Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

On 25/09/2023 at 17:58, Markn said:

I know weathering isn't to every ones taste and this may offend some, but I've spent several hours over the past few evenings making 609 a little more realistic looking, in my eyes at least, for a DRS workhorse. This involved an airbrush and some tamiya weathering powders. The most dramatic part was probably fully repainting the roof with weathered black to remove all that shine.

Just as a note for anyone who's attempting this, the finishing coat over the decals is very thin on this 37/6 batch (or at least on the two I have), and is penetrated much faster than that on the 37/4 I recently did.

PXL_20230925_130752815~4.jpg

PXL_20230925_130834175~2.jpg

PXL_20230925_130847998~2.jpg

PXL_20230925_130938447~2.jpg

PXL_20230925_114124819~2.jpg

That just finishes off what Is already an excellent model! Nice 👍

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/09/2023 at 18:29, Krieghoff said:

Isnt the livery on 37-609 just awesome. In fact, the livery on all of them is awesome. 

my Network Rail and ROG are Two of

my favourites i must admit. 

how fortunate are we all today to be in the midst of what i can personally only describe as possibly THE best period to own modern day locomotives and rolling stock of a quality and finesse that was a pipe dream when i started many many years ago. We very much are spoilt for choice and long may the boundaries be pushed. For someone coming into the hobby today.......what an absolutely fabulous time. 

im constantly in awe of what Accurascale are bringing to the table and long may they continue to do so. 

by the way, have i mentioned about thirty times before (with plenty of support),,,, can we have one or two of these variants please chaps....just sayin IMG_5177.jpeg.03fe579010b677f451ad3b6e078d0d22.jpegIMG_6258.jpeg.91fcfe2a1f3d6968190a4b518c17a0fe.jpeg

Again this is a must. I do believe this has been looked into, but there are issues with the artwork...

On 25/09/2023 at 18:29, Krieghoff said:

Isnt the livery on 37-609 just awesome. In fact, the livery on all of them is awesome. 

my Network Rail and ROG are Two of

my favourites i must admit. 

how fortunate are we all today to be in the midst of what i can personally only describe as possibly THE best period to own modern day locomotives and rolling stock of a quality and finesse that was a pipe dream when i started many many years ago. We very much are spoilt for choice and long may the boundaries be pushed. For someone coming into the hobby today.......what an absolutely fabulous time. 

im constantly in awe of what Accurascale are bringing to the table and long may they continue to do so. 

by the way, have i mentioned about thirty times before (with plenty of support),,,, can we have one or two of these variants please chaps....just sayin IMG_5177.jpeg.03fe579010b677f451ad3b6e078d0d22.jpegIMG_6258.jpeg.91fcfe2a1f3d6968190a4b518c17a0fe.jpeg

Again this is a must. I do believe this has been looked into, but there are issues with the artwork...

• RMweb Gold

One assumes that Accurascale would be within their rights to to withold follow up support if the model is not purchased from themselves or one of their authorisd retailers..and given one or two 37s have been returned this could be an issue...or am I talking *******?

Chris H

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

One assumes that Accurascale would be within their rights to to withold follow up support if the model is not purchased from themselves or one of their authorisd retailers..and given one or two 37s have been returned this could be an issue...or am I talking *******?

Chris H

im sure people have said they got issues with a model that wasn't brought direct from them and accurascale said to send them back to where you brought it from and they send it back to accurascale??

7 minutes ago, McC said:

If you buy from us you return to us if you buy from an authorized retailer you return to the retailer. If you bought second hand there is no warranty. 

Hence the reason, no matter how desperate I am, I will not be purchasing from the above clown! I hope you will get some 609's back in, but due to popularity, I am doubtful? Maybe the retailer should limit the amount they sell him at discount. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

Hence the reason, no matter how desperate I am, I will not be purchasing from the above clown! I hope you will get some 609's back in, but due to popularity, I am doubtful? Maybe the retailer should limit the amount they sell him at discount. 

I’m not aware of any retailer seling these at discount. Why would they when demand is much higher than remaining availability. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

im hoping accurascale do another HN Rail orange like they done with the porterbrook deltic. i was humming and arring over it and now its sold out.  im over the moon with NR 97 and ROG 37 

607 in orange would be ace next

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

Hence the reason, no matter how desperate I am, I will not be purchasing from the above clown! . 

Presumably you'll be too busy fighting to bring down capitalism anyway, comrade. 

