bumped into Kevin the teaboy at the local Aldi. I mentioned I hadn't seem him lately.

"Not likely! It's that bl**dy Western lot, putting the frighteners on me!"

Happy modelling.

Doktor Octavius Shrinkk.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps the biggest interest won't be in the announced models but in their state of readiness. Have Bachmann been beavering away behind the scenes in order to have stuff ready to go, or almost ready to go (like Hornby) or will it be very much a case of jam tomorrow?

We know that whatever models are announced they will be either the best thing since sliced bread or a disappointing selection. However Hornby have created a bit of a buzz with some rabbits out of the hat, partly because they weren't expected and partly because we should be able to get our sticky mitts on them before the year's out. It would be good to see a similar level of excited anticipation on the announcement of Bachmann's 2019 program.

• RMweb Gold

That's unlikely.

The promise Bachmann break the most is where they say that next time, they'll only announce models which will be available in the next 18 months. Given they can't even get reliveries out in that time...

I predict that Bachmann will continue the way they've been doing until another firm makes the models they've announced before they do, knowing that none of the items on the list will appear for years!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You need to forgive him Andy. He's spent too long in the sun at Penarth Road. What he needs is a warm Clarkes pie, and to rest his weary head on a mattress of Pink 'Uns*

* Pink 'uns- South Wales Football Echo.

Ian.

Glad you explained that..... :O

• RMweb Gold

I think the likeliest "new" announcement is a BR2 2-6-2T (84xxx) which might, I suspect, have been under development alongside the DCC-friendly chassis for the Ivatt equivalent. 

That would at least offer a possible explanation as to why the latter took so long to arrive, despite almost everything required having been produced for the tender version years ago.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If it takes time to design and produce high spec models.............so what!!, I, for one am prepared to wait for quality items such as those beautiful Atlantics, Stanier Moguls, LMS Twins etc. etc. Patience is something that has almost disappeared it seems but then I remember the times when we were happy for one new loco per year to appear. I'm sure Bachmann would love to have all of their announced products on the shelves and turning a dollar right now. Anyway after the great Hornby announcements, I am really looking forward to seeing what the blue box folks can come up with. :sungum:  :sungum:

Rgds......Mike

• Like 3

True. They might announce that they intend to produce a Prestwin wagon.....

hi Ive been told by my local model shop that Bachmann will not be obtaining any stock of any kind until the middle of this year as they are moving factoriehs in China and so have halted all production till then so that could even more delays

Dave

• RMweb Gold

In the last Bachmann Collectors Club there wasn’t a published photo but it did list the 94xx as being at the EP stage. Maybe we’ll see one on monday.

With the deepest respect, not everyone joins Bachmann Collectors Club. It is up to Bachmann to engage the buying public, not a niche or clique whom are required to 'spread the word'.

I'm not knocking those who are, far from it, but I'd take a dim view if someone thought their pound notes are somehow better than mine, for example.

Hmmm.

Ian.

hi Ive been told by my local model shop that Bachmann will not be obtaining any stock of any kind until the middle of this year as they are moving factoriehs in China and so have halted all production till then so that could even more delays

Dave

Regrettably, they have not been keeping up. Bachmann themselves have announced (and it is on this forum, under the thread about two models announced as deferred or cancelled), that the new factory is up and running and production started in January. It has greater capacity than the old one. It is also located in a part of China less susceptible to poaching by the more lucrative white goods/high tech factories, so they believe, and less subject to the whims of the local party cadres. The other factory (or factories - I am not sure), has/have continued production. Given the usual Chinese New Year shutdown is approaching, I guess the proof in the pudding will be how many of their newly trained personnel return by the end of February.

Bachmann's estimated output timescales have been available on their revised website for some time now (under "Availability", but you have to wait several seconds for the full list to load), albeit the timescales do keep changing. The key interest, for me anyway, will be their expression of confidence about those timescales now shown, or whether they will continue to hedge their bets, given any other Kader-wide problems not yet revealed.

Speculation is fun!! But it is obligatory these days for it to be accompanied by wholesale denigration and exaggerated expressions of frustration. Much like for the alleged "football team" that I occasionally confess I support. that wear blue, now wallowing at the bottom of the Championship, so I pretend I also support the other team, wearing yellow rather than red, who are right up the other end. No doubt, once those positions are reversed, as they often are, I can come out of the closet again......

Ring any bells?

• Like 1

With the deepest respect, not everyone joins Bachmann Collectors Club. It is up to Bachmann to engage the buying public, not a niche or clique whom are required to 'spread the word'.

I'm not knocking those who are, far from it, but I'd take a dim view if someone thought their pound notes are somehow better than mine, for example.

Hmmm.

Ian.

I understand that which is why I posted my comment, explaining that the 94xx had reached the EP stage as it seems most people aren’t aware that real progress has been made on the model in the last year. I agree that it would be beneficial for Bachmann if they were to make this information more readily available, perhaps on their website to all their customers though. I certainly wouldn’t feel shortchanged as a member, as it’s not the reason I joined.

I don’t think my pound notes are better than anyone else’s for the record

Edited by GWR8700

I'm hoping the Class 319 announced however long ago in 'N' gets upscaled to 'OO'.

Now is probably a good time to do one, as it now covers a wider spread of the UK and can solve the argument of needing 3rd rail or overheads to run an EMU, if they do the underframe mouldings to represent a Class 769!

As a straight Class 319, it covers the popular NSE era, and wore the colours in 2 different styles. You've got 3 (possibly 4) different Thameslink colours, plus the FCC livery. Can have the (somewhat under represented in model form IMO) Connex colours and Southern Green/White. Then there's the two different styles of Northern Trains livery too, plus a few one-off advertising liveries. Forgot to add, there's also London Midland which would be a good companion to their Class 350!

As a Class 769, you've currently (sort of!) got Northern and will eventually have GWR Green. I believe Transport for Wales are having some too, and the Rail Operations Group are looking to have a pair for parcels use.

Thameslink Blue/Yellow, Connnex or FCC would have me reaching for the plastic in double quick time!

Andy.

Edited by SWT442
  • Like 4