Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

Assuming it's one of ours, its in the loco manual under the DCC functions chart,

Well it wasn't. The loco I bought is a DCC ready version from Rails (wasn't a sound version available), the decoder I purchased from you. Normally it should be with the decoder I assume as it is a decoder with a customised sound file on it. 

Anyhow - Sulzer71 has solved the problem. 

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Well it wasn't. The loco I bought is a DCC ready version from Rails (wasn't a sound version available), the decoder I purchased from you. Normally it should be with the decoder I assume as it is a decoder with a customised sound file on it. 

Anyhow - Sulzer71 has solved the problem. 

The Manuals are common to all versions, in the packaging with your loco is a card with all the functions.

Loving my 37027 and eagerly awaiting 37043 for my Millburn 1980s Scottish layout. I first saw 37027 on Eastfield in the mid 1980s but it had lost the white stripe by then. The stripe will stay as it adds some character to the loco. 
plucking up the courage to start the weathering process. It is in the queue behind a Class 26 and a SPT Class 107 DMU.

The large box is very good and I especially like the Driver’s handbook with coffee mug stains on the back. Just noticed the EE advert which shows a Class 40. Is that a subtle hint of what is to come…?

• Like 4

Ive just taken delivery of my 027 and all I can say is wow. Outstanding. The info booklet as  BR operating manual is a nice touch.  Has anyone attempted to fit the detailing bits yet? Doesnt say in the instructions how to fit the ploughs. 

Edited by Tiddles47
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

Ive just taken delivery of my 027 and all I can say is wow. Outstanding. The info booklet as  BR operating manual is a nice touch.  Has anyone attempted to fit the detailing bits yet? Doesnt say in the instructions how to fit the ploughs. 

Not attempted the detailing yet as I need to order some Kadee's , fitted crews in both cabs though on mine and they look superb!

IMG_20230615_220215_764.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

Hi Tiddles47,

Handy guide here with more for our locos on the website too.

image(80).png.e2c053f0c17b72bc4ad2f22a29eede08.png

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

37026 Shapfell arrived by post this morning. It is clearly an excellent model, but unfortunately the front windscreens on both ends are loose inside the cab.

I suspect it is a very simple fix  and wouldn't normally hesitate to pop the body off to fit a decoder, but unnecessary on an Accurascale 37.

So to take the body off or return by post with all the fuss that entails?

Any advice?

And is it a common fault?

Andy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fordbank said:

37026 Shapfell arrived by post this morning. It is clearly an excellent model, but unfortunately the front windscreens on both ends are loose inside the cab.

I suspect it is a very simple fix  and wouldn't normally hesitate to pop the body off to fit a decoder, but unnecessary on an Accurascale 37.

So to take the body off or return by post with all the fuss that entails?

Any advice?

And is it a common fault?

Andy

The body is very easily removable , may be worth investigating the repair yourself 

Edited by sulzer71

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

Doesnt say in the instructions how to fit the ploughs. 

Those shown in Fran's drawing are the ploughs for display. If you want to keep your tension lock coupling (who doesn't want to run a train) you need the other one - made with all 3 ploughs in one piece. Foe me easiest to fit them is to take out the coupling from the nem pocket and then put it back with the plough clipped on. Means the plough will then follow the movements of the coupling - which isn't what the real one does, but it is hard to see. Quite like the solution. 

3 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

Those shown in Fran's drawing are the ploughs for display. If you want to keep your tension lock coupling (who doesn't want to run a train) you need the other one - made with all 3 ploughs in one piece. Foe me easiest to fit them is to take out the coupling from the nem pocket and then put it back with the plough clipped on. Means the plough will then follow the movements of the coupling - which isn't what the real one does, but it is hard to see. Quite like the solution. 

I'm guessing what you mean is just the centre one moves? If so then this may be the way I go about it if I can use it with a Kadee

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, scots region said:

So ‘Loch Ell’ was dropped off by the postie curtesy of Rails of Sheffield. I saw the warning for the running switches and thought I’d just make sure, popped off the roof and…

IMG_1159.jpeg.d8d77044bc61eaf2bfe2c97096e1c464.jpeg

Have I been sent a sound version by accident, or do I just not know what a blanking plate looks like? 

Looks like two of the roof retaining magnets have detached from the body and are still mated to the matching roof magnet.

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, McC said:

The Manuals are common to all versions, in the packaging with your loco is a card with all the functions.

My DCC ready Carl Havilland didn't come with the card. Luckily I have a sound fitted Spirit of the Lakes which does have the card. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

111 would have a welded roof panel not riveted like 051

Thanks very much for the reply. Still learning and all that as I was only a youngster when seeing this stuff in that era.

Having looked around on Flickr I can only find 037 as the other Motherwell RF Metals machine with the headlight - albeit it doesn't seem to have got the ML diamond hammer plaque. 

Do you have any insight on 037?

It's a minefield this business!

There must be an encyclopedia on it somewhere!

• Like 1