Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter, Excellent work on the Oil Depot and Vans, Trees look just right as well.

Thanks Andy,

Still a bit to do, I need to do a few buildings now.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter, good to luck to Leanne with her treatment, hope it all gets sorted.

Layout is looking excellent every time I pop in for a gander.

Best regards

Craig.

Thanks Craig,

Leanne has been a bit sick this week but is out tonight with the girls.

The layout is coming together quite well, I have done more work on it this year than the last few, it has made a change from doing stock, though I really need to clean the tracks and run some trains as it's been a while.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Good to see you making progress, Peter. I like the weathering on the wagons and the oil terminal will be fun to play with I should think!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Some progress but not as much as I would like, The tank wagons are old Hornby ones painted up years ago. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Nice to see some more progress on the layout. The fuel terminal looks spot on especially that nice neat pipe work. The 47 in the previous post looks rather nice as well.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

I am getting there slowly, I was planning on painting the fence tonight but ended up starting to fix up a mates class 66. 

Cheers Peter.

Lovely work on that oil terminal, I particularly like the fencing.

I converted a Ratio lineside hut into a small valve room, as some of them were quite small.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty,

I need to do a few buildings for this area, I am planning to scratchbuild the valve room, it will be a slightly bigger version of the one by the fuel point. I also need to build a shunters cabin and store.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely weathering there Peter nice and light just how l like them, well done...

Thanks George,

I did remove a fair bit of sprayed on almost black so called weathering before adding some of mine, I think it looks ok.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter

The fence around the oil terminal is the dogs bits mate.  Like the weathering on 66135 as well - somewhat different to how I did mine.

Lots of cleaning and tidying done on the duck under at Penhayle these past few days so that's now ready for another season.  Now to start on the rest of it as I finish work at 11.15am every day this week so there's a bit of modelling time on the agenda :D

• Like 2

Hi Peter

The fence around the oil terminal is the dogs bits mate.  Like the weathering on 66135 as well - somewhat different to how I did mine.

Lots of cleaning and tidying done on the duck under at Penhayle these past few days so that's now ready for another season.  Now to start on the rest of it as I finish work at 11.15am every day this week so there's a bit of modelling time on the agenda :D

Thanks Rick,

You should get a bit done then, keep us posted. I think the weather is going to be a bit average tomorrow but better later in the week.

Cheers Peter.

First of all Peter may I take this opportunity to say great weathering on what I believe is known as a class 66, not really my cup of tea......

Now then, have I missed something or are you moving the time period forward some what?!!!! :sarcastichand: :blum: :no2: :mosking: ;)

Even I have to confess that the Shed looks pretty good visiting Llanbourne!

But Llanbourne looks all wrong with a 66 - there would be a lot more vegetation and a lot less track by the time privatisation arrived.

Stick to weathering them but don't let those beasts settle in before you know it all the sidings on the other side of the tunnel and the stabling point will be lifted.

First of all Peter may I take this opportunity to say great weathering on what I believe is known as a class 66, not really my cup of tea......

Now then, have I missed something or are you moving the time period forward some what?!!!! :sarcastichand: :blum: :no2: :mosking: ;)

Even I have to confess that the Shed looks pretty good visiting Llanbourne!

Thanks Alex,

It is a class 66, lol  I think they look ok but not a patch on the classic traction normally seen on Llanbourne which hasn't been seen much lately due to me working on the layout, I might have to have a running session soon.

Cheers Peter.

The loco and wagons are for a friend so don't worry the blue is staying. 

• Like 1

But Llanbourne looks all wrong with a 66 - there would be a lot more vegetation and a lot less track by the time privatisation arrived.

Stick to weathering them but don't let those beasts settle in before you know it all the sidings on the other side of the tunnel and the stabling point will be lifted.

Thanks Woodenhead,

You are right, to bring Llanbourne into the 2000s I would have to rip up a fair bit of track. I could have a lot less stock though.

Cheers Peter.

Great weathering Peter, I'm sure you said they were for a Friend, I can only see you in BLUE I'm afraid.

Either way great job and spot on.

Thanks Andy,

I sent a pic to my mate tonight and he's pretty happy with them, He has a few more he wants done too but He is going to have a go himself after I showed him how I do my weathering. 

I quite like some of the new liveries these days but Llanbourne will be staying in the 80s.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Hi Peter,

Nice to see the layout progress, the new section scenery looks nice and the oil depot is taking shape nicely. I did a double take when I saw the 66. It looks really good in the landscape. I've just renumbered my model of 135 into the DB stickered 66098 just to add a bit of variety to my fleet of them. They have grown on me over the years I must admit.

All the best

Mark

Edited by MRDBLUE17