Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

It's very rare for a train to split on Llanbourne. Unless I have set the points wrong, and that does happen.

Ooeerrrr Missus!  

Anyone else remember this, posted not far back in this very thread .....

P.C.M said:I got 100% on my shunter's exam

post-3305-0-54505500-1501515081.gif

• Like 2

I think you have the height about right. Building tend to be big and as there may be a requirement to get to the top roof area as well as servicing gear the height might come in handy for the fitters! 

Looks OK to me, you need to allow extra height if you are thinking of having a crane or jacks in the shed... Here's one I made earlier! (2009 to be exact)

attachicon.gif010.jpg

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Nice shed by the way. I was looking at more depot/ shed pics last night and as you say the height looks about right. 

My shed will only be for light servicing but I am sure most sheds would have been a similar height.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I think you have the height about right. Building tend to be big and as there may be a requirement to get to the top roof area as well as servicing gear the height might come in handy for the fitters! 

Thanks Doug,

I was worried the windows might be a bit high but having looked at more pics I think they are ok.

Cheers Peter.

Looks good to me Peter, this will look great when completed.

Thanks Simon,

Might take a while everything seems to take ages to do these days. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

That area is just crying out to be turned into a mini version of Gloucester Horton Road :-)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rivercider/7488045970/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpmarks/5525880909/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12a_kingmoor_klickr/5809200721/

Regards

melly

Thanks Melly,

I actually was looking at pictures of Horton Road the other day but for another project. 

Llanbourne's shed will have a roof like the Bachmann loco shed.

Cheers Peter.

Like your loco depot build Peter..

Thanks Mate,

No much going on this week it's been pretty cold here so I haven't been out to the garage this week. 

Cheers Peter.

I don't normally put up pics of the Aussie stuff on this thread but some of you might like this. The local steel train though probably not that local as it's a 25 minute drive. Anyway normally  double headed the other day saw 4 loco's due a failure. In the end this train left a lot later and the front loco was shunted back to be the second loco. 

X44 BL34 XR558 and G541 wait to leave Long Island Jct.

Cheers Peter

post-7022-0-58003800-1502429132_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Nice work with the steelie. Never known that to happen in all the years.

Hi Rick, 

Hope all is well. Funny you say that I have never seen it either but 4 went up a few weeks back then a few days after that an XR BL and G went up. The X class worked down again on Friday too. 

Cheers Peter.

Not really much happening at the moment but I did run some trains for a friend at the weekend so have been running a few trains the last few nights.

So just a few Phone pics.

Cheers Peter.

Loving the latest pics Peter, Love the 37 & the 150 at the end, my favourite livery on those units..

A layout that keeps me inspired,

All the best,

Mark

Edited by 1977joey

• RMweb Gold

Very nice photos again, I like the Sprinter & 108 'old meets new' in the last one.

I only just noticed that you manage to still have bufferbeam pipes etc in place with Kadees. Can I ask what you minimum curve is as i'd like to know whether Kadees would work on my planned layout with 30" curves.

Loving the latest pics Peter, Love the 37 & the 150 at the end, my favourite livery on those units..

A layout that keeps me inspired,

All the best,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Glad it keeps you inspired I have a few layout threads I like to visit  for a bit of inspiration.  The 150 has an old Howes sound chip in it but it sounds quite good.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Very nice photos again, I like the Sprinter & 108 'old meets new' in the last one.

I only just noticed that you manage to still have bufferbeam pipes etc in place with Kadees. Can I ask what you minimum curve is as i'd like to know whether Kadees would work on my planned layout with 30" curves.

Hi Rich,

The Kadee's are attached to the chassis and not the bogie. This does limit the minimum curve. The curve in the tunnel on Llanbourne is tighter than 30". I did play around with how far out to set the Kadee so they don't get buffer lock. 

I will take a few pics over the weekend and hopefully it will explain what I have done.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter. I didn't expect an answer so soon! Knowing that your minimum is less than 30" is helpful in itself. Pictures would be good but please don't worry if you don't have time.

No worries Rich,

Too cold out in the garage tonight so was on the laptop when your question came through. Should have time Sunday so no problem.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, just catching up on your thread. That ED Brush looks superb in the shed!

I agree with previous posts and feel that the height looks fine.

Here is a photo of a Grid outside my shed to give you an idea of the height;

23421677445_089bb1e270_z.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

Hi Alex,

Good to hear from you. It's funny you know I was just replying to a PM and the subject of your transfers came up another happy customer so don't worry.

I dropped into my mates tonight to tweek the shed but I should have something to show in a week or two. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2