MRJ 278

Compound2632

35 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

Issue 278 is now in stock and may be ordered direct from my website at:

https://www.titfield.co.uk/Wild-Swan/MRJ-Journal.htm

It is likely that all orders will be processed and sent out on Tuesday of next week.

Thank you for your patience.

Order placed, thank you for letting us know.

All the very best with the new premises matey !

G

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, No46 said:

No subscription issue in the post today. Fingers crossed for Tuesday now.

TLS*, due Thursday, arrived today but no MRJ.

*My wife's answer to MRJ but just not quite as intellectual.

Edited by Compound2632

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, bgman said:

Order placed, thank you for letting us know.

All the very best with the new premises matey !

G

Agreed. Order placed with Simon. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Issue 278 is now in stock and may be ordered direct from my website at:

https://www.titfield.co.uk/Wild-Swan/MRJ-Journal.htm

It is likely that all orders will be processed and sent out on Tuesday of next week.

Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime the new premises are taking shape and will be offering a much enhanced "retail experience" when everything reopens, here is the new space this morning, still under construction and liable to further improvement...

1-100_9123.JPG

And cheaper to order from Simon than all on Ebay too.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Well, I'm waiting for my subscription copy, but I have ordered something else from Simon!

Sausages? 

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

There has been a theory put forward on another list that the folks who have so far had 278 by mail from Cygnet are the folks who contributed articles. Not sure if this is right or wrong but the pattern does fit. Hopefully you will all get your copies soon. I'm trying to make mine last a while because there is no knowing when the next one will be along.

Regards, Andy

• RMweb Gold

Thank you very much to everyone who has ordered 278 (and other things) from me, very much appreciated.

However, I am afraid I have to report a bit of a "cock up on the catering front" in as much as demand has quickly outstripped my usual supply quantities and so I have had to reorder more copies in from Cygnet. Quite a lot went out today and the system should have generated e-mails to all those to whom orders are being sent.

Apologies for this, I guess I should have anticipated the situation but the response/demand has been way out of anything near my normal experience, perhaps not surprising given the rather extraordinary circumstances we all find ourselves in.

Thank you for your patience, I am arranging for a "bonus" enclosure with orders which I hope people will enjoy, something that turned up in a dusty corner of the warehouse in my recent move.

On the subs copies front, I believe there has been a bit of a logistical problem with picking up packed copies (social distancing, a mature workforce) all of which are now being worked through. And also I sense that the mail is not quite as quick or consistent as it usually is, for obvious reasons.

Happy reading to all when they arrive from wherever they have been sent!

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

On the subs copies front, I believe there has been a bit of a logistical problem with picking up packed copies (social distancing, a mature workforce) all of which are now being worked through. And also I sense that the mail is not quite as quick or consistent as it usually is, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the update on the subs copies. I gather that Royal Mail is currently banning overtime - or so I read - plus there will presumably be a fair few staff off. Patience remains the watchword.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Thank you very much to everyone who has ordered 278 (and other things) from me, very much appreciated.

However, I am afraid I have to report a bit of a "cock up on the catering front" in as much as demand has quickly outstripped my usual supply quantities and so I have had to reorder more copies in from Cygnet. Quite a lot went out today and the system should have generated e-mails to all those to whom orders are being sent.

Apologies for this, I guess I should have anticipated the situation but the response/demand has been way out of anything near my normal experience, perhaps not surprising given the rather extraordinary circumstances we all find ourselves in.

Thank you for your patience, I am arranging for a "bonus" enclosure with orders which I hope people will enjoy, something that turned up in a dusty corner of the warehouse in my recent move.

Happy reading to all when they arrive from wherever they have been sent!

Simon

Morning Simon. 

I did wonder if this might be the case. Not to worry. I shall await my copy and look forward to my complimentary  copy of "Life on  the Edge - Tales of a Monorail Driver in the days of the Raj"

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I am also not surprised to read that demand has outstripped your stock, but will patiently await the rattle of the letter box and inviting thud on the door mat as the reading material arrives ready to sit in the garden with appropriate beverage to enjoy a few hours immersed in our favourite subject.

I have been re-reading through my "stock" so a few extra days covered.

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, D869 said:

There has been a theory put forward on another list that the folks who have so far had 278 by mail from Cygnet are the folks who contributed articles. Not sure if this is right or wrong but the pattern does fit.

I got my subs copy a week ago (not long after they went out) and haven't contributed any articles.

I'm sure it's just delayed in the postal service, my postie says they've got less business mail to deliver but small packages and parcels have quadrupled which is taking a little longer to distribute, as he says though they don't bother with the 'you weren't in' cards ....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

I had a lengthy chat with Cygnet yesterday and as Simon says, the subs copies were packed up and ready for dispatch pretty quickly. Unfortunately the gent who deals with them (and has done since about issue 5) is currently in complete isolation and there have been problems getting them picked up by the PO. The team are working on the problem and it is hoped it will be resolved in the next few days. This is obviously far from ideal but these are unprecedented times and we thank everybody for their patience. 

Jerry  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

I had a lengthy chat with Cygnet yesterday and as Simon says, the subs copies were packed up and ready for dispatch pretty quickly. Unfortunately the gent who deals with them (and has done since about issue 5) is currently in complete isolation and there have been problems getting them picked up by the PO. The team are working on the problem and it is hoped it will be resolved in the next few days. This is obviously far from ideal but these are unprecedented times and we thank everybody for their patience. 

Jerry  

Thanks Jerry, that certainly helps explain the fact that my subscription copy hasn't arrived yet, together with on-going workload for the Royal Mail folks. I was going to ask this morning if anyone else hadn't had their subscription copy, but I don't need to do that now. Your article in the previous issue on the 54XX chassis that you did for Gerry Beale has proven very helpful in my current 74XX chassis project :D

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1