Why shouldn't people sell them at what the market will pay? I have 37043 in the classifieds here for a modest amount above the price I paid for it, but I researched what the market was asking first, and tried to offer a fair price, at the lower end of what they are going for on ebay, which seems to be £200 to £225. And why shouldn't people buy models as investments? (It's not my case - I bought 043 hoping it would live up to the hype.) 

Edited by Daddyman
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, McC said:

If you buy from us you return to us if you buy from an authorized retailer you return to the retailer. If you bought second hand there is no warranty. 

Phew - I wasn't talking ******.....Thanks McC

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Presumably you'll be too busy fighting to bring down capitalism anyway, comrade. 

Why shouldn't people sell them at what the market will pay? I have 37043 in the classifieds here for a modest amount above the price I paid for it, but I researched what the market was asking first, and tried to offer a fair price, at the lower end of what they are going for on ebay, which seems to be £200 to £225. And why shouldn't people buy models as investments? (It's not my case - I bought 043 hoping it would live up to the hype.) 

"If you bought second hand there is no warranty" 

That's his reason....nothing to do with politics....

Chris H

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Daddyman said:

People can do what they please, it is my choice to purchase or not. As they say, there are no friends in business. The said "clown" is no longer a friend of mine.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

Pre ordered a sound 37606 from my local retailer, they have received the non sound variants but not the sound versions yet. Should I be worried if they have not got them by now? 

all trade on the /6 are gone a while now. Perhaps reach out to them to check again?

20230925_192130.jpg.c3baf92758e381e249af6229bfbcef3b.jpg

Very pleased with my 607, the livery elements are superb, it just looks absolutely spot on, as do all the other locos I've seen.

Would definitely agree on the sound volume concern, it is rather quiet even on max volume, a shame, hopefully a remedy to come from the Accurateam?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Darius43 said:

And then there were three…

IMG_0230.jpeg.89f476203d1449d14bbef177676aa0da.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg.dc1956429ff72b3c79bcede5a0035002.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

No doubt the best RTR Class 37 to date. Different variations of detail on the same sub class. Love the way 608 has the different shade of yellow around the multi socket, as per the prototype. The livery print on them is spot on 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Very pleased with my 607, the livery elements are superb, it just looks absolutely spot on, as do all the other locos I've seen.

Would definitely agree on the sound volume concern, it is rather quiet even on max volume, a shame, hopefully a remedy to come from the Accurateam?

Yes, the best customer service by experience. I'm sure it will be fine!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

there's a video on YouTube,  they  have taken the sugracube  out and left the em1 or accurathrash in and it  sounds better 

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

there's a video on YouTube,  they  have taken the sugracube  out and left the em1 or accurathrash in and it  sounds better 

I’d caution against that as you’ll change the resistance and may risk blowing a speaker. There are a range of CVs for volume. If you want to raise the volume on the prime mover CV just drop us a line and we can assist 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Taking out one of the speakers is more likely to save the decoder's amp than leaving them both in since the combo technically puts the resistance below the official specs of both Loksounds and Zimo's.

Yes I know ESU helped with the electronics so they are probably telling Accura the Loksound can handle it but it does beg the question of if they can handle it why isn't the offical spec 2-32ohm instead of 4-32?

The low impedence of having both speakers is probably one of the main reasons for the reports of low volume (physics, volume needs to be lower for lower impedence or the amp won't like it....)

Wonder if would have been a better idea to get a custom 8ohm EM1 style speaker than could be comfortably wired in parallel with a sugarcube.

Anyhoo, hurry up and announce 37401 or 37403 in their current condition so I can try for 3rd time lucky on one 😄

Edited by Kaput

Max volume for the prime mover is CV63=192 + CV32=1 + CV259=255.  II know the V5 manual says max value for CV 259 et al is 128, but recent firmware upgrades changed all that. The change as you press enter with the CV259=255 setting really make the loco come alive imho.

I've not blown a speaker on any AS 37s yet, but with the previous batch of decoders, including those on the DCC Sound locos, the sound would cut out completely if started at high values, meaning you'd have to start up with CV 63 at a value of say 150, let it settle for a minute or so, and then ramp up the values.

2 hours ago, McC said:

I’d caution against that as you’ll change the resistance and may risk blowing a speaker. There are a range of CVs for volume. If you want to raise the volume on the prime mover CV just drop us a line and we can assist 

I dont mess with things like that, rather lave it to the pros