Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

STOLEN GOODS

STOLEN GOODS

On SAT / SUN 24/25th April DC Kits in Leeds has had a large quantity of stock stolen, some item will be easy to spot if the turn up:

Some of the items are:

Hornby:

Grand Central DCC HST's,

Standard Class 4s R2714 & R2715,

lots of R2632, R2626, R2727 Patriots & R2728, R2729, R2630 Royal Scots,

lots of R2731 & R2732 Stanier Tanks,

over 60 assorted Class 31s, Class 50s, Class 73S, Class 56s, Class 153 (Northern & First NW),

lots of R4347A & B Maunsell Brakes, Sealions, Seacows, Sharks, Rudds, Clams & Royal Scotsman Sleeping Cars. Along with Hornby T9s, N15s, Rebuilt West Country/BB, Granges etc.

Also stolen were

C.Rail RTR containers,

Ratio kits and over 600 Oxford,

Corgie & Classics '00' 1:76 Scale Diecast cars, lorries & fire engines.

Along with this, missing are

Heljan Cargo Wagons (5106, 5107, 5108, 5105) Class 58s,

Dogfish (4095, 4096, 4097, 4098)

Class 47s,

O Gauge Class 20 Blue,

Class 35 Hymek repaints 1 Green full yellow & 1 BR Blue Weathered,

1 NEW untouched, Class 47 Stratford full alteration and repaint,

Class 37 Green repaint with ploughs,

8 X MK 1 Coaches (4902, 4912, 4922, 4942, 4932) and the easiest to spot are over

60 Murphy Models Cravens Coaches (1149, 1504, 1515) along with a quantity of Class 141 locos in Supertrain Livery (Orange & Black without white lining)And more (20+) Cravens coaches (1521, 1544, 1529 & Buffet Cars).

Also taken were stocks of DC Kits DMU's, EMU's Wickhams Trolleys, C.Rail Containers & Kits, Black Beetle & Bullant Motor Bogies.

The police have already recovered after a high speed chase, from a stolen car a large quantity of Heljan 00, Hornby & Oxford Diecast cars.

A REWARD IS BEING OFFERED FOR INFORMATION RECIEVED. Please contact Charlie Petty on 07969 256495 or West Yorkshire Police on 01132 395033 PC2481 Cope.

Thank you all in anticipation.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie,

Sorry to hear about the break-in. I posted your list on the Irish Railway Modelling message board. Hope you dont mind, all that Irish stock might be easier to spot by those guys who are specifically looking for it online or at swapmeets etc.

Cheers,

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear of the loss. Eyes on Ebay and other potential "fencing" sites here.

One of the great advantages of RMWeb is the membership, I will keep a look out on Ebay as I get quite a lot of railway bits and bobs off there.

Hope the stock is recovered soon.

Regards,

Nick

Same goes for me too Charlie, I remember this type of thing happening to someone down in the West Country several years ago, I don't know whether they nailed the culprits there. It may be a long shot and it may be a co-incidence but there may be a similar line of inquiry on comparison...it was mentioned in Railway Modeller...anyone else remember it?

Hope you get a result.

Best wishes...jules

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a violent man but when I hear stuff like that I just wanna spifflicate the little worms… at the very least! ;)

Well Charlie, I hope you get the best outcome possible from this horrid saga.

I'll keep me eyes peeled for anything suspicious!

• 4 weeks later...

Know any other big words?

What a constant waste of posting space and bandwidth, the purpose of which , is what? exactly..

It's to make sure the topic is kept near to the top of the list of active topics - and it's used quite often for this purpose.

Know any other big words?

What a constant waste of posting space and bandwidth, the purpose of which , is what? exactly..

As David has just explained the literal purpose for this I'd like to add Ceptic and Brinkly in particular have been acting in a positive community minded way to keep the issue in the public eye.

Rather than treat you to a Blackadderesque assessment of that input it may be appropriate suggest to you to proffer an apology.

Guest baldrick25

I'm sorry if that is the reason, but each time I look at new posts , go to the topic to see 'BUMP' with no explanation is more than very annoying- Post removed

Hi all.

Both guys have been arrested, one 15 years old, on his 8th offence!! He has got 4 month in jail and 4 month community service, the other one was 19, no further info on him yet!

According to the Police they thought it was funny, NO COMMENT to the question 'Where is the stolen goods'.

Thus currently the Police have filed the case until some goods or more info turns up.

The Heljan O Gauge was:

1 off Class 47 Railfreight Grey, added detail and Named Stratford with blue plates and a Sparrow logo.

1 off Class 37 Weathered Green.

1 off Class 37 Weathered Blue.

1 off Hymek BR Blue Full yellow front & windows (Broken Horn one end)

1 off Hymek BR Green. Fell yellow frons & windows (Weathered)

1 off Class 20 Green. As New.

7 off BR Blue/Grey livery. As New.

