Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

There must be a very sore dog somewhere your way Peter.  That work is the canine's wotsits :D

Hi Peter,

I think Ricks bang on the money there.  I've not looked in on Llanbourne for a while and it seems you've been busy.  The results are outstanding and a testament to your skills, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

Many thanks

Cheers

Lee

There must be a very sore dog somewhere your way Peter.  That work is the canine's wotsits :D

Thanks Rick, 

My dog doesn't have any nuts but there could be one down the street with a sore pair. :D 

Cheers Peter. 

Thirded, a very nice delicate piece of modelling there, Peter.

Thanks Dave,

Still plenty to do on the layout though this section is nearly done. I still have a two road loco shed to build near the station and your building are getting me fired up to have a go at mine, but I need to finish this area before starting that. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I think Ricks bang on the money there.  I've not looked in on Llanbourne for a while and it seems you've been busy.  The results are outstanding and a testament to your skills, I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

Many thanks

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

Great to hear from you, hope you are going ok. Are you back doing any modelling yet?

There will be more pics as I need to get the layout running. I haven't run a train in ages.

Cheers Peter.

For the first time since May I had a running session on Llanbourne over the weekend. A friend of mine brought some of his Scottish loco's  a DC kits crane that he has been working on for ages and a Heljan class 47 converted to 901 which wouldn't run for some reason, we narrowed it down to the decoder.

Anyway some pics from the days running. The class 26s and 27 sound as good as they look so got a fair bit of use.

More pics to follow.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-38258700-1445245646_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-98817500-1445245695_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-38893800-1445245783_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-16714600-1445245833_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-35493800-1445245883_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-81612400-1445245958_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-69123300-1445246081_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-55678900-1445246232_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-85736100-1445246310_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-89511100-1445246394_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-29014400-1445246492_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-70478700-1445246543_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

For the first time since May I had a running session on Llanbourne over the weekend. A friend of mine brought some of his Scottish loco's  a DC kits crane that he has been working on for ages and a Heljan class 47 converted to 901 which wouldn't run for some reason, we narrowed it down to the decoder.

Anyway some pics from the days running. The class 26s and 27 sound as good as they look so got a fair bit of use.

More pics to follow.

Cheers Peter.

Very nice Peter. The two shots of the 26s in the platforms look somehow Kyle of Lochalsh-ish to me.

Great shots Peter,  Love the shot from the Buffers down to all the Signals, that's a really awesome shot.

I do miss my 26 and 27' with SWD Sound, but I'm ordering a Western and Warships Sounds this morning.

Very nice Peter. The two shots of the 26s in the platforms look somehow Kyle of Lochalsh-ish to me.

Thanks John, I think the class 26s look at home on the layout. I was thinking of how I would operate Llanbourne with Scottish loco's while I was at work today.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Great shots Peter,  Love the shot from the Buffers down to all the Signals, that's a really awesome shot.

I do miss my 26 and 27' with SWD Sound, but I'm ordering a Western and Warships Sounds this morning.

Thanks Andy,

Both 26s and 27 had Biffo sound and sounded great. 

Make sure to post up a video of your Western and Warship when you get the sound sorted. Who's sounds are you going with?

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Super shots.  The McRats look perfectly at home there.  I've always fancied a few myself as the rolling stock collection already exists for a green - blue changeover but where to run them?

47901 ... wouldn't run

Sounds familiar.  The only time I ever saw the real thing she was around the back of Doncaster with a wheel set missing and some bits pulled off "Because it doesn't work" according to a chap in overalls.

• Like 1

Super shots.  The McRats look perfectly at home there.  I've always fancied a few myself as the rolling stock collection already exists for a green - blue changeover but where to run them?

Sounds familiar.  The only time I ever saw the real thing she was around the back of Doncaster with a wheel set missing and some bits pulled off "Because it doesn't work" according to a chap in overalls.

