Class 37, by Accurascale

Whilst some have mentioned spares, a set of doors, or plated over panel, with and without standard headlights would be a good addition.

I want my 026 in 95/96 condition with the newer style headlight so am hoping with time, an easy swap of the doors may be something that is offered as a spare.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 16/06/2023 at 07:38, McC said:

For those citing ESU identity issues, a firmware / update will be forthcoming from ESU which will update the controller to identify the small

component changes necessitated by the various shortages of the last year. 

I presume that the latest LokProgrammer software should do this too? I thought I was on the latest but maybe not 🤷‍♂️

37027 Loch Eil which I ordered around the same time as starting the layout. Every step forward I’ve been looking forward to this moment. Not had chance all week to have a proper long running session. Kadee couplings fitted and sit at the right height so very impressed with that. But how do you fit the snowploughs? My eyesight is worse than I thought! I want to fit the ones that allow the coupling to be used as my locos run round and return. If anyone has fitted these please can you point me in the right direction? Thanks also to the kind soul who earlier in the week explained how to use my prodigy advanced, I really should read the instructions 🤣

D84029E2-4059-434B-B005-F89E44563033.jpeg.6c829def54c936805731e163a514d951.jpeg

EE9AC850-B4A1-428A-89DA-681FE7955099.jpeg.8f8feca4fd1b50783a7b1dbc4a63bf76.jpeg

• Like 16

Nipped up to the loft this evening to give Loch Eil a run. B***!! Awesome! Had to open the window to let the sound out. Will take it down the club next week and literally blow everything out of the water! Detail is amazing! Would have waited another year for this. We'll, maybe not. Hats off to Accurascale! They have delivered.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

The part with all 3 snowploughs on it is clipped over the bar which goes into the NEM pocket. For me it helped to take the coupling half out, clip it on, and push the coupling back into it's seat. But I have to say that one of the snowploughs came already off, so if you want to be sure not to lose it in a tunnel or other odd place of your layout - use a tiny drop of glue. 

52980819002_7397124e5f_z.jpgIMG20230617205346 

52981575054_2d0bd0af79_z.jpgIMG20230617205407 

Hope this helps. 

By the way - also I plan to change to Kadees, which length did you use? Type 362?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

43 minutes ago, Vecchio said:

The part with all 3 snowploughs on it is clipped over the bar which goes into the NEM pocket. For me it helped to take the coupling half out, clip it on, and push the coupling back into it's seat. But I have to say that one of the snowploughs came already off, so if you want to be sure not to lose it in a tunnel or other odd place of your layout - use a tiny drop of glue. 

Hope this helps. 

By the way - also I plan to change to Kadees, which length did you use? Type 362?

Thank you 🙏 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As they are sitting on the bar which goes into the NEM pocket I am sure they will work also with a Kadee coupler. 

I will report how it works when the couplings arrive. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Vecchio said:

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the helpful information. Does the plough assembly stay with the bufferbeam or turn with the coupling? I have radius 3 curves off scene and I think I read this was ok. 
I use Kadee #19 on my locos and #20 on my Bachmann mk1s 

• RMweb Premium

The ploughs turn with the couplings. I had the loco running on a Roco no4 test track (which is approximately the same as the British no 3) and it had no problems. On the scenic part of your layout the radius will be wider anyway I suppose. 

Thanks for your hint, will purchase some no 19 Kadees for the loco tomorrow. (closest high street shop is now 13 miles away... AGR in Leighton Buzzard - good shop)

Small correction - AGR is not open on Mondays and Tuesday I am on a business trip, may take a couple of days to get the coupling....

Edited by Vecchio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 16/06/2023 at 21:21, nightstar.train said:

My DCC ready Carl Havilland didn't come with the card. Luckily I have a sound fitted Spirit of the Lakes which does have the card. 

