Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

You can sometimes hear banjos in the muddy hollow.

It's nothing to worry about although I would suggest you get out quickly if you can hear bubbling!

A volcanic eruption coming?

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

For the occupant of The Muddy Hollow to be be ejected would require something more like a Saturn 5 than just a bang seat.

Dave

That's a bit harsh.

I suppose you heard about me having to use a Vampire T11 as a single seater...

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

My Minories terminal is called St. Mary Ax (pronounced Simmery Ax), located just across from number 70.

We've been having some interesting drives this week. We were in a park in Preston Cambridge on Wednesday and a train went by. 4 CP units and a long string of Auto racks (including KCS and Mexican units). It ran around us and she became interested in where it had gone. So we've been following the old Grand River Railway, or at least the part that still has rails. The line runs right beside the cemetary where her parents are, and there is a yard for the Toyota plant there. There is a problem following it in a car because the roads go over the hills while the tracks go around them.

GRR was part of Canadian Pacific Electric Lines until the wires came down in the 60s.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Can someone please explain this?

It looked a glorious morning, so I took a number of skirting boards out of the garage, set them up on trestles and gave them the first of the top coats over the primer.

By the time I was half way through the task, the sun went behind a cloud, and then more grey clouds rolled in.

As it happens I stood my ground and the rain decided not to deposit itself over the hippodrome and I suspect it is now watering Market Drayton. 

Strangely, the painting went very well, with no spills and more paint on the job than over my hands which is the normal way of such tasks.

Joining two bits of skirting together to form a longer piece, also went without incident.

Fortunately order was restored when I got a tube of loctite out to secure and errant steel dowel on the table saw.

Again, all went well until I applied the accelerator.  I didn't stick the dowel to the part which uses it as a pivot, but I cannot find the tube of loctite anywhere.  I only put it down for a second. and now it's vanished.

I should be grateful that that the tube only had a few drops left inside, and that I have more, but I do wonder about my memory when I momentarily put something down and then can't remember where I put it.

The garage fairy has obviously taken a liking to it.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

It's in the wall behind the skirting.

I have a similar problem with tools I have just put down

They are somewhere in the 8 square inch space I reserve for the tool pile, but I'm blowed if I can find em.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

So it's your fault is it HH 

Ah ha I said to myself- often do that just to break the silence if nothing else. Yes it's blowing a Hooliie but there's no sign of rain- little realising that HH was sending it my way from the Hippodrome. So I says I'll put the washing out and it get a good blow. HH when you do things like that do please let the rest of us know.

So after an hour of trying to disappear over the hills (The Pennines that is) and far away what happens. It hailstones doesn't it. Not enough to soak it through you understand, just enough to get me to dash out like a loon and gather it all up.

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

I have exactly the same problem with tools. The worst used to be unblocking the hoover. For some obscure reason, Hoover used a mixture of slot and cross head screws to hold the various covers on.  I would get my stall set out, put newspaper down and sit cross legged on the floor next to the errant machine. I wouldn't move till the job was done but would be unable to find the other screwdriver when I needed it.

Jamie

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

The tube of loctite magically reappeared.

Laying in the middle of the  cleared garage floor so in plain sight.  Even the cap had been replaced.

I'm now being fed samples of crumpets, some with a cheese filling, others with a sweet addition. 

Apparently I have to make orange and cinnamon fruit buns tomorrow as part of the deal.

I doubt I will bother handing out samples.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So the Loctite was wearing some of that real garage camouflage. Sneaky

The great cake swap has been mentioned at SM42 Towers

Mrs SM42 makes cheese cakes and in return for one a cake making friend supplies a cake and her daughter another.

2 for 1 seems a fair swap to me. 

Anyway, coffee and wafers followed by work beckons

See you later

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, SM42 said:

So the Loctite was wearing some of that real garage camouflage. Sneaky

The great cake swap has been mentioned at SM42 Towers

Mrs SM42 makes cheese cakes and in return for one a cake making friend supplies a cake and her daughter another.

2 for 1 seems a fair swap to me. 

Anyway, coffee and wafers followed by work beckons

See you later

Andy

So Bear gives one LDC and gets two LDC's back?  Where do I sign up??

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

No that wasn't it. My concern was can you actually see PB giving away a cake, espically a LDC one. No neither can I. I'd want to taste it first because knowing him it'll probably be made out of polyfilla and insulation board.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6