RMweb

'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Even the packaging for these looks mouth watering and quality.

H4-4F-101_202209151524_3525181_Qty1_BOX.jpg.166972a507b9f419411d875184e7869f.jpg

Looks like Hattons have been appropriately careful with the wording, making sure not to say that it is a GWR coach - stating instead that it is a "Genesis coach" and "in GWR chocolate and cream".  Fair enough.

Edited by Mikkel
To clarify.
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Mikkel said:

Looks like Hattons have been appropriately careful with the wording, making sure not to say that it is a GWR coach - stating instead that it is a "Genesis coach" and "in GWR chocolate and cream".  Fair enough.

And a good thing too - otherwise people might end up in a Land of Confusion, and end up In Too Deep. Still, I Know What I Like, and these I do like! I must pre-order a couple of those full brakes. I'll probably Keep It Dark though, rather than going for the lighting. 

With apologies to messrs. Collins, Rutherford, Banks et al. That's All with the bad jokes now!

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8

3 minutes ago, Skinnylinny said:

And a good thing too - otherwise people might end up in a Land of Confusion, and end up In Too Deep. Still, I Know What I Like, and these I do like! I must pre-order a couple of those full brakes. I'll probably Keep It Dark though, rather than going for the lighting. 

With apologies to messrs. Collins, Rutherford, Banks et al. That's All with the bad jokes now!

yes, very good, you must have got those jokes out to a timetable. Best to get em out by Friday I always feel. Anyway, Supper's Ready..... I blame my father, I'm only 41....

Moving swiftly on, and not wishing to call down the wrath of the purists, but all this makes me very keen to get my hand on the unlit 4-pack and full brake of LNWR I've got on order to give my Lucknow something nice to pull on an otherwise entirely early 1950s set-up. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Mikkel said:

But are they "inspired by" GWR coaches? ;-)

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

Is anyone who's got a Genesis coach going to Hackett about?

I had been considering putting one or two under The Knife, to make some freelance early bogie stock (for a layout set around the turn of the century), but I wondered if it might need Many Too Many, and I don't know what I'd do with the leftover chassis. I wouldn't want to end up Throwing it All Away

"This is an announcement for passengers in The Waiting Room. The train at platform two is the service to Seven Stones, which will be Calling All Stations."

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Skinnylinny said:

I had been considering putting one or two under The Knife, to make some freelance early bogie stock (for a layout set around the turn of the century), but I wondered if it might need Many Too Many, and I don't know what I'd do with the leftover chassis. I wouldn't want to end up Throwing it All Away

"This is an announcement for passengers in The Waiting Room. The train at platform two is the service to Seven Stones, which will be Calling All Stations."

Trains?

I'd rather Abacab

• Funny 2

16 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Suspect that it's simply (sensibly) due to costings - if it says Genesis coach then they can use it for all the other coaches too- considerably cheaper than multiple designs and, at a guess, with only the label on the end giving the code and actual model details.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, johnd said:

Roll on the LNWR versions I say 😊

I expect Hattons will use a description as with the "GWR" versions that it is Genesis coach in LNWR colours to avoid any complaints that it doesn't look like a real LNWR coach. I believe even that statement would be inaccurate as the colour of the lower panels shown in promo pictures doesn't look like the colour of the preserved coaches. But nor do the Hornby ones.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

My three GWR coaches have just arrived and I think they are exquisite. I am very pleased that I waited for them.  I have to admit that I chose the GWR coaches purely because I like the livery so much. 

Once it gets dark I will see what they look like with the lights on. 

There will be a lot of rule one trains running on my layout once it is finished. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

A sad day for me when a letter from Hatton’s dropped through my letter box on Wednesday. They could not fulfil my LNWR pack and full brake pre-order, made all those years ago. They could give me a 6 wheeler and 2 4 wheelers, only one of the three a brake. Been waiting for a half decent plum and white rake for years…. A quick call confirmed they could not improve on the offer. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
On 16/09/2022 at 11:54, Michael Hodgson said:

I wanted to see what this range looked like before committing to rakes of coaches. 

I'm not in the market for these but have been idly watching the thread. I wish all new releases got a nice balanced summary like this! 

• Like 2