Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

UFOs - Is anybody out there?

Ohmisterporter

ive heard many stories on youtube (so no proof of validity) that if you drive down some out in the middle of nowhere dirt roads, anywhere near area 51, you will be followed around by black SUV's and watched by snipers on ridges

Edited by sir douglas
typo

1 minute ago, sir douglas said:

ive heard m,amy stories on youtube (so no proof of validity) that if you drive down some out in the middle of nowhere dirt roads, anywhere near area 51, you will be followed around by black SUV's and watched by snipers on ridges

Quite true I think.  There are shows on History Channel that document people doing that.

John

1 hour ago, brossard said:

Well, the dinosaurs were dominant for more than 200 M years yet they never built a bridge or a Wankel rotary engine.  HS is the one changing the planet and not necessarily for the better.  Other organisms are along for the ride it seems to me.

To your last point that is extremely controversial and probably breaks forum rules.  I will say that if you want to follow up on that you should read Zecharia Sitchen's "12th Planet".  It is the first of the 7 volume "Earth Chronicles" set.  Another book in the same vein is Alan Alford's "Gods of the New Millenium".  A third example of the genre is Mike Tellinger's "Slave Species of the Gods".   Whether or not you accept the claims in these books they are fascinating and do make you think.

John

Maybe we arrived on the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs - that looks like a typical human method of arriving in a new land - trash the locals and then claim it as your own from all time (which fits the Bible built in 7 days story).

Interesting we can both mention Wankel engines and get away with it, but H*mo Erectus is not allowed.

I do find ancient civilisations interesting because there is so much mystery and supposition about them.

Edited by woodenhead
Had to reinsert h*mo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

I do find ancient civilisations interesting because there is so much mystery and supposition about them.

Next to trains, ancient civilizations are my other passion.

John

36 minutes ago, brossard said:

Quite true I think.  There are shows on History Channel that document people doing that.

John

Well I would say they are rubbish snipers if the camera crews can spot them, and how many hired SUVs are black.

Regardless of aliens, Area 51 is a classified strip of land for the US military, what else do people expect when they go snooping around - first they test experimental aircraft and technologies and second idiots could get hurt if they get too close to stuff they shouldn't be messing with or they are spies and need to be stopped.

• Agree 5

7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Well I would say they are rubbish snipers if the camera crews can spot them, and how many hired SUVs are black.

Regardless of aliens, Area 51 is a classified strip of land for the US military, what else do people expect when they go snooping around - first they test experimental aircraft and technologies and second idiots could get hurt if they get too close to stuff they shouldn't be messing with or they are spies and need to be stopped.

There are signs around the perimeter that say "the use of deadly force is authorised".  The thing that attracts UFO enthusiasts is the possibility that Area 51 could be the source of UFOs in the form of advanced aircraft programs.

John

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sir douglas said:

ive heard many stories on youtube (so no proof of validity) that if you drive down some out in the middle of nowhere dirt roads, anywhere near area 51, you will be followed around by black SUV's and watched by snipers on ridges

Camo Dudes - White / cream pick ups. Don't mess with them, British Bobbies they are not !!

https://www.area51.org/area-51-camo-dudes/

Never been here but I have drove across Death Valley , a hot, quiet eerie place. Stay on the black top (highway) said the sign, so that is what we did !! Saw no aliens though.

Brit15

• Like 2

I think the US Navy is right to be concerned about UFOs buzzing their ships.  UFO safety record is pretty abysmal given the dozens if not hundreds of crashes that are on record, Roswell being the most famous.

John

• Funny 2

38 minutes ago, brossard said:

There are signs around the perimeter that say "the use of deadly force is authorised".  The thing that attracts UFO enthusiasts is the possibility that Area 51 could be the source of UFOs in the form of advanced aircraft programs.

John

And if they do have them, you can bet your bottom dollar they aint in Area 51 - "Everybody look over here", alien craft darts behind them!

It's an advanced testing facility dealing with black budget projects, it's going to have a lot of security and because they want to keep people as far away as possible they threaten deadly force.

4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Your Adam and Eve reference is interesting, it's been made into a film at least once.  But you could imagine a single alien crashing to Earth, finding it habitable and it having technology sufficient to copy itself.  However, that wouldn't explain evolution of the human species unless said alien spliced it's genes with the existing H*mo species to make H*mo Erectus and kickstarting the human race.

Well, it might if the alien had some form of carnal relations with the existing species. 

In fact that might go a long way to explaining why we share 90+% of our DNA with many of the ape species on earth, but not all of it. 

