Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Obviously there is a lot of excitement around the 37/6s arriving on layouts, and the original pilot batch are on the high seas are to come next month, but we have also received decorated samples for run 2 recently and they are now in production. 

group.jpg.0b3a4ef0b787cf611dec18931692e2df.jpg

Full update and some snazzy snaps of them right here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/class-37-run-two-decorated-samples-are-here-full-update

Cheers!

Fran 

They look smashing. There’s mine in the middle! 

• Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been asked before - a lot of posts to look thru.

Are you likely to make a 1980s BR Blue version with the TOPS number and the old buffer surrounds but  without the Orange Cant Rail stripes?

Something like these pictures I took.

Thanks

Peter

37011.jpg

37167_014.JPG

• Like 5

My thanks to Simon and the Technical Team at Accurascale I now have 37 027/ 37043 back on shed after maintenance. They are both now running and operating as the should be. Flange squeal operates going through pointwork just as it would do.

Good to go!

IMG_20230921_115924_706.jpg

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

37608 just arrived from Rails. I have 6 accurascale 37’s now and I have to sat 37608 is the pick of a very fine bunch. The livery application is stunning and the fit of the roof panel is perfect (I would say that it’s due to familiarity of the factories producing them now). Also of note is the detail pack having dummy delner couplings. Amazing attention to detail all round.

Now go off and make me a relevant unit to drag around! Pretty please.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the samples for run 2, one observation is that the roof hinges are still standing proud like handrails. Whilst it’s an easy job to make them sit flush against the roof, it would be good if these are tweaked on the production run so you don’t have to. Otherwise I’m liking the green/blue changeover examples in addition to 37140 which is on order.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Looking at the samples for run 2, one observation is that the roof hinges are still standing proud like handrails. Whilst it’s an easy job to make them sit flush against the roof, it would be good if these are tweaked on the production run so you don’t have to. Otherwise I’m liking the green/blue changeover examples in addition to 37140 which is on order.

As can be noted on the currently delivering models, they sit flush on the roof - these are earlier  produced :) 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

In the spirit of "me too" ...

An email earlier today and I'm off to Derails tomorrow with my piggy bank - I hope they have a hammer...

Chri

If its any consolation, mine are at home sitting 'wrapped' in parcel tape as I have ended up in in hospital again. for a few days!  Patience is a virtue...... 

I really want to run my DRS 37/6's with my unprotypical rake of DRS wagons..... It's a rule one, but it will look stunning...... 

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I really want to run my DRS 37/6's with my unprotypical rake of DRS wagons..... It's a rule one, but it will look stunning...... 

I hope you get a chance to enjoy them very soon.

Its not going to stop me....all with new couplers and weathered - very lightly...

53087410149_0b140e83da_c.jpg

• Like 7

On 20/09/2023 at 15:24, Br60066 said:

Hi Guys, Anyone had any joy getting 2 of these to consist together and run at the same speed? One of my models is sound and the other has the standard Accurascale DCC chip in it but I can't get them to match speeds. When hauling something like FNA's it causes the wagons to derail since they are always either being pulled apart or pushed together. Is this likely a problem with the models manufacturing tolerances meaning they will always run at slightly different speeds or will I need to run both models on the same decoder to resolve the issue?

Easiest way to do this with any two locos is to run them at full speed either along side or following and adjust the fastest one down using CV5 to get them both at the same speed. Then match your other CVs for start voltage, acceleration and braking and you should be pretty close if not spot on.

Neil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I hope you get a chance to enjoy them very soon.

Its not going to stop me....all with new couplers and weathered - very lightly...

53087410149_0b140e83da_c.jpg

Nice collection of DRS stock there fella and thanks for the well wishes. Sure you will have loads of fun with them.  Plenty of thrash, but I wanted a heavy load - will send you a picture when I am sorted.  Not tried it since but a year or so ago, only a Hattons 66 could move it them up my incline comfortably, but you could tell it was working for it's living for once!  Even on incline with wagons on 2nd radius curves.   The stock appears to have lots of rolling resistance, to the extent a wagon will not move on my down hill gradient.  8 or 9 PFAs coupled to a wagon can just get one wagon moving down the hill! Pair of Bachmann 37/4's in DRS could shift itit, but singularly no chance even with a run at it, just slip, slip, slip after a few feet! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pikey said:

How do you make the tail lights come on by themselves, so you can run them as a top and tail?

It’s a case of remapping the functions. I’ve posted the logic I used in earlier posts on here. It’s easiest to do with JMRI or a Lokprogrammer 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Peter,

We most certainly will produce a 37 in that condition in a future run!

Cheers!

Fran 

Is there going to be announcement what the future liveries are going to be? Slowing selling my old stock to replenish for new models! Just managed to get a 37/0 sound chip 👍🏻

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, rorz101uk said:

Is there going to be announcement what the future liveries are going to be? Slowing selling my old stock to replenish for new models! Just managed to get a 37/0 sound chip 👍🏻

Hi Rory,

There will be, we just want to get the final drop from run 1 out to customers first, as they've waited long enough, with interest! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, LMSfan72 said:

It’s a case of remapping the functions. I’ve posted the logic I used in earlier posts on here. It’s easiest to do with JMRI or a Lokprogrammer 

Hi @LMSfan72 Something for me to have a go at. Could you please let us know which page of the thread this was posted on.

Information from @LMSfan72 copied and posted below.

Edited by zr2498
Search done and reposted