Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

And I have been at it again with the LokProgrammer. This time, it is with a Legomanbiffo sound project intended for 37 026 when it arrives in the near future. I used 37 423 as the mule to reblow the blank ESU decoder I had for this project, so was able to test it out with the full Accurascale speaker setup. I think it is his West Highland file, and it does sound very good, but I found the lighting functions were all different from the Accurascale, and different to what I had modified on 37 423 the bring some of the functions into line with other locos on my layout (it makes it much easier to remember without having to dig out the function lists).

Because the changes were a major rearrangement, to avoid confusion during the operation I created a spreadsheet with the existing functions listed and an extra column showing the intended function number after swapping it all around. I still had to be extra careful where multiple functions were involved for particular conditions, but I think it has worked overall. I also put the brake function on F2, again to bring it into line with 37 423 (amongst others), which meant reassigning the horns to F3 and F4, which meant reassigning the coupling sounds from F4 to F14 ... you get the gist! F11 had to be the flange squeal, again to bring it into line with 37 423. 

Just in case it all went wrong, I did the belt and braces solution of saving the modified file under a different name as well as keeping a full reset in reserve. Thankfully, I don't think that will be necessary.

I haven't even looked at the Jamie Goodman file I have for 37 609 when that arrives. I have been making the rod for my own back, but I think it is all worth it in the long term, plus it has kept me on my toes, mentally.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have recently added 37051 which was a DCC ready that I’ve upgraded to DCC sound via Accurascale recent release of sound chips.

I went for refurbished but now think it might need to be unrefubished. 

Was 051 refurbished or have I made the mistake of getting the wrong chip. 

33 minutes ago, 50033 said:

I have recently added 37051 which was a DCC ready that I’ve upgraded to DCC sound via Accurascale recent release of sound chips.

I went for refurbished but now think it might need to be unrefubished. 

Was 051 refurbished or have I made the mistake of getting the wrong chip. 

It wasn't , so i think you have wrong noise .

Refurbs were 37/5, /6, /7/8 i'm not sure if the /4s also made the refurb noise after rebuild as /4s

Edited by rob D2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, XChris said:

My final 4 from the first batch should be with me soon then!! Hope I can try sneak a 97301 when they are done sending out the pre orders!

Ditto re 97301. I guess there will be a rather long queue. Perhaps it will get another production run, or ano Network Rail Liveried 37.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, rob D2 said:

It wasn't , so i think you have wrong noise .

Refurbs were 37/5, /6, /7/8 i'm not sure if the /4s also made the refurb noise after rebuild as /4s

Yes they did as the English electric generator was replaced by a Brush BA1005A alternator. The starter motor and warm up are different on the refurb. The amps also load up differently to a 37/0. 37/3 .

It all depends just how good your hearing is though , as bar the start up I think you’d really have to have an acute sense of hearing to be able to tell instantly in model form. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, reddragon said:

What has happened to 37001? Was supposed to be in batch 1, are there any updates on this one?

Maybe I picked the longest wait one to order 🤔

I believe they were due in today and so should start being delivered during this week :-)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

I managed to fit the detailing parts very easily to all 5 I’ve had so far. Echo what others have said about them nesting nicely in the holes with no drilling required. I left the bufferbeams in place but just carefully pulled out the buffers from their housing. That way I was able to change the buffers on 402 as well so they’re the right way round. Prototypical weathering completed from reference photos. 

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

Excellent job there 👍👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A friend brought a large loco Scotrail example into the club last night and I was really impressed. The presence and the feeling of 'heaviness' was very apparent. It is a very impressive model and if I had any lingering doubts about ordering one of the green SYP centre headcode versions in the forthcoming batch, then they were well and truly dispelled.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Haverail said:

I believe they were due in today and so should start being delivered during this week :-)

I wondered because the announcement only mentions the 3 green ones and not 37001.

Edited by reddragon

1 hour ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

Just to confirm, Bill, I’ve updated the decoders on the Lokprogrammer and the flange squeal works on all 4 locos for the WHL project. Need to do the DRS ones next. 

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Still not had a reply from ACCURASCALE, getting a bit p!!** off with them to say the least! If it's not too much bother let me know how you fixed it. Will also get one of my colleagues to look into same as they might spot what's wrong!

Cheers, Bill.

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Well, we've been hit for 6 this morning. 37/6 that is! 

MicrosoftTeams-image(202).png.0fbbd0e2efea8402ea91890e0c798e5f.png

Oh, and 97301 is in there too!

Usual caveats of breaking the pallets down, counting into stock, QC check etc but expect to see them heading out to customers and retailers later this week.

@Captain Kernow the wheelsets didnt seem to attract much interest with retailers when first mooted so we decided to just stock them direct only and keep the prices keen as possible. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Dunmar said:

Hi Eddie,

Still not had a reply from ACCURASCALE, getting a bit p!!** off with them to say the least! If it's not too much bother let me know how you fixed it. Will also get one of my colleagues to look into same as they might spot what's wrong!

Cheers, Bill.

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear this. Could you send me a private message with your email address and query and I will personally look into it for you.

Many thanks,

Fran 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

Hi Eddie,

Cheers, Bill.

It was just a firmware update that did it. The Lokprogrammer did it automatically when it was programming the address and sound volume. 

Cheers

Eddie

1 minute ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

It was just a firmware update that did it. The Lokprogrammer did it automatically when it was programming the address and sound volume. 

Cheers

Eddie

Cheers Eddie,

Think I may have finally got a response!

Bill.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear this. Could you send me a private message with your email address and query and I will personally look into it for you.

Many thanks,

Fran 

Hi,

Will do, soon as I get back to base!

Bill.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Well, we've been hit for 6 this morning. 37/6 that is! 

MicrosoftTeams-image(202).png.0fbbd0e2efea8402ea91890e0c798e5f.png

Oh, and 97301 is in there too!

Usual caveats of breaking the pallets down, counting into stock, QC check etc but expect to see them heading out to customers and retailers later this week.

@Captain Kernow the wheelsets didnt seem to attract much interest with retailers when first mooted so we decided to just stock them direct only and keep the prices keen as possible. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Awesome, can’t wait to get my Europhoenix one (via Rails so I’ll be waiting a while yet.)

Fran are the green 37s, 37001 and the Locomotion D3600 in there as well, or are they still to arrive? I think this thread has got a little confused as to what’s arriving when, I certainly have 🤪