Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

On 22/11/2023 at 14:43, SRman said:

I just had a look on the Cavalex website, and noted that the latest pics of the 56 are from the ones on Llanbourne, Peter. A nice compliment indeed.

Thats cool, had to have a look myself.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2023 at 09:15, P.C.M said:

Cavalex 56 on a cement working.

20231122_180614.jpg

More great modelling Pete,not seen you posting much on fb 

but good catch up here👌

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, saxokid said:

More great modelling Pete,not seen you posting much on fb 

but good catch up here👌

Thanks Mate, I haven't run any trains for a while so not much to post on fb I have been working on a few Peaks so will post up a few pics when they are done.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Mine arrived today. A similar job awaits - hopefully to a least a fraction of your ability!

Class 56’s in ‘86 aren’t that common, although a few did the fly ash trains in ‘83 when they built the Conway bypass.  Mine will nevertheless find themselves on the Point if Ayr MGR and the Stanlow tanks. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

That looks fantastic. Really convincing.

I am convinced Cavalex, Accurascale or Rapido will release new spec models of HBA/HEA hoppers soon. I'd definitely be interested.

22 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

That looks fantastic. Really convincing.

I am convinced Cavalex, Accurascale or Rapido will release new spec models of HBA/HEA hoppers soon. I'd definitely be interested.

Thanks Rich,

My HEAs are the older Replica models which I think are a nice model  but certainly not up to today's standard.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grampus said:

That really does bring the loco to life. Enough weathering to make it look workaday without overcooking it. Very nice indeed. 

All the best , 

Paul

Thanks Paul, I didn't want to over do it on the weathering. Though some certainly did get very dirty. My 56 when it arrives might get a touch more grime.😁

Cheers Peter 

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, 61656 said:

Mine arrived today. A similar job awaits - hopefully to a least a fraction of your ability!

Class 56’s in ‘86 aren’t that common, although a few did the fly ash trains in ‘83 when they built the Conway bypass.  Mine will nevertheless find themselves on the Point if Ayr MGR and the Stanlow tanks. 

16 hours ago, 61656 said:

My excuse for running a 56 is that the fly ash trains were still running in 1986.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

That grid looks bob on. nice and subtle.

Ive got a great fondness for the 56's in particular the Romanian ones having seen them on Daw Mill to Didcot jobs as a kid and as a result I think I'll get myself a blue one.

Love how the bogie detail really comes alive with some gentle weathering.

:)

Edited by 21A Desperado
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 28/01/2024 at 08:23, 21A Desperado said:

Hi Peter,

That grid looks bob on. nice and subtle.

Ive got a great fondness for the 56's in particular the Romanian ones having seen them on Daw Mill to Didcot jobs as a kid and as a result I think I'll get myself a blue one.

Love how the bogie detail really comes alive with some gentle weathering.

:)

Thanks mate the detail dies really pop on the bogies with the weathering.

It was the western region 56s I remember early on. they used to work the Stone trains out if Westbury over to Eastleigh and Fareham. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The 45s look really good Pete, particularly 45110 with the orange cant rail. That’s the same one I want to do, but the lining is putting me off!

I agree about the Heljan versus Bachmann too. The Bachmann just looks a lot more like how I remember them. I need to upgrade the speakers on mine, they were an early sound fit and have cheap tinny speakers. The modern ones are so much better. 

On 06/02/2024 at 03:12, 61656 said:

The 45s look really good Pete, particularly 45110 with the orange cant rail. That’s the same one I want to do, but the lining is putting me off!

I agree about the Heljan versus Bachmann too. The Bachmann just looks a lot more like how I remember them. I need to upgrade the speakers on mine, they were an early sound fit and have cheap tinny speakers. The modern ones are so much better. 

Thanks Mate, Yeah the lining was a worry, The main section was a presfix transfer which actually went on quite well the sections round the cab were hand painted.

45110 has the Bachmann V5 sound chip which isn't that bad.

Cheers Peter. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/02/2024 at 04:22, P.C.M said:

So the last few months i have been working on some Bachmann Peaks, as with most things it's taken a lot longer to get them finished but I am happy with how they have come out.

45110 45128 had a bit more work too make them a 45/1roof mods side steps removed centre headlights fitted. 

My original plan was to do a few Heljan Peaks. I thought I could live with the shape issues but I just wasn't happy with the build quality on the one I bought and it just didn't run that well either.

Anyway a few pics.

20240201_214656.jpg

20240201_212110.jpg

20240201_220443.jpg

Very nice peaks here Pete,had good catch up here on all your top modelling..

• RMweb Gold

The look great. I just couldn’t get over the droopy cab windscreens on the Heljan Peak. I would have liked 45106 but they’re outlined in silver/light grey which makes them stand out even more!

23 hours ago, saxokid said:

Very nice peaks here Pete,had good catch up here on all your top modelling..

Thanks Mate, I thought doing three loco's together would be quicker but I think thats not really the case. I did have a bit of a balls up with 45037 but managed to save it.

I have also finished a 7mm 37 too so a good start  to the year.

Cheers Peter.

20240131_212535.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

23 hours ago, 97406 said:

The look great. I just couldn’t get over the droopy cab windscreens on the Heljan Peak. I would have liked 45106 but they’re outlined in silver/light grey which makes them stand out even more!

Thanks mate, I thought I could live with the shape but the work I would have to put into a Heljan model wasn't that far of what I would have to do to a Bachmann model for me to be happy with it. Plus the Bachmann run so well.

My Heljan one didn't. 

Remember seeing 106 back in the day such a shame it caught fire.

Cheers peter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...