Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Not really much happening at the moment but I did run some trains for a friend at the weekend so have been running a few trains the last few nights.

So just a few Phone pics.

Cheers Peter.

Stunning images Peter, really captures the everyday of British Rail for me.

Not really much happening at the moment but I did run some trains for a friend at the weekend so have been running a few trains the last few nights.

Peter, what have you used to make the destination blinds please?

post-7968-0-84774800-1503085130.jpg

• Like 8

Peter, what have you used to make the destination blinds please?

Hi Nick,

The 150 was just made up on the Computer and printed off. My 108s and 101s have Modelmaster transfers. I think the sheet is Midland DMU destinations. I did have to chop and change a few to get enough but Holyhead Bangor and Chester are on the sheet.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter. Thanks for the bits and pieces you gave me today. Doug did a bit of Google searching and we worked out that the etched brass clerestory mail van is a Great Western vehicle from around 1898 or so. 247 Developments have the sides listed and may possibly have other related bits for the vehicle, but I haven't yet looked through the lists. It will make an interesting coach for my pre-grouping trains if I can get it built.

Hi Peter. Thanks for the bits and pieces you gave me today. Doug did a bit of Google searching and we worked out that the etched brass clerestory mail van is a Great Western vehicle from around 1898 or so. 247 Developments have the sides listed and may possibly have other related bits for the vehicle, but I haven't yet looked through the lists. It will make an interesting coach for my pre-grouping trains if I can get it built.

No worries Jeff,

Glad the bits will be of use to you. Would never have guessed that etch was GWR. Be nice if you can get the other bits for it.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Nick,

The 150 was just made up on the Computer and printed off. My 108s and 101s have Modelmaster transfers. I think the sheet is Midland DMU destinations. I did have to chop and change a few to get enough but Holyhead Bangor and Chester are on the sheet.

Cheers Peter.

Just remembered my class 108 with headcode has DMU destination blinds by Lithoplan.

Cheers Peter.

Excellent images.

Brilliant layout very close to reminding me as it was way back then.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

The mid 80s was when I was out and about taking pics and getting haulage so it's what I have tried to recreate.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-66979100-1503321415_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...

About time for an update as I have been doing a few bits and pieces but last night and today have had me really over fitting sound chips. 

I have the Biffo latest class 33 sound chip and have now tried 4 different speakers. All give the same hissing sound which is almost as loud as the loco start up sound and totally ruin the sound of the loco running. Came this be  that all speakers are no good? I have checked the wiring and it seems ok. Could it be the decoder?

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-37909600-1505895759_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M

About time for an update as I have been doing a few bits and pieces but last night and today have had me really over fitting sound chips. 

I have the Biffo latest class 33 sound chip and have now tried 4 different speakers. All give the same hissing sound which is almost as loud as the loco start up sound and totally ruin the sound of the loco running. Came this be  that all speakers are no good? I have checked the wiring and it seems ok. Could it be the decoder?

Cheers Peter. 

Have you tried an iphone speaker Peter?

Have you tried an iphone speaker Peter?

Hi Simon,

No i do have an old phone i was going use the speaker from but having tried 4 different speakers already i am not surw i want to waste anymore time.

I might get in touch with the supplier and send it back.

I would rather spend time modelling than faffing around with sound to be honest.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Peter, I would suggest it is the chip rather than the speaker, as all the speakers are making the high freq sound. Sounds like it has to be reblown OR replaced

Thanks Doug,

I have fired off an email to Biff. So will see what happens

Cheers Peter.

Peter,

Is the decoder a Loksound v4 as we can check it tomorrow when I bring the tester down? I managed to track down some good quality coal so the Garratt should be steaming well for the visit :sungum:

Peter

Hi Peter,

I think it is so yes that would be good. looking forward to seeing how the Garratt runs could you bring your TTS class 40 you had at Caulfield if its no trouble, it would be nice to see how that sounds on a longer run. 

Cheers Peter.

Peter, I would suggest it is the chip rather than the speaker, as all the speakers are making the high freq sound. Sounds like it has to be reblown OR replaced

I've experienced the same problem . One chip will be fine and the next will be as hissy as a kettle !

Hi Peter. Sounds as though it may possibly be an early (ish) sound file recording...some of them were a tad hissy. Don't be disheartened by this as there are some fantastic sounds out there, and it's also very important to correctly install the speaker. Ian (Legoman) knows his stuff backwards and will always help you out. Feel free to drop me a pm if you need any help.

Hi Peter. Sounds as though it may possibly be an early (ish) sound file recording...some of them were a tad hissy. Don't be disheartened by this as there are some fantastic sounds out there, and it's also very important to correctly install the speaker. Ian (Legoman) knows his stuff backwards and will always help you out. Feel free to drop me a pm if you need any help.

Thanks Lee,

It is a V4 chip with Ian's latest sound. I have made contact with him so we will go from there. A friend came over on Friday and we had a play around with it but still no better I am sure we can sort it.

Cheers Peter.

As Mentioned above a friend came over Friday afternoon as we had been discussing DCC sound at a recent Exhibition. Peter brought over something a bit different to run on Llanbourne. I was well impressed as it's a super loco and ran round my layout with no problems trough my tight curves.

I did take a short video so will work out how to load it up in a day or so. I did sound really quite good.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-06583800-1506256892_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

That's some beast Peter. She has appeared at Penhayle Bay as well and coped perfectly with some ageing and uneven track as well as clearing all the structures. I agree the sound is pretty good too.