Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

2 hours ago, figworthy said:

Not entirely.

I made an appointment at the doctors last month (yes you can get them).  Unfortunately the receptionist forgot to ask who I was, and the penny didn't drop until I was half way home.

When I went back for the appointment, rather than use the electronic sign in thingy, I spotted the same receptionist, and pointed out that I had an appointment, but did she know who I was ?

Adrian

Probably because you were such a rarity -having an appointment.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Were Numbers One and Two on loan from the Grey Funnel Line?

Left hand down a bit!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I'm really pleased for you that the cataract removal was a great success.

When I had mine done, I found that not only were the colours more vivid, but white was white once more, and not a colour similar to Fresh flour!

I'm off to the chop shop later on this morning, and I must remember to ask if they will trim my eyelashes back again.  They grow quite quickly due to my glaucoma medication, which is not to bad in itself, but add the lubrication drops I use for the dry eye condition, which are somewhat oily and I end up with a sort of light crust over the lashes which does detract from my appearance somewhat.

Although my head cold seems to be on the wane, the cough remains (as per usual) and I appear to have  developed a touch of Sinusitis  on the rhs of my face. and around the eye socket.

Undoubtedly, cake would help, but I've not had any this month!

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Friendly/supportive 19

Do I detect just a small,teenie, tiny bit of self pity there my good hippo.

Well pull yourself out of it you 'orrible hippo. Get your hair cut and get a shave as well.

Officers nowadays. Not like it was when I was young. Them were proper 'fficers them were.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Do I detect just a small,teenie, tiny bit of self pity there my good hippo.

Well pull yourself out of it you 'orrible hippo. Get your hair cut and get a shave as well.

Officers nowadays. Not like it was when I was young. Them were proper 'fficers them were.

Bear and I were hoping to swing ever increasing sob stories, in the hope you'd have the common decency to start a Go Fund Me page, to pay for our 2024/5 cake mountain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold

I have been suitably beautified, and returned home for my lunch.

I shall spend the rest of the afternoon cogitating over the layout of Aberflyarff and how to incorporate multiple house layers in a forced perspective.

It is suspected that a proper engineering type drawing may be required:  They'll certainly be required for the various buildings I have planned.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Get your hair cut and get a shave as well.

Aditi went out yesterday for a haircut and came back with cake. She said she just stopped on the way back to the car park and noticed a new patisserie and had a look in the window. Two cakes were obtained in a medium sized box. Unless of course some didn’t make it home! 

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 4

6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

When I had mine done, I found that not only were the colours more vivid, but white was white once more, and not a colour similar to Fresh flour!

I'm off to the chop shop later on this morning, and I must remember to ask if they will trim my eyelashes back again.  They grow quite quickly due to my glaucoma medication, which is not to bad in itself, but add the lubrication drops I use for the dry eye condition, which are somewhat oily and I end up with a sort of light crust over the lashes which does detract from my appearance somewhat.

Although my head cold seems to be on the wane, the cough remains (as per usual) and I appear to have  developed a touch of Sinusitis  on the rhs of my face. and around the eye socket.

Undoubtedly, cake would help, but I've not had any this month!

Yes, I was thinking the lights were needing replaced because they were going a bit yellow, but it was my eyes . I only had one eye done so far and the difference between them is amazing.

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Bear and I were hoping to swing ever increasing sob stories, in the hope you'd have the common decency to start a Go Fund Me page, to pay for our 2024/5 cake mountain.

I have it on good authority that the young Bear has given up cakes for Lent.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi went out yesterday for a haircut and came back with cake. She said she just stopped on the way back to the car park and noticed a new patisserie and had a look in the window. Two cakes were obtained in a medium sized box. Unless of course some didn’t make it home! 

You will never know unless of course she either talks in her sleep or admits it due to a fit of conscience.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I have it on good authority that the young Bear has given up cakes for Lent.

Bullsh1t

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

1 minute ago, polybear said:

Bullsh1t

No I'm fairly certain it was Lent not Bullsh1t.

Not certain where Bullsh1t comes in the litigurical year as it's some years since I attended Sunday school so could someone advise.

• Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

You will never know unless of course she either talks in her sleep or admits it due to a fit of conscience.

I just asked at teatime today why the little cakes are in an oversized box. It was the only size the shop had and the assistant didn’t want to spoil them by putting them in a bag was the explanation. It is unusual for us to have cake shop cake. Aditi likes cake but especially making cakes. Due to not being able to consume vast quantities they tend to be ones that can be frozen. Also they can be made with less sugar which for us helps a bit. 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

No I'm fairly certain it was Lent not Bullsh1t.

I think for bears that cakes are never lent, though Yogi Bear may have “borrowed” a few.

Tony

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I pass your way a couple of times a month, can you give directions please? (To the cake shop.)

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I pass your way a couple of times a month, can you give directions please? (To the cake shop.)

Aditi doesn’t get her hair cut in Benfleet. The hairdressers and the cake shop are in Kings Road, Brentwood. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

Yes, I was thinking the lights were needing replaced because they were going a bit yellow, but it was my eyes . I only had one eye done so far and the difference between them is amazing.

After my aunt had her second eye done, my uncle went round the house replacing all the 200 watt light bulbs with more sensible ones.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

So all I had to do was stop Mrs SM42 having her eyes done and I could have saved many Deltics  on both the eyes and the paint. 

Now you tell me. 😠

Anyhow, home from work,  fed myself and I have the evening and house to myself as Mrs SM42 is taking in a show with the girls from work. 

I wonder if there is time to build a layout through the lounge and dining room. 🤔

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9