Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

On 03/12/2022 at 06:35, Grampus said:

Peter,

many congratulations on the Llanbourne write-up in the January edition of Hornby Magazine. That was a welcome surprise when I was out running errands earlier today. I very much enjoyed reading about the evolution of the layout over  time; and your strict adherence to a particular time and place, which places everything in context so effectively.  It shouts, 'real railway.' Some fabulous photographs, too, which really show off the scale of your accomplishment. I was pleased to see also that you intend to continue to develop the layout further - I shall look forward to reading more about it in future as it evolves.

Best wishes,

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks I think the article has come up well. Jonathan Newton took the pictures before leaving Australia to work for Hornby magazine so it's really thanks to him it all happened as he thought it was good enough to put in the mag and Mark Chivers agreed.

As with any model railway there is still more to do but it's mainly detailing and a few more buildings. 

• Like 4

On 03/12/2022 at 06:45, Lowlander said:

Hi Pete

The layout looks excellent in the Hornby mag. The article was well worth a read.  Well done 👏✔️

Thanks, writing articles is definitely not my thing they have improved on my scribbles and it reads really well.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Hi Pete

Had a read of the article this afternoon and very good it is, and some nice pics. Did you catch Tidworth in ModelRail?

Thanks Mate, I do have a copy that you gave me some time ago though I think that was railway modeller. So I am guessing not. Which issue was it. I will try and get one.

Cheers Peter  

On 06/12/2022 at 23:17, Southwich said:

That 31 is superb Peter! Really nice photos as always.

Kind regards,

Will

Thanks Will, That class 31is a bit of a favourite so it gets used a fair bit. Not bad for an old Lima although running with Hornby bogies and drive.

Cheers Peter 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 09/12/2022 at 13:12, Melangoose said:

Just spent a pleasant hour or so reading your article in the Hornby Magazine.  Really good pictures as well. Well done Pete.

Never bought Hornby magazine before, top priority for this week!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 00:12, Melangoose said:

Just spent a pleasant hour or so reading your article in the Hornby Magazine.  Really good pictures as well. Well done Pete.

Thanks Nigel, I have been getting some good feedback.

Cheers Peter.

21 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Peter,

As all the graphics have gone from the pre-February 2022 pages after rmWeb's server melt down (🙄) do you have a track plan for Llanbourne you can repost?

Rich

Hi Rich, I can draw one up as it has changed since it posted it all those years ago.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Very much enjoyed the Hornby magazine article and the pictures are fantastic. My son asked if they’d included the one of 97406 to show what the real place looks like!

Llanborne was and remains my inspiration for building a layout. 9 years ago when the same sone was days old and not sleeping, I read the first hundred or so pages on RMWeb in the very early hours of the morning. A 40 and 45 were purchased not long after!

Great work and my thanks for continuing to inspire us all!

Andy

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, 61656 said:

Very much enjoyed the Hornby magazine article and the pictures are fantastic. My son asked if they’d included the one of 97406 to show what the real place looks like!

Llanborne was and remains my inspiration for building a layout. 9 years ago when the same sone was days old and not sleeping, I read the first hundred or so pages on RMWeb in the very early hours of the morning. A 40 and 45 were purchased not long after!

Great work and my thanks for continuing to inspire us all!

Andy

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for those kind words. I am pleased you liked the article and that Llanbourne serves as some inspiration for you own layout which from what I have seen is getting better every day the new Brick arches certainly are bringing the layout together. 

Cheers Peter 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

And a very Merry Christmas to you too.

I’ve been following this thread for many years now and it was wonderful to see it in Hornby magazine. Outstanding work Sir.

Completely agree with that. Llanborne is the benchmark in my opinion for 00 modellers of the mid to late 80’s. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1