Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

13 minutes ago, polybear said:

For what?  Getting people to bvgger off home at the end of the night?

The signal to bog off is when the bigos comes out at around 3am. 

And then you come back and do it all again on day 2.

Andy

• Like 8
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Almost a Disco Polo hit that.

Popular at weddings it is

Warning.

Your brain may melt

Andy

Is that Peter Davison at the end? 🤔

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Jill and a pal got all the rockery plants put in today. My part was just to mix the compost and grit/compost mixture into which the plants were placed, deliver barrowloads of gravel, brush up some of the mess and provide tea and biccies on demand. I must admit that they have done an excellent job and were quite tired when they finished so drinks and nibbles were provided before dinner was served. Jill is now undertaking an eyelid inspection prior to me calling her if the aurora borealis visits again tonight.

Dave  

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

A day spent in support of the plant sale, and generally wielding the paintbrush once more.

The plant sale raised £415 which was an excellent result with 50% going to the local Girlguiding district where it can be used to help fund disadvantaged members.  the The rest goes to the Young Minds UK mental health charity.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Mrs Northmoor has control of the remote and wants Eurovision on in the background.  Seems like each year it becomes less a music competition and more a three hour contest to find "Europe's most attention-seeking person".

• Like 5
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Jill and a pal got all the rockery plants put in today. My part was just to mix the compost and grit/compost mixture into which the plants were placed, deliver barrowloads of gravel, brush up some of the mess and provide tea and biccies on demand. I must admit that they have done an excellent job and were quite tired when they finished so drinks and nibbles were provided before dinner was served. Jill is now undertaking an eyelid inspection prior to me calling her if the aurora borealis visits again tonight.

Dave  

If they want to nip over here for a bit there's a few jobs need doing here too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Mrs Northmoor has control of the remote and wants Eurovision on in the background.  Seems like each year it becomes less a music competition and more a three hour contest to find "Europe's most attention-seeking person".

I have the option of watching Eurovision or going out into the garden to look for the AB.

Where's my coat!

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, AndyID said:

If they want to nip over here for a bit there's a few jobs need doing here too.

Do they get to drive the tractor?

• Like 7
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, skipepsi said:

Do they get to drive the tractor?

Of course! And even exercise the backhoe, although that might require a little instruction. It's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

16 minutes ago, AndyID said:

...snip... It's a lot of fun

So is my "Zero-turn" mower:

05mar19-Lawnmowernew002.jpg.307a2642fc1253658dfd3f92fa822c91.jpg

Pssst: It'll do about 10 or so mph, too!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, rockershovel said:

Nor was all Newton's research of high quality. He devoted many hours to alchemy, or as we call it today, "mystical gibberish" or "magical thinking"  "nuclear physics".

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

48 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Very nice! Where do the front and rear snow-blades and the backhoe attachment go? 😁

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

1 hour ago, BR60103 said:

As was a gent called Albert Einstein. Unfortunately, or otherwise, he demonstrated there is a horrific relationship between mass and energy,

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

A Happy Hippo  test driving his new car.

So after seeing it munch a stick in half he tries again with his finger??  Wottafugginidiot.  It would've been even funnier if it'd chopped his finger off.

• Like 3
  • Agree 10

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, polybear said:

So after seeing it munch a stick in half he tries again with his finger??  Wottafugginidiot.

It makes one wonder if the Tesla Boffins tested it with a stick before giving it the big tick.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

It makes one wonder if the Tesla Boffins tested it with a stick before giving it the big tick.

If their brief was to design the most pig ugly truck they aced it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 12

5 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Is that going down hill with a following wind.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, AndyID said:

Anything that can produce an electrical spark is a good source of electromagnetic interference across a wide range of radio frequencies. (That can include model railways.)

Under certain conditions that can couple enough energy into pacemaker electrodes inserted into the heart to stimulate a heart muscle contraction. The electrodes are acting as radio antennae.

The good news is radio frequency field strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source.

The old radar stations I worked on would definitely be a a no no, apart from the high magnetic fields near the Magnetron. Transmission powers at RAF Neatishead, were  4 * 2.5 Megawatts 1 * 60 Mega Watts.. 

We interfered with radio / TV and anything electronic for miles..

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away according to the inverse fourth power law.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

More painting will occur this morning.

However, it may be curtailed when the weather turns (according to the weather reports) around lunch time.

However, I'm dodging a bullet as the other option is 'shopping'.

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Would that be shopping for paint? Just asking because I happen to know someone who's also in the market for some and is local to Hipposhire.

I've read somewhere that the 'in colour' for this year is Fresh Flower due to the amount being bought.

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Would that be shopping for paint? Just asking because I happen to know someone who's also in the market for some and is local to Hipposhire.

I've read somewhere that the 'in colour' for this year is Fresh Flower due to the amount being bought.

Colours in use are Poppy Red and Urban Slate:  I like to buck the colour spectrum 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Funny 13