But, just over 100 years ago there were press reports of 9ft+ tall skeletons discovered in parts of California. 

https://greaterancestors.com/forteen-nine-foot-skeletons/

No one seems to have come up with a satisfactory explanation of why the humans were so tall? 

On the subject of the pyramids, there are some dimensions of the structures which would lead an unbiased scientist to assume they had 'outside' help. Is it not true that the pyramids point to where the Pleiades would have been in the sky when the construction took place? Old manuscripts/stone tablets from thousands of years ago have also been said to indicate the Pleiades as the origin of people from the skies. 

https://www.historydisclosure.com/great-pyramid-giza-immense-size-mysterious-precision-dimensions/

https://mynzahosiris.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/the-pleiades-and-ancient-civilizations-article/

42 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

On the subject of the pyramids, there are some dimensions of the structures which would lead an unbiased scientist to assume they had 'outside' help. Is it not true that the pyramids point to where the Pleiades would have been in the sky when the construction took place? Old manuscripts/stone tablets from thousands of years ago have also been said to indicate the Pleiades as the origin of people from the skies. 

https://www.historydisclosure.com/great-pyramid-giza-immense-size-mysterious-precision-dimensions/

https://mynzahosiris.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/the-pleiades-and-ancient-civilizations-article/

Actually, if you take an aerial view of the pyramids, they mimic Orion's belt very closely, but not exactly.  Robert Bauval used a program that runs the Earth's precession backwards to find the point in time when the Pyramid layout exactly aligned with Orion's belt - he got around 10,000 BCE, which would be just after the great flood.

John

• Like 1

i cant remember where exactly but there a few places out in the desert on google maps which looks like the satellite photography has been doctored to just look like plain un touched ground, something about it doesnt look natural as if it is hiding something

There are a few places in Nevada where it looks as though a different desert area has been pasted over the aerial photo. 

e.g.   https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1218082,-117.420363,24116m/data=!3m1!1e3

(I should have added - zoom out a little from that photo and the pasted area vanishes). 

Mind you, UK Ordnance Survey maps never had any detail of secret defence establishments. Roads just ended in the middle of nowhere, and internal railway systems were not shown at all. 

I only discovered this when driving regularly on a motorway to work, when one day a train of VDA (or equivalent) vans was parked on a bridge as I passed under. I thought at the time that I had no idea there was a railway there, and when I looked on my OS map of the area there was no railway there. 

Not surprising, really; as they don't want any inquisitive people poking their noses into military affairs. 

Edited by jonny777
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, brossard said:

Wow, quite a discussion going on.  The cat really did get thrown among the pigeons.

The verse in Genesis about Adam's rib being used to create Eve bothered me when I was in my teens and it occurred to me then that genetic engineering might have been at play.  It is interesting to note that the word for rib in the original text language is "Ti".  As in English though, there are are words in the language that are spelled the same but have different meanings depending on context.  An alternate meaning for "Ti" is "that which gives life".

As to the emergence of H*mo Sapiens, this also fascinates me.  The conventional wisdom is that HS evolved from earlier hominids.  H*mo Habilis from 6M years ago and H*mo Erectus from 2M years.  The thing about these species is that in the intervening 4M years not a lot changed and in particular their brains stayed 2/3 the size of HS.

It is now known that HS dates back 300,000 years.

Another interesting thing is that a couple of years I watched  a Nova episode that followed a team from Witwatersrand U as it recovered hominid remains from a deep cave in S. Africa.  These hominids did have arms that resembled HS but their brains were still 2/3 the size of HS.  The punch line came at the end of the episode where it said that the remains were dated to 300,000 years.

So, how can HS and HS hominid ancestors both exist at the same time?  Alas I am not trained in the field so I really can't say.  Something to think about.

In a mere 300,000 years HS has transformed the planet which is pretty amazing.  All this is down to our brains.  HS is also the dominant species on Earth.  This breaks the rules of natural selection which says that evolution improves the survivability of a species but never makes it dominant.

John

I'm laughing to myself because there is a filter on H*mo.

Hi John,

With regard the Sumarian word Ti are you aware that there is a version of Strong's Concordance online that will assist with translations and mistranslations from the various ancient languages used in various texts.

My main take from the big book of mostly physics/astrological related discussion pieces is that it does help when reading it to subjectify the content because to objectify the content is to relate all that is in it to the material world thereby missing the point of almost the whole set of books contained within the volume. This is why the scientific approach does not and cannot ever work when dealing in such matters.

