High Level OK?

MJI

6 minutes ago, MJI said:

OK now arrived, the postage had fallen off and RM sat on it for ages.

Snap  I think it was a case they took Chris's money, put it to one side then forgot to put stamps on. Still no real damage and all sorted

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 31/03/2020 at 15:41, SR DUNCAN said:

Many thanks Grosvenor and Hayfield for their informative replies.  I was just wondering whether any CVs might need to be adjusted to suit these motors but of course I can do an auto set-up on the ESU V4 chips.  Thanks again for your help.

Duncan

For small coreless types Zimo suggest setting motor control parameters cv9 to 51 and cv56 to 133 as a baseline starting point. I find these settings work very well for not only coreless but other higher efficiency iron core motors that are around. 

Izzy

• Thanks 1

Items I ordered from High Level arrived yesterday, recorded delivery, postie stood back after ringing bell and keyed in receipt on his pad.

I was surprised how quick this was I only ordered just over a week before an RR+ was out of stock at the time. Excellent service all round, especially in current situation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Waiting for etch primer to dry, then need to get oil and find my loctite for wheel fitment.

High Level rod is 0.04mm +- 0.02 smaller than Gibson axles (using a Micrometer).

Building rigid simply as I did not want to cut motor shaft.

Edited by MJI

My items arrived OK, one lot was held up by the Post Office he used (not his normal one) a second order arrived after about 4 days. Post is a little disturbed plus I guess the collections and sorting may be disrupted in some places.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, micklner said:

Similar request to the first post.

Gearboxes ordered via post on the 26th March, nothing recieved so far, and no reply to a follow up email, sent this monday. Anyone recieved anything recently ?? Thanks.

I spoke to Chris this morning, he's wading through a backlog and will get round tuit dreckly. He's been having a few problems, by all accounts. 

• Thanks 2

Chris

I am the person that has been e-mailing from Australia

I am glad you are OK. I was worried that you may have in capacitated when I didn't get replies to my e-mails. I now see the reason and I fully understand. 

There is no rush to get my order posted but I would like to make sure that I have secured my order. I would also like to establish how I can make payment for my order.

Best wishes and stay safe

I have spoken to three suppliers over the past 3 weeks, all 3 have seen an upsurge in orders and I guess with suppliers not working must be scratching their heads on how to restock.

I know that Chris a couple of weeks ago was waiting for a delivery which obviously came in as I got my gearbox, plus he posted some items at a different post office who caused no end of issues

Worrying times but at the same time some producers are having to alter their way of operating and staying in business

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...