MURPHY MODELS 4mm '00' Gauge

Over 60 Cravens Coaches (Single White Line) Black & Tan livery. NEW

Over 15 Assorted 141/181 Locomotives in Supertrain Livery. NEW

These should be easyish to spot, any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks to all. Charlie

Under UK law, you can sue the perps for the cost to replace what they stole and get a CCJ against them. However, I suspect they are the type of scum who have no assets worth seizing. It's a poor show that the Police don't seem to be taking it all that seriously and find it 'funny' - little wonder that public faith in the Police and criminal justice system is low.

".........Under UK law, you can sue the perps for the cost to replace what they stole and get a CCJ against them. ....."

Somehow I don't think you'd get far trying to sue a 15 year old.

"......... It's a poor show that the Police don't seem to be taking it all that seriously and find it 'funny' - little wonder that public faith in the Police and criminal justice system is low......"

I think what Charlie was alluding to was that during interview the two suspects thought it funny when asked where the stolen goods went,NOT the police officers.

Charlies post implies to me that the suspects went 'no comment' when asked where the stolen property went. Very rarely will a thief give up his handler. I'd also expect that having arrested two suspects the officers conducted Sec.18 searches of their properties. Obviously the property is now long gone (sadly)

I have spent thirty years playing cat and mouse with (i) 'scroats' (ii) smart alec defence advocates, and (iii) an ineffective prosecution system, whilst trying to bring such anti-social elements to book, with at least one hand tied behind my back through either new pro-scroat legislation, policies and procedures and human rights dogma......... I can tell you, it isn't easy, it is no longer enjoyable.

Whereas once upon a time the police decided who they would charge with an offence, that luxury was removed by the previous government who forced 'statuory charging' and 'CPS Direct' upon the forces of law and order.

The CPS are now judged by their success rate(s) eg the number of successful prosecutions and/or guilty pleas at court. So, whereas in years gone by the police would "give it a run in court" and "let the magistrates decide" NOW a CPS lawyer has to be consulted before any such charging decision is made, and any case with the slightest glimmer of an acquittal and which previously would have ended up in court is now 'killed stone dead' by the CPS lawyer who will not authorise a charge BUT will require the officer to perform just as many enquiries to 'negate' the charge as would have been required to 'prove it in court' - and all to massage the CPS results.

Believe it or not coppers want to arrest villains, and put them behind bars, but unfortunately a conspiracy by government, the Home Office, ACPO and woolly liberals believe there are other alternatives....... if the 15 year old above has been arrested, even charged on 8 occasions, you can double that before a youth court will even give a milli-seconds thought to imposing a custodial sentence, by which time it's too late, he's been banged up to protect society NOT to rehabilitate him .... which would be a lost cause anyway.

And in all this, victims such as Charlie become more and more disillusioned.

Brian R

Can the parents of the one who is 15 not be sued, as he is still legally their responsibility? Though I have a sneaky suspicion (and excuse me if my stereotyping is wrong, but I doubt it is) that the parents are from the same mold.

<soapbox>

Personally I would like to see the following changes in the law to discourage crime:

Consecutive sentensing. The current system seems to reward multiple crimes - what punishment is it serving multiple sentences at the same time? Do one crime, get one free.

Three strikes and you're out. Automatic life sentence for the third offence. Don't care what the offence is; clearly the offender wasn't paying attention after the first two prosecutions so needs a real shock.

Given that something rediculous like 95% of all crime is commited by 5% of the criminals (ie: repeat offenders) I see no risk of increasing the prison population by banging these scrotes up for longer. If they are inside, they can't be outside doing more crime. I get the impression from what I read in the media that some repeat offenders are in and out of prison so often that they might as well have the place as their home address. Surely just leaving them in, in these cases saves society a lot of money and grief?

</soapbox>

• RMweb Premium

Believe it or not coppers want to arrest villains, and put them behind bars, but unfortunately a conspiracy by government, the Home Office, ACPO and woolly liberals believe there are other alternatives....... if the 15 year old above has been arrested, even charged on 8 occasions, you can double that before a youth court will even give a milli-seconds thought to imposing a custodial sentence, by which time it's too late, he's been banged up to protect society NOT to rehabilitate him .... which would be a lost cause anyway.

And in all this, victims such as Charlie become more and more disillusioned.

Brian R

Hi

Not directly related but we had cause to speak to the local police recently as someone had smashed up my sons car whilst we were away. A week later we had a note through the door from a woman explaining that she thought it might have been her son and a friend as her son had confessed. She had left her phone number and christian name asking us to ring. My wife spoke to her and when she found out the extent of the damage then back pedalled.

We gave the information to the police including her phone number and got the comment back you haven't given us anything new. I'm sorry but a phone number and name are surely something that should have been followed up. Doesn't really us any confidence in the local police.

Cheers

Paul

Despite the warning it seems that we are now wondering into general police knocking so this thread will be closed - if the OP wants to add further information then please PM any of the admin team and we can open it for your comments.

Archived