Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I couldn't agree more that the Scottish locos look right at home there, Peter. But then I would say that, wouldn't I?!

Those latest shots you've just posted above are superb too. I do like the sweeping arc of those curves. The emptiness of the sidings and the mixed nature of the stock makes me think of so many similar shots I've seen in B&W books of scenes from the 80s...

Hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty of recreating one from one of your shots...

attachicon.gifPeters layout 2 x 20s.jpg

Luvverly!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I don't  mind at all, I have a few others to post up so might do a few more B&W. We forget how spoilt we are these days with everything in colour, I remember the Rail mags back in the day normally only had a few colour shots.

Cheers Peter.

Well it seems you're on a roll now Peter, no stopping you.

The picture of the chopper on tanks looks good - all it needs is some photoshop'd diesel exhaust as they struggle to get their train underway ;)

Now you are inspiring me to do that diorama I mentioned earlier.

Cheers

Lee

Blimey O'Reilly Peter, I don't visit Llanbourne for a few days only to return and find that it has shifted north somewhat!

Cracking photos, the McRats look right at home.....I can see this providing motivation to get that Scottish based layout moving forward!

Agree with Dave, the choppers on the mixed ballast is quality!

I have to say that every time I see one of your Cromptons, it makes me want to get one!

• Like 1

Blimey O'Reilly Peter, I don't visit Llanbourne for a few days only to return and find that it has shifted north somewhat!

Cracking photos, the McRats look right at home.....I can see this providing motivation to get that Scottish based layout moving forward!

Agree with Dave, the choppers on the mixed ballast is quality!

I have to say that every time I see one of your Cromptons, it makes me want to get one!

Thanks Alex,

Running my mate McRats has got wanting to weather mine but I must resist as there are other things in bits waiting to be finished.

The other layout is on hold at the moment due to lack of funds, plus I still have plenty to do on Llanbourne.

I am sure you could get away with a class 33 on Boxenby, I am sure one would have made it there. 33030 in EWS livery was painted there.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-44167000-1445418175_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

That curve really is a cracking place for Photo opportunities, and the back drop is superb, remind me Peter, did you paint that? 

Thanks Andy,

I did, I was going to use printed backscenes but couldn't get it to look right. Seeing your painted backscenes made me think about giving it a go, 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Thought that looked similar to this one (you could even add a some extra colour.)

45114 Man Vic 2nd August 1986

post-1161-0-52009200-1445505090.jpg

• Like 5

Man Vic 2nd August 1986

Happy days!  Its always nice to see photos from Man Vic Derek, I seem to remember all assortments of coaching stock appearing on the cross Pennine route.

Great pic of 135 Peter.. nice to see her earning her keep :)

Keep the excellent pics coming.

Thanks

Lee

Thought that looked similar to this one (you could even add a some extra colour.)

45114 Man Vic 2nd August 1986

attachicon.gif45114 MV 020886.jpg

Hi Derek,

Nice pic, It got me looking for a Scotrail Liv BG and I found a Replica one but I am not sure how good the colour on the model is.

I do run an air con Mk2 in my rakes now and then though, 45029 is seen with a colourful rake approaching Llanbourne on an Ex Newcastle service.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-44153400-1445586125_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-66005100-1445586194_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Happy days!  Its always nice to see photos from Man Vic Derek, I seem to remember all assortments of coaching stock appearing on the cross Pennine route.

Great pic of 135 Peter.. nice to see her earning her keep :)

Keep the excellent pics coming.

Thanks

Lee

Thanks Lee,

Still some more pics to come, 135 has been kept busy, 012 is about too.

Cheers Peter.

Mixed Rakes look so much better IMHO and especially for Long Haul Stock. I used to run set formations of all Maroon, all Blue / Grey, all Brown / Cream etc until may mate who knows more than me came around and mixed them up a bit.

Hello Peter

Sorry haven't been on RMweb much of late so have just been having a catch up.

Some more fantastic modelling and some stunning pictures as well.

Great work on the oil terminal, especially like the ground frame, that's a lovely bit of modelling.

Those last few pictures of the 40 and the Peak are superb. Very North Wales Coast. Brilliant.

Cheers

Marcus

Mixed Rakes look so much better IMHO and especially for Long Haul Stock. I used to run set formations of all Maroon, all Blue / Grey, all Brown / Cream etc until may mate who knows more than me came around and mixed them up a bit.

Thanks Andy,

I think for a short time nearly everything coaching stock wise was blue grey but the mid 80s saw an end to that with Inter city livery and all the others starting to appear.

Cheers Peter. 

Hello Peter

Sorry haven't been on RMweb much of late so have just been having a catch up.

Some more fantastic modelling and some stunning pictures as well.

Great work on the oil terminal, especially like the ground frame, that's a lovely bit of modelling.

Those last few pictures of the 40 and the Peak are superb. Very North Wales Coast. Brilliant.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

I guess work has to come first, I am sure you will get time on Peak Dale Wood soon. Glad you like the pics can't beat a few banger blue class 40s and 45s. I need to finish the ground frame  but I have been playing trains this week.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More superb pics Peter

Mixed-livery rakes were pretty much the norm for longer than single-livery ones through the BR era.  When you consider that there were green, chocolate / cream, carmine / cream and maroon all at the same time then maroon, green and blue / grey which mix was followed by the blue / grey and sector changeover (with b/g, IC, NSE, Scotrail and Reggierail all in the mix) there's plenty of scope for a mixture.

I often run single-livery rakes but with a non-matching loco.  Currently I'm using one mixed-livery rake as well and have also mixed up my two HST sets which are IC and Merlin running two full rakes both mixed!  BR wasn't as standardised as we sometimes like to think.  It would have been around 1971 when I was on Bristol Temple Meads waiting for the return train to Portsmouth and found it arriving behind a two-tone green Hymek and formed of maroon, blue/grey and green coaches.  At that time the regular Brighton - Exeter rake also featured all those three liveries.

Edited by Gwiwer

More superb pics Peter

Mixed-livery rakes were pretty much the norm for longer than single-livery ones through the BR era.  When you consider that there were green, chocolate / cream, carmine / cream and maroon all at the same time then maroon, green and blue / grey which mix was followed by the blue / grey and sector changeover (with b/g, IC, NSE, Scotrail and Reggierail all in the mix) there's plenty of scope for a mixture.

I often run single-livery rakes but with a non-matching loco.  Currently I'm using one mixed-livery rake as well and have also mixed up my two HST sets which are IC and Merlin running two full rakes both mixed!  BR wasn't as standardised as we sometimes like to think.  It would have been around 1971 when I was on Bristol Temple Meads waiting for the return train to Portsmouth and found it arriving behind a two-tone green Hymek and formed of maroon, blue/grey and green coaches.  At that time the regular Brighton - Exeter rake also featured all those three liveries.

Rick, Thanks for that info, I have kept my Blue / Grey Coaches in the box AWAY from the Greens and Maroons, I will now unleash them once the ballasting has finished on Pencarne.

• Like 1

I really can't think of using any other button than Craftsmanship Clever!!!

Peter, for someone the other side of the planet, you don't half capture the N. Wales coast well!!!

I think you've made an excellent job with the oil terminal, I agree with Andy that that curve is a terrific place to take photos, I especially like 47561 coming around the curve, just fantastic, keep playing trains, because we get spoilt with all these lovely pictures.

Jinty ;)