All new RTR PHA/JGA Bogie Hopper wagon

Grimleygrid

On 04/01/2023 at 14:23, WCML100 said:

Hi Guys - don't suppose you have had a chance to make up any train formation diagrams as of yet for these? Would greatly appreciated! Thanks 😃

Hi WCML100, sorry not as yet. It is on my list of jobs to do which seems to be growing by the day!

I have not forgotten and will be looking at this over the coming weeks.

Look forward to catching up at a show soon!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Hi WCML100, sorry not as yet. It is on my list of jobs to do which seems to be growing by the day!

I have not forgotten and will be looking at this over the coming weeks.

Look forward to catching up at a show soon!

Thanks - It is greatly appreciated - cannot wait for these to arrive now!

I also look forward to catching up at the next show!

• 2 months later...

Thanks again guys for chatting to us at Ally Pally on Saturday!

Here is the shortest rake (consisting of 16) I mentioned of these lovely wagons. Running on 6M34, watch from 2:15

Now I know it has happened in real life I can model this length (& all the correct type for the version you are releasing of this wagon too!) 😁

PS: can't remember if I asked, do we have running numbers confirmed yet for each livery? Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfZpnbMORI

Edited by WCML100

• 1 month later...

Hi

Any updates on these wagons lots of updates on class 56 and 60 but these seem to almost have slipped into the “Bachmann” announcement then long gap before production #dont shoot the messenger 

cheers 

On 06/05/2023 at 18:00, Deltic Man said:

Hi

Any updates on these wagons lots of updates on class 56 and 60 but these seem to almost have slipped into the “Bachmann” announcement then long gap before production #dont shoot the messenger 

cheers 

Hi Deltic Man,

Sadly Covid has impacted this project and with the delays caused by the epidemic and other issues in China, unfortunately the knock on effect is a backlog which hasn't helped.

We are working closely with the factory to get the PHA/JGA project progressing to the production stage of the process as soon as practically possible.

We are just awaiting updated samples from the factory, which are due imminently (The factory is currently making the samples), for final approval ahead of the project moving to the production stage of the process. The wagons are expected later this year.

We will provide updates as and when we have further information.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2023 at 15:42, WCML100 said:

Hi Guys, unfortunately we didn't make it to DEMU weekend just gone and was wondering if you had any good photos of the weathered variant pre production decorated sample? Thanks 😄

Morning WCML100, sorry for the delay in replying, I have not logged in for a few days.

It was a shame that you couldn’t make DEMU this year, we had a few goodies on display that might have been of interest!
We will be posting a project’s update over the next couple of weeks which will include photos of the latest pre-production samples.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WCML100 said:

Hi Chaps - any news on the project update for these? 😆

thanks

Morning,

Apologies for the delay, we will be posting a project's update later this month which will include the PHA/JGA project.

I have just taken a photo of the unbranded samples to post later today.

You beat me to it!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 20:03, Eddie the dog said:

Hi Grimleygrid,

Can you confirm these are the final JGA production samples for the factory weathered variants please ?
with thanks.

Hi Eddie the dog!

These are the final pre-production samples.

Here is another photo for you of the weathered unbranded version:

PHA.JGA(AIMU)(2).jpg.6a3cbfa9a72e03ac0b4668de3d89f979.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

POST-DEMU SUMMER UPDATE

BARDON PHA/JGA WAGON PROJECT

Samples.jpg.3cbce6348ead4efc77165fedeadb0bd6.jpg

We are working closely with the factory to get the PHA/JGA project to the production stage of the process as soon as practically possible. Unfortunately, Covid has impacted this project, with the delays caused by the epidemic and other resulting issues in China, causing a backlog in the factories.

Updated decorated samples have arrived from the factory for final approval ahead of the project moving to the production stage of the process. We are now just awaiting a production slot at the factory for the PHA/JGA wagon project.

We will be contacting customers shortly requesting second payments in preparation for production.

The PHA/JGA wagons are expected early 2024 and make a perfect working for our forthcoming Class 56 and Class 60 locomotives.

Full update here: https://www.cavalexmodels.com/post-demu-summer-update

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Is this weathered variant still an option? Or is it just the one shown in your picture @RBE 

EEA5DF50-162D-4DBD-80E4-EC78AEEF7A90.jpeg

That picture was a CG render however the 'weathered' version is now brown and blue/grey. Tbh it's my favourite now after seeing the samples.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...