OD1000 Western Enterprise Desert Sand SYP

70E

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Has anyone actually received one?

If so, with sound?

I've had no contact yet, despite putting my name down for a sound one as soon as I saw them for pre-order at the Museum's yearly Model Railway Exhibition.  I am hoping to contact them this coming week but perhaps it's just that the non-sound ones that have arrived so far as I cannot find anywhere that has one of the regular batch with sound in stock yet.

Interested to see your photos of your D1000, Suzy Sulzer - always like the half-yellow panel liveries!

Thanks,

Ixion.

I’ve had no contact about my sound one either. Will give it a bit longer and then get in touch with them myself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mutley said:

I was there the Saturday before last to pickup a standard DCC ready version and they mentioned that the sound fitted locos were due in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks Mutley...

That makes sense, especially with the general release sound fitted ones not being available too.

Cheers,

Ixion.

On 21/07/2023 at 15:42, Crepello said:

An un-weathered version like this in N-gauge would be very welcome too!

Hi Crepello,

Osborns Models did a non-weathered version some time ago I'm afraid... P/N: NDOSB003 (ref. Hattons database) and a quantity of 200 (ref. Vectis)... I have one in a storage box somewhere!

Then, I think probably because they were popular, they did a weathered version as P/N: OSB-012 - which is still available I believe.

Sorry to disappoint, though I am not sure if an all sand coloured front (i.e. non-SYP) was ever done as an N-gauge model, which may possibly be an option to add a half yellow front to if they ever do one (any other detail changes aside!)?  I think they did an all over maroon one (2D-003-008) but... that was a mistake, I believe!!!

Hope that helps?

Ixion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My D1000 (dcc/sound) arrived yesterday at midday with the normal postie delivering the letter Mail.I had to sign for it.I think the box is a rehash of the original ten years ago, the picture now shows it with SYP.

Richard

Edited by d46037

45 minutes ago, 70E said:

did western enterprise carry larger nameplates/number plates  in desert sand livery or only when it was re-painted in maroon

It carried the deeper name plates from new, here's one of the original sets in Swindon Museum, note the difference to D1073's name plate... the number plates on all 74 Westerns were the same depth...

000_0227.jpg.23d04b6ef3a1d22635e00238c4c2ca8d.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2023 at 19:44, Hilux5972 said:

I haven’t even had my notification from Steam that the sound versions are in stock yet. Might have to send an email I think 

I got a call about a week ago... hopefully you've had one by now.

If not, give them a call as they're definitely in stock and I have mine already.

The only down side was no sound functions list was provided with my model and I do not appear to be alone with sound fitted versions.. not sure if any have them, though you can work out most by trial and error.

Thanks,

Ixion.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been reading the Model Rail review of this locomotive. They state that the builders plates are upside down, so I thought I would get the magnifying glass out and look at my model. Sure enough they are indeed upside down. One would think that they could have got that right as it is not a cheap model. Fortunately not noticeable at normal viewing distance,but knowing it’s wrong at some time I will have to remove them and reattach the right way up!

Edited by d46037

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, d46037 said:

Just been reading the Model Rail review of this locomotive. They state that the builders plates are upside down, so I thought I would get the magnifying glass out and look at my model. Sure enough they are indeed upside down. One would think that they could have got that right as it is not a cheap model. Fortunately not noticeable at normal viewing distance,but knowing it’s wrong at some time I will have to remove them and reattach the right way up!

Check it isnt prototypical first! Always possible it's correct

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2023 at 14:22, MikeParkin65 said:

Check it isnt prototypical first! Always possible it's correct

Definitely incorrect! I studied various Masterpiece Western models at the Steam event at Swindon last weekend as well as the real thing D1062 at the SVR over the last couple of days at the Autumn Steam Gala and they were all the right way up. Have also seen pictures of D1015 Western Champion builders plate,also the right way up!

Edited by d46037

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KeithMacdonald said:

But not any more.

image.png.9d83200a6a69b211cb9f19199d3a5935.png

Just because a page URL has changed it doesn't mean a product doesn't exist.

https://cheltenhammodelcentre.com/locomotives/dapol-oo-gauge-class-52-western-d1000-western-enterprise-br-maroon-small-yellow-panels-limited-edition/p-d1000

• Like 1