ABS models (Adrian Swain)

shipbadger

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, kipford said:

The new trading name for the 4mm part of ABS is:

Modelstock - ABS 4mm

The following words are what the owner of Modelstock has supplied to the SHMRC for inclusion in our show guide:

Modelstock is the new home of the ABS 4mm model railway kit and accessory ranges which were acquired in 2020 after the very sad passing away of Adrian Swain. Adrian was an excellent modeller and caster snd his kits and accessory packs have always been extremely popular.

We will be reintroducing as many of the ABS kits and detailing packs as is viable and also introducing some new vehicles which Adrian had been working on which never got to market owing to his declining health. It is also planned to facelift all of the original kit instruction sheets in both printed and electronic form, improving the exploded drawings and assembly information using modern CAD and publishing tools.

A website is under construction which will include a webshop where all the currently available kits and accessories can be purchased online and posted out to you. You can find us online at www.modelstock.co.uk

If you want to know more then come along to the SHMRC show on Saturday 18th November at the Admiral Lord Nelson School, Dundas Lane, Portsmouth, PO3 5XT.

SHMRC Show Details 

They've nicked a photo of my desk for their website backdrop 😂

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

You have a very tidy desk, my work bench is much worse than that!!!

Just googling modelstock, brings up some very appealing young ladies.

It has to be as when I work from home it's my desk for that too. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

On 12/10/2023 at 13:55, kipford said:

It is also planned to facelift all of the original kit instruction sheets in both printed and electronic form, improving the exploded drawings and assembly information using modern CAD and publishing tools.

Dave

This is good news, however as of 23/2/24 the site, Modelstock, is yet to be set up.

I have an ABS 1 1/2 ton GWR travelling crane and match truck, in the original cylindrical tube packaging, which I acquired and I am eager to build. The reason for this post is to ask if anybody has an instruction sheet to this model that they would kindly copy for me.

David

12 minutes ago, gabalfa said:

Dave

This is good news, however as of 23/2/24 the site, Modelstock, is yet to be set up.

I have an ABS 1 1/2 ton GWR travelling crane and match truck, in the original cylindrical tube packaging, which I acquired and I am eager to build. The reason for this post is to ask if anybody has an instruction sheet to this model that they would kindly copy for me.

David

I've messaged the owner to see if he has any copies he can scan and send on.

Duncan

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I have a couple of CCT and GUV kits with the whitemetal components 'mint in bag!', if pictures or even sending them would help any in the (monumental) identification and sorting process?

Mike.

I'll ask.  The instructions might be useful...

D

• Friendly/supportive 1