I got 419, 423 and 425 DCC ready - none of them came with the sound instructions. However both my class 92s did. I’m guessing they were supposed to be included with the 37s too but weren’t. I just downloaded the instructions from the Accurascale website 

On 17/06/2023 at 20:16, mallaig1983 said:

37027 Loch Eil which I ordered around the same time as starting the layout. Every step forward I’ve been looking forward to this moment. Not had chance all week to have a proper long running session. Kadee couplings fitted and sit at the right height so very impressed with that. But how do you fit the snowploughs? My eyesight is worse than I thought! I want to fit the ones that allow the coupling to be used as my locos run round and return. If anyone has fitted these please can you point me in the right direction? Thanks also to the kind soul who earlier in the week explained how to use my prodigy advanced, I really should read the instructions 🤣

D84029E2-4059-434B-B005-F89E44563033.jpeg.6c829def54c936805731e163a514d951.jpeg

EE9AC850-B4A1-428A-89DA-681FE7955099.jpeg.8f8feca4fd1b50783a7b1dbc4a63bf76.jpeg

You are welcome 😊

• Thanks 1

Hello all!

I'm positive this question will have been asked already but as I'm new to the thread, I don't fancy going through over 200 pages of messages to see if it has been answered...

Would I be correct in assuming the loco is easily convertible to EM gauge? 

Initially I could cope with OO but eventually, I'd like to build a depot using EM gauge track.

Cheers,

Michael

31 minutes ago, Michanglais said:

Hello all!

I'm positive this question will have been asked already but as I'm new to the thread, I don't fancy going through over 200 pages of messages to see if it has been answered...

Initially I could cope with OO but eventually, I'd like to build a depot using EM gauge track.

Cheers,

Michael

Not that I have done the conversion but I believe it is. Do Accurascale even supply the axles or am I confusing this with another manufacturer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michanglais said:

Hello all!

Cheers,

Michael

Accurascale supply the drop in EM gauge wheelsets

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Michanglais said:

Hello all!

Cheers,

Michael

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/wheelsets/products/class-37-em-18-2mm-gauge-drop-in-wheel-sets :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/06/2023 at 23:27, McC said:

We have it, in a filing cabinet. 

.....Destined for release in production run number 37,037?  (May take a while!) 

May be quicker to renumber 37051!Actually on this point, pre Deltic release, Accurascale did a YouTube video on Deltic number removal.  I am just wondering how easy number removal, and possibly other embellishments such as Names and Depot Plaques are to remove on the Class 37?  I suppose the ultimate test, is how easy Large Logo numbers are to change.  Then of course its ensuring that the locomotives in question are compatible by sharing the correct details. 

• Like 1

On 16/06/2023 at 23:58, Carl BR said:

I got to run my sound fitted 37026 on the club layout tonight and discovered something a bit odd with driving at low speed for the likes of coupling up. With sound on the loco won't start moving until I get up to speed step 3 on the controller and then have to back down to speed step 1 to have it just crawl but with sound off it will start to crawl at speed step 1 straight away. No need to go up to step 3 first.

Can someone else try this to see if it's the same and not just my loco being daft.

We are using the Lenz set 200 with LH101 hand sets on Euxton Junction.

Carl

Or is it due to the extra power taken by Accurathrash speakers.  The other reason that comes to mind is that Graeth didn't want a too quiet Class 37!

3 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Quiet and 37 dont go together,as a kid when the ore trains ran past the chippy back door in Leadgate main street you felt the earth move and the fish jumped out the fryer.

As an angler that is cruel not killing the fish before frying them! 😂

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Quiet and 37 dont go together,as a kid when the ore trains ran past the chippy back door in Leadgate main street you felt the earth move and the fish jumped out the fryer.

Yes the modern silenced locos just aren’t the same. Class 68s sound the best of the bunch to these ears.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

.....Destined for release in production run number 37,037?  (May take a while!) 

May be quicker to renumber 37051!Actually on this point, pre Deltic release, Accurascale did a YouTube video on Deltic number removal.  I am just wondering how easy number removal, and possibly other embellishments such as Names and Depot Plaques are to remove on the Class 37?  I suppose the ultimate test, is how easy Large Logo numbers are to change.  Then of course its ensuring that the locomotives in question are compatible by sharing the correct details. 

Yeah 037 is my target if I can get hold of another 051. Those Motherwell machines are beasts to go on the ore trains and they have a bit of variety with names and liveries in that pool.

It would need the depot plaques removed.

15 minutes ago, Growling said:

Yeah 037 is my target if I can get hold of another 051. Those Motherwell machines are beasts to go on the ore trains and they have a bit of variety with names and liveries in that pool.

It would need the depot plaques removed.

Depending on how fussy you are 051 has the single rivetted roof whereas 037 has the double , having looked at my 027 with double rivets I very much doubt it would be noticeable

• Thanks 1