Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Visited Shildon NRM.

• RMweb Premium

Hi. I'm off to Shildon on Wednesday 28th. Does anyone want/need any pics of anything in particular e.g. for detailing?

At Shildon I've got a cab visit booked for the ES1 so I can get the controls and fittings logged but I have time to wander.

Cheers, 36E

word of advice to anyone going to shildon. When I visited last year the cafe only takes cash and there are no cash machines nearby well none i could find. nor could I find any shops nearby. So take cash with you or a packed lunch. I had to starve till I got back to Darlington. :angry:

I was told by my 'guide' that there were some old style heating radiators in the cab (like cast iron central heating ones, or would they be electrically powered?) You can just see the mark on the floor to the left, behind the brake wheel standard (in that pic). There was another diagonally opposite we believe.

I'm surprised there would have been heaters in there, considering how close they would have been to the open resistances...!!

Thanks for posting the photos, I've had a quick look through mine again and the only cab roof interior shot is taken from ground level and seems to show a light.

word of advice to anyone going to shildon. When I visited last year the cafe only takes cash and there are no cash machines nearby well none i could find. nor could I find any shops nearby. So take cash with you or a packed lunch. I had to starve till I got back to Darlington. :angry:

Sorry - it's a franchise, so out of our hands. There is a cash machine at the Redworth Road post office opposite the main car park for future reference - I've had to use it a few times in 6 years of working there, as the main Shildon banks are in Old Shildon a bit of a walk away. The Museum is in New Shildon (I know, it's complicated).

Glad the visit to No.1 was good. If you like I'll take cab roof shots for you when I'm there on Thursday and mail them over.

Cheers

Anthony

Sorry - it's a franchise, so out of our hands. There is a cash machine at the Redworth Road post office opposite the main car park for future reference - I've had to use it a few times in 6 years of working there, as the main Shildon banks are in Old Shildon a bit of a walk away. The Museum is in New Shildon (I know, it's complicated).

Glad the visit to No.1 was good. If you like I'll take cab roof shots for you when I'm there on Thursday and mail them over.

Cheers

Anthony

thanks I will know next time must say I enjoyed the rest of my visit must pop down again in the summer. there cant be many places that dont take plastic these days.

Is this any good? Sorry it's only one side, and apolgies for delay; have been away playing on the R H & D R :blink:

Phil

Sure is. Many thanks.

I havn't seen this vehicle for many years and I long to take more photos of it. One day.

Archived