While on the subject of Adams rib, and not the actual object, you may note that Humans are a carbon based life form, should you look at Mendeleyev's periodic table of elements the element directly below carbon is silicon. It might be said that the internet and all of the computers connected to it have a degree of sentience that is not quite as developed as human conscience and yet with considerable greater capacity for calculation.

Could it be then that the less dense the form of crystal that is tuned to the frequency of ones conscience then the the further from the objective ones soul becomes unlike computer based AI which may or may not have any connection to what may be described as a should and yet may be seen a sentient through its computational ability especially in its predictive abilities. The representative archetype of the robot in the Wizard of Oz was The Tin Man and he had no soul.

Gibbo.

Hey Gibbo.  I couldn't remember if "Ti" was Sumerian, Hebrew or Akkadian or something else.  I didn't know about the Concordance thing.  I get my info from reading heretical books by the likes of Sitchen, Hancock, Bauval etc.  I don't think egyptologists and archeologists have necessarily got the plot right so divergent theories are interesting to me.

I believe that everything that has ever happened on Earth and indeed in the universe conforms to the laws of physics.  These are a constant throughout this universe (other universes may have other laws).  I don't accept that miracles or magic happens.  Everything has an explanation.

As to computers becoming sentient, that is outside my wheelhouse for now.  I'm kind of a luddite and don't even use a phone.  As AI becomes more powerful, it is a scary prospect (thinking of Terminator movies).

John

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, sir douglas said:

Rubbish,

not even 2 pages back did I post photographs of my own trip to Area 51..

(At the time I was an ex-pat software developer in the dotcom boom in SF, and weekends like this with visiting friends from uni was kind of routine, especially when your mates have no concept of the US’s size and wonder why I laughed at thought of driving to New York for a night out, but being young and stupid 12 hour marathons in relay meant we covered insane distances on my weekends off work)

from our experience..

Nothing followed us on our trip.

We even took pictures right at the perimeter entry to Area 51.. no gates, no fences, no high wire, no guards, just warning signs saying do not pass, several radiation reflectors warning of colour change and risk, and a clearly parked but visible (but probably empty) service vehicle.

This is the entry to Area-51…

26FBB9BA-F0B7-418E-A79F-C25639E2F8C5.jpeg.4176924dcaa344fac93233201c801b57.jpeg

We left our vehicle and posed with an inflatable bottle of brown ale, (we’d taken this thing on 2 years of adventures), which we then forgot, left behind and after 5 minutes we went back to collect it.. yes kids on a day trip… (this was us)…right at the entrance…

7E76B91D-B01B-481D-A447-0764AD6B1146.jpeg.67a1c5c087b4c7eb29cf3e3d46f69468.jpeg

I should add, when I say there is nothing out there, I mean for 150 miles in all directions, it looks like this..

AB6CC938-CF14-46FC-8BC4-8FA3B19E1DF6.jpeg.18cf741d6e8adacffe64f3346a4037c9.jpeg

DB066ED9-1DBA-46B6-8E57-44E2A49FCB5D.jpeg.69d8ba620e05508c1bdb6991c1d57117.jpeg

As you leave the freeway in Las Vegas there is a warning sign, saying no gas for circa 200 miles, its c400 miles to Reno, around 30 miles in the road splits..

1D0A39CB-2944-4E30-9EF0-6868C9AD4F3A.jpeg.95c6e1e34a427f3c4b5d83f1e8aafd60.jpeg

Then you get to the ET Highway…

DAC692AC-54A5-4A34-A851-21A3F4DBD178.jpeg.85e777573a403eb60a850eb806582c4f.jpeg

No one follows you because..

Theres no other roads

No other houses

no other towns..

no other people

Road signs warn of speeding being tracked by radar aircraft.

You cannot cross from Yosemite, as most times of the year the road is impassable to poor terrain..we tried.. (very much worth visiting Yosemite).

775CAA1B-7423-4CCB-872F-D4C06A1F9468.jpeg.5ca04db76e268129d3a1c402c7f5d473.jpeg

We drove 1000 miles between Friday and Monday in a brand new Pontiac sunfire, from SF to Yosemite, down to Fresno, across to Vegas.. partied friday night, drove up to Area 51 and back in saturday daytime, partied Vegas saturday/sunday and drove back overnight in relay between us so I was back in office 8am monday.

