Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Really impressed with what you've done with your Bedford 4 tonners Peter, have you got a list of the materials used at all? having looked at yours, I feel my own example is lacking now.

I was thinking the same thing any tips gratefully received.

Thanks Guys,

The trailers are from the JB models now Airfix kit that come with a Landrover. 

The bedford truck only has a modified top to the back end as can be seen by the pic above I just used plasticard  for the sides and prastruct rod for the top sides and middle section. The thin rod was used for the small raised section which if I did again I would double the thickness.

Hope this helps. Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-40790800-1506852010_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Guys,

The trailers are from the JB models now Airfix kit that come with a Landrover. 

The bedford truck only has a modified top to the back end as can be seen by the pic above I just used plasticard  for the sides and prastruct rod for the top sides and middle section. The thin rod was used for the small raised section which if I did again I would double the thickness.

Hope this helps. Cheers Peter.

very useful Peter, I'll see about getting some of the above for the next 4 tonner I tackle.

Hi Peter

What a great MOD Train, and the Great Rail Freight Wagons, great to see this era on any layout, my type of time frame, love to look at these years, whether Real Photos or Model form, excellent to look at mate.

Jamie

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Peter

What a great MOD Train, and the Great Rail Freight Wagons, great to see this era on any layout, my type of time frame, love to look at these years, whether Real Photos or Model form, excellent to look at mate.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, Sorry for late reply I have been quite busy lately. I still need to add chocks and chains to keep the Bedfords on the wagon but I also want to remove them so still need to work out how to do it.

Cheers Peter. 

I have been doing a bit to the layout in recent weeks as over the weekend the BRMA had it's convention in Melbourne. I didn't go to the main day but helped a mate run his Southern terminus and a small show on Sunday. Llanbourne was open to visitors on the Monday. I only had six people call in but I had a good day running trains with a couple of mates than had come over.

The layout ran well but I have two more DDC problems. My Hornby class 31 that I fitted with a TTS sound decoder now has light that will not turn off and when I increase the speed the lights go off and off at each speed step.

More of a worry is my class 25 with V3.5 sound chip with biffo files has stopped working. I put it on the track put the number in and it started to move on it's own I lifted it off the track now it will not run at all though the sound does work it just ticks over.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

With the clas 31, try changing the speed steps on your throttle to 128; it sounds like it has reverted to 14, for some reason, which would give the symptoms you describe. If that doesn't work, it may be to do with CV29 needing reprogramming.

With the 33, I'm not sure; if all else fails, try a decoder reset.

Edited by SRman

With the clas 31, try changing the speed steps on your throttle to 128; it sounds like it has reverted to 14, for some reason, which would give the symptoms you describe. If that doesn't work, it may be to do with CV29 needing reprogramming.

With the 33, I'm not sure; if all else fails, try a decoder reset.

Thanks  Jeff,

How do I change the speed steps?I did notice when Peter's railroad class 40 with fitted lights was running it was doing the same as the class 31 and was fine on his test track. and how do i do a decoder reset. Sorry I am a bit of a Noob when it comes to this DCC malarkey.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter.

For the ESU decoder, program CV 30 to 2 (or CV 8 to 8) to reset it. The sound files won't be affected.

For the speed steps, there is a key at lower right on the NCE controller which toggles 28/128 steps. If that does nothing for the problem, read the value in CV29 - program it to something like 34 (no DC operation) or 38 (if DC operation is also required) and see if that cures the problem (that's assuming you are using a long address).

Hi Peter.

For the ESU decoder, program CV 30 to 2 (or CV 8 to 8) to reset it. The sound files won't be affected.

For the speed steps, there is a key at lower right on the NCE controller which toggles 28/128 steps. If that does nothing for the problem, read the value in CV29 - program it to something like 34 (no DC operation) or 38 (if DC operation is also required) and see if that cures the problem (that's assuming you are using a long address).

Hi Jeff and Thanks,

25901 is now running again, the reset didn't seem to work the first time but after doing it again and setting up the address a different number came up so I typed in 2590 and entered that and away it went.

Also 31403 now has working lights I changed CV29 to 34 and all is good the loco still jumps a bit when first pulling away at speed step 1 or 2 but I think thats the Hornby loco rather than decoder. I will change CV29 on my 150 Sprinter too as the lights on that have a mind of their own too. My other sound fitted class 31 has no lights at all at the moment because they where flicking on and off as well and while checking the wiring I broke one off so I will have to have another look at that.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Hows the progress on the Class 33 sound?

Peter

Hi Peter, Not sorted yet. Going to try and swap decoder with the one in my other sound class 33. See what happen's after that.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Some pics and video. Having cleaned the track for visitors last week I have been running a few trains.

Good stuff Peter. Nice to see D7672 there.

Sorry I didn't see you last weekend but we weren't back from our Scottish holiday in time. Ironic really, that I couldn't get to the Melbourne Convention when I am currently spending more than half my working week down there!

DMU departing Llanbourne on a local service to Chester.

31403 departs on a TPO train for Holyhead.

25912 on a trip working to Llanbourne South Yard.

25224 departs Llanbourne on the return Speedlink working to Warrington.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 12

Good stuff Peter. Nice to see D7672 there.

Sorry I didn't see you last weekend but we weren't back from our Scottish holiday in time. Ironic really, that I couldn't get to the Melbourne Convention when I am currently spending more than half my working week down there!

Thanks John,

You are welcome to drop by if you have time when you come down to Melbourne. Hope you had a good trip to Scotland, we love our visits up there.

Cheers Peter.