Hi Rick,

We got it running in the end but only on a DC test track, so problem with the sound chip.

I think McRats would look good on Penhayle Bay your signals would be the biggest problem, I will bring one of mine up next time I visit, it might be enough to tempt you.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

I don't need any tempting Peter.  I've had my finger hovering over the "Buy now" button more than once!!!  Sunday 1st November afternoon if you're free; we can probably allow a couple of diesel-electrics into the hydraulic day if no-one's looking ;)  

I don't need any tempting Peter.  I've had my finger hovering over the "Buy now" button more than once!!!  Sunday 1st November afternoon if you're free; we can probably allow a couple of diesel-electrics into the hydraulic day if no-one's looking ;)

I noticed the other day they seem to be going for a bit. I was looking for a 26/0 and didn't see any. I should have got one when Hattons were selling them cheap.

1st is marked on the Calendar. 

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Andy,

Both 26s and 27 had Biffo sound and sounded great. 

Make sure to post up a video of your Western and Warship when you get the sound sorted. Who's sounds are you going with?

Cheers Peter.

The Western is coming from SWD along with a 50, and the 2 X Warships, (Class 42 and 43) are coming from Howes. I though what the Heck, you only live once, I'll pay my Credit Card later, hahahha.

I have 2 x Leegoman sounds, one in a 47 and one in a 33, (see full list in West Shed today)

I now have 11 Sound fitted Blue fleet out of 17.

Next is the Green / Maroon Fleet of Westerns, Warships, 22,35,47 and a 33.

• Like 1

The Western is coming from SWD along with a 50, and the 2 X Warships, (Class 42 and 43) are coming from Howes. I though what the Heck, you only live once, I'll pay my Credit Card later, hahahha.

I have 2 x Leegoman sounds, one in a 47 and one in a 33, (see full list in West Shed today)

I now have 11 Sound fitted Blue fleet out of 17.

Next is the Green / Maroon Fleet of Westerns, Warships, 22,35,47 and a 33.

Look like Christmas has come early for you mate.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Lee,

Great to hear from you, hope you are going ok. Are you back doing any modelling yet?

There will be more pics as I need to get the layout running. I haven't run a train in ages.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thank you.  Yes all going ok, bit busy with work at the moment so I haven't even had time to pop over to the East Lancs for a spot of Whistler therapy :)

I keep watching threads on here (yours being one of them) and get a little inspiration to perhaps try a diorama to start with using the Finetrax rail and a couple of items I have left over from the 'grand sale'.  Perhaps one day I will get round to doing it but for the moment I'm always happy watching the experts here on RMWeb :D

Always look forward to seeing your Llanbourne updates and it seems you're making great progress with the latest installment.

Many thanks

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

A few more from the other day.

A Cardiff based class 37 stands in for a class 47 on a service to Holyhead.

25904 works the daily Speedlink service to Holyhead.

Slightly unusual power for a Sunday van train, a class 33 working back to Crewe

20s work a ballast.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-69638600-1445331143_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-01952100-1445331217_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-96174000-1445331285_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-68681600-1445331356_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 15

I couldn't agree more that the Scottish locos look right at home there, Peter. But then I would say that, wouldn't I?!

Those latest shots you've just posted above are superb too. I do like the sweeping arc of those curves. The emptiness of the sidings and the mixed nature of the stock makes me think of so many similar shots I've seen in B&W books of scenes from the 80s...

Hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty of recreating one from one of your shots...

post-7247-0-89510900-1445331936_thumb.jpg

Luvverly!

Cheers

Dave

• Like 8

Hi Peter,

Wow, great photos!!!  I had a double take with the picture of the tractor... I thought it was real at first glance  :good_mini:

It must have been windy in Llanbourne though... due to the fallen tree :D

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I didn't notice the tree until I put the pics on the computer I was too busy looking at getting the train in focus and didn't see it.

I will have to dig out my Inverness based 37/4 and do another shot. without tree. lol

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1