Great memories.. but there is nothing out there…

I clearly remember the instructions about driving up I-93 to 375 (ET Highway) after c140 miles, when you reach the red mailbox*, turn left… and follow the dirt track. We saw that mailbox from 2 miles away as it was the only human made structure we saw out there for what seemed like 2 hours… 

Afterwards we drove 30 odd miles north to the nearest settlement, Rachel, NV The one “village” is a gas station mentioned above, shop, museum..and a half dozen houses..

in the entire 4-6 hour adventure, on the 375 we probably saw less than a dozen other vehicles on that road, mostly trucks heading direct north-south.

if you dont believe me, take a look at Google maps… the directions from vegas ive listed above…

* in 1999 it was red, looking at Google maps tonight today its black, and searchable on google maps… in 1999 there was no google, it was yahoo, pagers not mobiles and very poor / limited knowledge on the internet.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

10 hours ago, brossard said:

Well, the dinosaurs were dominant for more than 200 M years yet they never built a bridge or a Wankel rotary engine.  HS is the one changing the planet and not necessarily for the better.  Other organisms are along for the ride it seems to me.

To your last point that is extremely controversial and probably breaks forum rules.  I will say that if you want to follow up on that you should read Zecharia Sitchen's "12th Planet".  It is the first of the 7 volume "Earth Chronicles" set.  Another book in the same vein is Alan Alford's "Gods of the New Millenium".  A third example of the genre is Mike Tellinger's "Slave Species of the Gods".   Whether or not you accept the claims in these books they are fascinating and do make you think.

John

Utter shameless. 

I’m childishly laughing to myself as there’s no filter on Wankel. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Reorte said:

That's because you're not persuasive that they're relevant, meaningful questions. Steel's completely irrelevant to this discussion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Horseman#Thunder_Stone

Interesting link. Whilst I think it's unlikely that "The Ancients" would have made and used ball bearings, I do consider it entirely plausible that, given a source of suitable material, large objects could have been moved on a thin bed of pea gravel (hence my comment on ancient undertanding of friction and lubrication) and/or finely ground mud.

13 hours ago, jonny777 said:

I don't know if ghosts are aliens playing tricks, but I don't believe sound recordist Peter Handford was prone to making up stories. 

file.php?id=11273&mode=view

My guess would be the evening shift guy who, for reasons of his own, didn't want to go home immediately on knock off and, instead, preferred to sit watching the trains go by for a while, presumably without his supervisors' knowledge.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PatB said:

Interesting link. Whilst I think it's unlikely that "The Ancients" would have made and used ball bearings, I do consider it entirely plausible that, given a source of suitable material, large objects could have been moved on a thin bed of pea gravel (hence my comment on ancient undertanding of friction and lubrication) and/or finely ground mud.

C4B175EA-A7C3-4186-A15B-69651A5F0FAD.gif.726681478ca719bdc91fdd91216e49d5.gif

8 hours ago, brossard said:

Hey Gibbo.  I couldn't remember if "Ti" was Sumerian, Hebrew or Akkadian or something else.  I didn't know about the Concordance thing.  I get my info from reading heretical books by the likes of Sitchen, Hancock, Bauval etc.  I don't think egyptologists and archeologists have necessarily got the plot right so divergent theories are interesting to me.

I believe that everything that has ever happened on Earth and indeed in the universe conforms to the laws of physics.  These are a constant throughout this universe (other universes may have other laws).  I don't accept that miracles or magic happens.  Everything has an explanation.

As to computers becoming sentient, that is outside my wheelhouse for now.  I'm kind of a luddite and don't even use a phone.  As AI becomes more powerful, it is a scary prospect (thinking of Terminator movies).

John

Hi John,

Your thoughts are part of this universe and may at times pass from the subjective conscious to represent in the objective third dimensional material realm, however they are not subject to the laws of physics. For instance, what is the speed of thought ?

Do have a look at what my thread is called, that gives you a clue to how it all works on a micro scale, the macro scale requires all of us to imagine our futures, this is currently being dealt with in a rather strange way, however that is another discussion.

As for computers I always get one with a matt finish screen, yet another discussion.

Gibbo.

9 hours ago, brossard said:

John

But, is that true? Do electrons or neutrinos truly obey the laws of physics? 

What about the centre of a black hole? Can anything obey the laws of physics in there? 

Dark matter and dark energy? If we ever find out what they are, who knows if they will be obeying our current physics laws? We had to invent dark matter/energy precisely because our laws did not equate with some of what we could see in the universe. 

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, sir douglas said:

i cant remember where exactly but there a few places out in the desert on google maps which looks like the satellite photography has been doctored to just look like plain un touched ground, something about it doesnt look natural as if it is hiding something

There are numerous places on Google Earth and the rest which are blurred or replaced with similar blank areas, nothing sinister just keeping targets to a minimum ;)

Odd one is in Spain at San Javier air base the military section is blurred but you can walk through it in foot :lol: