Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Imaginary Locomotives

• RMweb Premium

That link doesn't work.

Linked to a different photo. And as Keith says... 

Do you mean EP07-1051?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2164/2251853127_a9486cf35a_b.jpg

Keith

(Complete with BR crest!)

... it's an EP07 - which is an EU07 rebuilt with new traction motors and different gearing.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I suppose this could be at home here, a Roxey Cyprus Railway 2-6-0 with a few differences, painted in a South African inspired livery. By changing the tender, the loco can either be a OO9 loco or a O9 loco.

35763224_1717926014951710_55481164537790

Full details here : http://2a-rail.proboards.com/thread/22/south-african-hollywood-stock-mogul?page=1&scrollTo=44

• Like 3

If anyone is looking for a (Blue) Pullman loco, Co-Bo wheel arrangement, then it is your lucky day, there is one for sale on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-plastic-bodied-modified-BR-Diesel-Pullman-Loco-Hornby-Lima/202346381906?hash=item2f1cc8c252:g:Wx8AAOSwgTJbKnqD

s-l1600.jpg

You don't see one of those every day.

Just to say it is not my listing, I just saw it when looking for kits.

Jamie

• Like 2

I suppose this could be at home here, a Roxey Cyprus Railway 2-6-0 with a few differences, painted in a South African inspired livery. By changing the tender, the loco can either be a OO9 loco or a O9 loco.

35763224_1717926014951710_55481164537790

Full details here : http://2a-rail.proboards.com/thread/22/south-african-hollywood-stock-mogul?page=1&scrollTo=44

Interesting idea! That looks very interesting! May we please see a video of it in action sometime?

If anyone is looking for a (Blue) Pullman loco, Co-Bo wheel arrangement, then it is your lucky day, there is one for sale on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-plastic-bodied-modified-BR-Diesel-Pullman-Loco-Hornby-Lima/202346381906?hash=item2f1cc8c252:g:Wx8AAOSwgTJbKnqD

s-l1600.jpg

Jamie

I thought they were A1A-Bo.   Shame it isn't in large logo blue or I might risk bidding £1.05.

• Like 2

I've been working on some freelance steam locomotives and here is one I came up with using the BR Standard 9F as a basis and an LMS Stanier 8F as inspiration.

post-32006-0-26940700-1529799209.png

This locomotive is a Southern Bulleid 2-8-2 freight locomotive built mainly for heavy long distance freight. This locomotive is the X1 Class 2-8-2 tender locomotive and was first introduced in 1944. A total of 90 were built and all have survived into BR ownership until they were replaced by the 9Fs and withdrawn between 1960 to 1964. Only one member of the class, No. 188, has survived into preservation.

Also, my GWR 2-6-4T 'Platypus' is steadily taking shape soon and my Mk II LNWR Mogul is nearing completion. My freelance LNER Hudson 4-6-4 based loosely on Gresley's W1 4-6-4 is steadily coming to fruition.

• RMweb Premium

s-l1600.jpg

Jamie

Hi Jamie

post-16423-0-33267100-1529833934.jpg

Says who? I had D900 on the layout at a show and there was a dad telling his son what all the classes of loco were. When he got to D900 he said " I have no idea what D900 is?" His son looked at him if he was daft for not knowing. I didn't say anything pretending not to hear.

Edit, sorry for the small image.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

Here are my made up locos, although one is only a repaint.

1. A class 58 in BR blue numbered 58 001, I followed the paint scheme of the class 20's with the only deviation being the yellow cab side windows. I did it please myself as I do like the blue era stuff and I have got two in grey with red frames.
  2. A tri bogie lash up from HST power cars supposedly for freight liner, block oil, sleeper or motor rail type trains. This loco is finished in protoype HST livery and the front end should have been steepened up a little bit although I do like the Warship style buffer beam.
  3. This is a Q1- austerity style cladding as might have been applied to the light pacifics. There is a wooden mock up in the NRM and I have also seen photos of it in various books so a Dapol kit was suitably modified to suit.

post-34584-0-43536200-1529933005_thumb.jpg

post-34584-0-06843100-1529933040_thumb.jpg

post-34584-0-34860000-1529932970_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Here are my made up locos, although one is only a repaint.

