Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

3 minutes ago, figworthy said:

Experience suggests that there are two ways to make them more enjoyable to eat.  Either eat them raw, or put them on the compost heap, and then use the compost to grow something palatable.

Adrian

Hmm might have a bit of a wait as it usually takes between six and nine months for things to compost down and then of course you've got to wait for the things to grow. Mind you you could always hot compost it to speed things up. It's a bit like hot yoga. I'll leave that to your imagination. Night all.

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Hmm might have a bit of a wait as it usually takes between six and nine months for things to compost down and then of course you've got to wait for the things to grow. Mind you you could always hot compost it to speed things up. It's a bit like hot yoga. I'll leave that to your imagination. Night all.

Yes, watching young ladies perform Hot Yoga might be too perturbing for the average Night Mail denizen...

HotYoga.jpg.1837c0a2d226bb77c11ec1af3aefd2a2.jpg

I'd never heard of "Hot Yoga" so I just had to google it.  So many sweaty bodies...

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Yes, watching young ladies perform Hot Yoga might be too perturbing for the average Night Mail denizen...

HotYoga.jpg.1837c0a2d226bb77c11ec1af3aefd2a2.jpg

I'd never heard of "Hot Yoga" so I just had to google it.  So many sweaty bodies...

I did say leave it to your imagination.

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Then just cycle from one end to the middle then get the bus. Simples.

Dave

Or just apply the roller coaster principle.

Start at one end at the top, peddle like **** , stick both legs out in front and

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, DenysW said:

Are you saying that a choice of quiet thinking versus watching day-time TV for the 23 hours/day not allocated to exercise is not a truly 'orrible fate for scrotes? Thinking? Sheesh! In the US I'm sure that would fail the "cruel and unusual" test. Maybe restrict the daytime TV to Traffic Cops and the like for the ones who are really confused about who the Good Guys are.

I recall a fly on the wall documentary about American prisons a few years ago there was a guy in his forties doing life and was quite content saying that he has three square meals a day and medical treatment is free so he'd rather spend the rest of his life in prison. (He was serving time for armed robbery.)

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

35 minutes ago, BoD said:

Or just apply the roller coaster principle.

Start at one end at the top, peddle like **** , stick both legs out in front and

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Does this apply to leeks as well?

Confused and shedless of Manutopea.

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Then just cycle from one end to the middle then get the bus. Simples.

Dave

I can see a problem. No buses

I could just end up rolling back and forth for eternity. 

Andy

• Agree 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Sorry Andy but I thought leeks were straight. Are you now telling me that they have a dip in the middle. When did this happen and why wasn't I told.

WB from a shedless land.

The bent leeks make up for the straight manifolds.

Andy from land of two sheds 

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

There are not a lot of watering holes near here. There are plenty in town but that's 20 miles from here. Fortunately there's a rather good one at the marina at the end of the bay less than half a mile hence 😆  Not a bad restaurant too.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

I'd never heard of "Hot Yoga" so I just had to google it.

So did Bear.....

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

700K Subscribers....can't imagine why......🤣

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

Up far too early and shortly off to pick up Gordon for Day two of our Welshpool extravaganza.

Nyda pointed out that I ought to take some photos of the set up prior to the show openng.

Yesterday's afternoon session was capped by a couple with their two young children:

They were watching very intently, when we asked if they'd like to  have a go at driving?

Oh Yes please!

Then the little lad turned around to his mother and asked if it would be all right...

As she'd told then before they arrived that they could watch but were not allowed to touch anything!

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, SM42 said:

I can see a problem. No buses

I could just end up rolling back and forth for eternity. 

Andy

Just like unfitted freight breakaways on the Settle and Carlisle.  Apparently the final point of rest was the underbridge at Long Preston after several passes. 

As to manifolds I thought that they shouldn't leek. 

Jamie from Shedlland

• Like 4
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, DenysW said:

Are you saying that a choice of quiet thinking versus watching day-time TV for the 23 hours/day not allocated to exercise is not a truly 'orrible fate for scrotes? Thinking? Sheesh! In the US I'm sure that would fail the "cruel and unusual" test. Maybe restrict the daytime TV to Traffic Cops and the like for the ones who are really confused about who the Good Guys are.

Something strange going on here with the RMWeb "system".

Your post quotes a comment alleged to be from me. It is not me that made that comment.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

A bit late this morning, for, errr, manifold reasons.

Mrs H went out to be Pilated, but has arrived back, the Pilater wasn't there as he had forgotten to cancel Debs session as he is going away on holiday, well he is Belgian and does not operate to accepted norms.  He's a good friend, but as mad as hatter.  Not like Poirrot at all.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Just like unfitted freight breakaways on the Settle and Carlisle.  Apparently the final point of rest was the underbridge at Long Preston after several passes. 

As to manifolds I thought that they shouldn't leek. 

Jamie from Shedlland

There is a cafe at the bottom I'm told so it wouldnt be a bad place to come to rest. 

The funniest story about runaway wagons I heard was in the local paper when a wagon escaped from Round Oak and with the benefit of gravity trundled through Stourbridge Jn  on the up line during the morning rush hour. 

Having the been overcome by gravity it returned shortly aftterwards. 

The story was covered in the local paper and an eyewitness was tracked down and interviewed by the intrepid roving reporter. 

"I saw this wagon go by and shortly after saw it go back the other way. So  I caught the bus"

Andy

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Mrs H went out to be Pilated, but has arrived back, the Pilater wasn't there as he had forgotten to cancel Debs session as he is going away on holiday, well he is Belgian and does not operate to accepted norms.  He's a good friend, but as mad as hatter.  Not like Poirrot at all.

There used to be a thing where you asked a friend to name a famous Belgian who wasn't dead or fictional.  Most used to struggle after Eddie Merckx and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Funnily enough I've often thought the Dutch are the real madmen of Europe.  In our office overlooking the Thames near Greenwich some years ago, we spotted an odd boat going past with about eight oarsmen and what appeared to be a support crew on a following motor launch.  A quick online search showed them to be a group of Dutch Marines who were just completing a row from Amsterdam.  Dutch and Marines..... yep that would do it.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

There used to be a thing where you asked a friend to name a famous Belgian who wasn't dead or fictional.  Most used to struggle after Eddie Merckx and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Jacky Ickx and Jean 'Toots' Thielemans come to mind as significant people for me. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1