Quorn Wagon Group

Quorn Wagon

13 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

They're too well restored and painted.  Goods trains were never that clean. 

Perhaps you should have weathered some of them !  😁

They soon loose that shine.    Just look how well their pair of fibreglass containers have weathered over the 2 years since they were restored....

rDSCF7177.JPG.5bdc4817a9d5fbb88304dfc5cc79b08e.JPG

• Like 8

On 22/01/2023 at 20:48, rloades said:

The jobs list on the tank is now dwindling, and we'll soon be onto our next project. See what we've got up to this weekend!

https://quornwagonandwagon.co.uk/2023/01/22/22-1-23-two-jobs-left-on-the-tank/

…these links to latest progress have changed in style and no longer work…is anyone else struggling to see latest work done?

BeRTIe

On 29/01/2023 at 02:23, LNERGE said:

The mixed freight looked superb on Saturday. I didn't see any obvious activity at Quorn or anywhere to part with money.

Thank you LNERGE. Unfortunately we didn't have many of us on site on Saturday, sorry we missed you! Dave had other commitments and I was still flying back from Poland for work.

Here's this week's update.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rloades said:

Thank you LNERGE. Unfortunately we didn't have many of us on site on Saturday, sorry we missed you! Dave had other commitments and I was still flying back from Poland for work.

Here's this week's update.

I was there with my nine year old wingman. To be able to see the different types of wagons actually moving is fantastic. It helps no end trying to explain what it is all about.

One day i hope the railway i'm involved with will be able to run a demonstration pickup freight. Currently we have four locations such a train could pull into to shunt/be overtaken etc. I've done my bit and provided Intermediate token instruments to aid shutting trains away. All we need is someone to start restoring our wagons (this is in hand)

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can help you with that today :)

Normally, we make a template in Photoshop on a lifesize canvas using pictures from sources like Paul Bartlett or Flickr, or even scanned from Wagon books. This is then printed on several sheets of A4 paper and stitched together using tape.

Chalk or charcoal is applied to the back of the stitched together template, which is then positioned on the wagon and the printed letters are drawn around to transfer the chalk to the wagon.

IMG_20230219_093643759.jpg

IMG_20230219_092609053.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Great to see there are some more TTAs saved. Such a core part of the wagon fleet over the decades.

Perhaps the generator, charger and so on felt solidarity with the drivers on the national network? :D

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 20/02/2023 at 08:55, rloades said:

Chalk or charcoal is applied to the back of the stitched together template, which is then positioned on the wagon and the printed letters are drawn around to transfer the chalk to the wagon.

IMG_20230219_093643759.jpg

This gem has been duly passed on to management!

We tarted up an old mineral which is no longer serviceable but is visible from the mainline, using some home made stencils, very small brushes and a lot of standing back!

I can't lie, faced with doing it all again on the other side I have started a campaign to have it in BR condition!

edit: I need one of those sticks to rest on as well!

20230503_070441.jpg.48d825b881a9fa66e1e0676cb8a31bc3.jpg

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...