1. A class 58 in BR blue numbered 58 001, I followed the paint scheme of the class 20's with the only deviation being the yellow cab side windows. I did it please myself as I do like the blue era stuff and I have got two in grey with red frames.
  2. A tri bogie lash up from HST power cars supposedly for freight liner, block oil, sleeper or motor rail type trains. This loco is finished in protoype HST livery and the front end should have been steepened up a little bit although I do like the Warship style buffer beam.
  3. This is a Q1- austerity style cladding as might have been applied to the light pacifics. There is a wooden mock up in the NRM and I have also seen photos of it in various books so a Dapol kit was suitably modified to suit.

attachicon.gifDSCF0295.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0296.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0294.JPG

Interesting locomotives! I like the Q1-austerity pacific! Does that run well as well as the other locomotives?

Interesting locomotives! I like the Q1-austerity pacific! Does that run well as well as the other locomotives?

Hi LNWR,

The austerity Bullied pacific is only a static although building a runner shouldn't present any problems, I would use one of the older Hornby models with the X04 motor. I have to say there are loads more jobs that need sorting out before building another one of those. I built a model of Tangmere, also from a Dapol kit at the same time for I was rebuilding the real one at the time when working at Riley's

The tri bogie runs fine although the centre bogie jumps off on reverse point work sometimes and the 58 is what it is.

I do have another parts bin contraption somewhere but it is in a box that I can't get to after house alterations, I shall post a pic when I get tidied up.

Pleased you like them,

Gibbo.

Hi LNWR,

The austerity Bullied pacific is only a static although building a runner shouldn't present any problems, I would use one of the older Hornby models with the X04 motor. I have to say there are loads more jobs that need sorting out before building another one of those. I built a model of Tangmere, also from a Dapol kit at the same time for I was rebuilding the real one at the time when working at Riley's

The tri bogie runs fine although the centre bogie jumps off on reverse point work sometimes and the 58 is what it is.

I do have another parts bin contraption somewhere but it is in a box that I can't get to after house alterations, I shall post a pic when I get tidied up.

Pleased you like them,

Gibbo.

I certainly do and thanks. I wonder what that contraption is...

I certainly do and thanks. I wonder what that contraption is...

Found It !

This contraption is from the remainder of the HST power cars that I used to build a cut and shut class 89 I sometime around 1989.

It is in RTC red and blue and as it is from Derby it runs on class 25 bogies, who knows what the RTC would have used it for? Perhaps one of their boffins has suitable ideas about possible purpose.

post-34584-0-58624100-1530036082_thumb.jpg

post-34584-0-84027200-1530036046_thumb.jpg

Gibbo.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Found It !

This contraption is from the remainder of the HST power cars that I used to build a cut and shut class 89 I sometime around 1989.

It is in RTC red and blue and as it is from Derby it runs on class 25 bogies, who knows what the RTC would have used it for? Perhaps one of their boffins has suitable ideas about possible purpose.

attachicon.gifDSCF0298.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0297.JPG

Gibbo.

As a slug unit?

Found It !

Gibbo.

I like it! I hope it runs well. Can we see it hauling coaches, please?

• Like 1

Found It !

Gibbo.

I LOVE it!  :good:

Just the sort of thing we'd have slung together from existing bits and pieces back then.

Perhaps as a 'Traction Test Unit'? We might have put it in a consist behind some poor unsuspecting loco or unit under test and run it in reverse to put extra load on the test loco.  :D  :D

• Like 2

s-l1600.jpg

Jamie

I was outbid. Its up to £21 plus £3.90 postage.  A once in a lunchtime opportunity to acquire something hopefully unique?

Found It !

Sensible suggestion: Sandwich it between a pair of inspection saloons.

Silly suggestion: Invent some test cars to run with it. Spline Defrobulation Car, Infinite Improbability Drive Car, Timey-Wimey Manipulation Car, Carbonite Freezing Car, Unobtanium Detection Car, etc.

Cheers

David