Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

9 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Dave Hunt sitting on the front footplate of a pannier tank:  What a picture that would make.

image.png.877f632255e47fe079ee3040b9411158.png

7 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, probably Hippo and Bear figures could be added somewhere also! :yahoo:

You called?.....

IMG_0469.JPG.8bcb87e46f2e17b0628e5c1900cd7c3d.JPG

• Like 5
  • Funny 13

Back after five days at Lord's.  One day was hectic, the rest were fairly quiet.  I have found an excellent perch in the new Edrich stand.  Good view of the crowd, good view of the Food Village in the intervals (high likelihood of "incidents") and most important, good view of the cricket.  Just very draughty.

The best painkiller is keratine but can only be administered by an advanced practitioner.  When I am asked to confirm any dose, I always speak the name, the dose and the end date from the label.  Even the drugs that I can administer are potentially lethal.

Bill

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 6

It's very windy here today and I am due to have a haircut in  a couple of hours.

Mrs SM42 has been having hers done since 9 this morning and there will still be time for me to go to the model shop, ( 30 mins on bus + a short walk each way) practise my modelling phrases in Polish and get back to meet her before the full makeover is complete. 

I need to be careful that I don't spend over my non declarable customs limits.

There's temptation in them thar shops, but no green panniers

Andy

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear Jamie has the virus. Long may the symptoms remain mild, soon may they part. Sherry continues to use lateral-flow tests and registered negative again last night, but feels below par today. Her drippy cleaner Michelle had cancelled the last couple of appointments - and Sherry has cancelled today's!

As for Bill's wise words about painkillers, I am aware that my use of Coveram for blood pressure means NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatories) are out. So I have not been using Ibuprofen, but then discover the Naproxène Sodique prescribed for five days by the hospital is just such a drug! Oh, well, 4 out of 5-day course completed already, I'll soldier on for one more day. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I presume this WC belongs to a helicopter pilot judging by the collective pitch lever fitted to the rhs:

IMG-20191008-WA0015.jpg

Ahhh.....the built-in B*m Wash attachment.  Very popular in Korean Hotels, as Bear discovered.  Variable pressure, temperature, pulsating nozzle, blow dry....

Great fun :laugh:

• Funny 9

2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Ahhh.....the built-in B*m Wash attachment.  Very popular in Korean Hotels, as Bear discovered.  Variable pressure, temperature, pulsating nozzle, blow dry....

Great fun to anyone else if the user had got the settings wrong. Imagine scalding intimate parts with too hot water ouch Bear would have turned into a furry exocet

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

7 minutes ago, polybear said:

Obviously Mama bear taught PB to look after his 'parts:.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Sherry's ex now lives w new wifey in a house that has a loo with something similar. A non-practising Muslim, the toilet bowl she had installed has some sort of attached external hose, so a comparable function. The installing plumber said he had had a number of such jobs in Muslim households. One just wonders whether the original idea came from hygiene-minded ladies or insistent husbands, given the apparently undemocratic nature of many such marriages..... Cultural differences. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I've never heard of nails and hair heing used. I presume  that fat finger syndrome  has struck for ketaminr.

Jamie

Or the spill chucker strikes again.

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Go on, admit it you enjoyed it.

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

Beats grabbing a rabbit in the woods!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

The thought of EM 1'S dropping on Poland is mind boggling.  Fortunately  it might take a few years to build a delivery system cspable of the task.

Here a bombshel of s diferent kind has dropped as I've tested positive for the ruddy virus. Fortunately  with only mild cold/flu symptoms or as Beth describes it manflu.  The upside is that I can't smell nappies.  The others in the house are OK on LTF's.  An embuggeration as Terry Pratchett  woupd have called it.

I judt hope that I didn't leave an unwelcome visitor at Hunt Towers on Friday.

Jamie.

Jamie, I assume you are returning by sea, because you should avoid flying for a while. m  As you write, an embuggeration.  Bill

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, bbishop said:

Jamie, I assume you are returning by sea, because you should avoid flying for a while. m  As you write, an embuggeration.  Bill

Yes Bill we will stay at or as near to sea level as possible.  So far no problems  in the breathing area.

Jamie

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, polybear said:

We visited some cousins of Aditi’s sisters husband. They had Japanese high tech lavatories except for the visitors loo which had a sort of high tech seat. We were told not to press any buttons and just use the original flush. 
Tony

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Cultural differences

Quite a lot of the world doesn’t use toilet paper. Washing oneself clean, with the left hand with some water is traditional. The hose I suppose avoids having a small jug or bottle. Viking’s used a mossy stick according to the museum we visited in Dublin. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

We visited some cousins of Aditi’s sisters husband. They had Japanese high tech lavatories except for the visitors loo which had a sort of high tech seat. We were told not to press any buttons and just use the original flush. 
Tony

Spoilsports...

Blimey, just how many Loo's did they have? 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Quite a lot of the world doesn’t use toilet paper. Washing oneself clean, with the left hand with some water is traditional. The hose I suppose avoids having a small jug or bottle. Viking’s used a mossy stick according to the museum we visited in Dublin. 

The Romans used a sponge on a stick that was shared. What is more they had communal toilets, basically a plank with holes cut in it and no partitions. 

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Tony

Perhaps this is why you shouldn't touch the buttons.

A gentleman had made several attempts to get into the men's restroom

In a Chicago hospital, a gentleman had made several attempts to get into the men's restroom, but it had always been occupied. A nurse noticed his predicament.

Sir, she said "You may use the ladies room if you promise not to touch any of the buttons on the wall."

He did what he needed to, and as he sat there he noticed the buttons he had promised not to touch.

Each button was identified by letters: WW, WA, PP, and a red one labeled ATR.

Who would know if he touched them?

He couldn't resist.. He pushed WW. warm water was sprayed gently upon his bottom.

What a nice feeling, he thought. Men restrooms don't have nice things like this.

Anticipating greater pleasure, he pushed the WA button. Warm air replaced the warm water, gently drying his underside.

When this stopped, he pushed the PP button. A large powder puff caressed his bottom adding a fragile scent of spring flower to this unbelievable pleasure.. The ladies restroom was more than a restroom, it is tender loving pleasure.

When the powder puff completed its pleasure, he couldn't wait to push the ATR button which he knew would be supreme ecstasy.

Next thing he knew he opened his eyes, he was in a hospital bed, and a nurse was staring down at him.

"What happened?" he exclaimed. The last thing I remember was pushing the ATR button.

"The button **ATR is an Automatic Tampon Remover.** Your p**** is under your pillow."

"MEN NEVER LISTEN"

Edited by PhilJ W
naughty word censored.
  • Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, polybear said:

Spoilsports...

Blimey, just how many Loo's did they have? 

Three. The same number of loos as we have. But I think the only sophisticated feature of ours are the silent fill valves!
Tony

• Like 7

As predicted, Mrs SM42 was at least 40 minutes behind me when I got home yesterday.

Full hair and beauty treatment lasted from 9 till 4. 

I did ask when they are going to take the face mask off. 

I think I got away with it, but I'll find out in January probably.

Meanwhile there was temptation aplenty in them shops. 

Darn  you customs limits. 

Back to toilets 

Some years back (1997) I visited Japan. 

The usual course of action for a quick visit was to use the disability toilets as they were "Western style" and not the bobsleigh like instruments of torture the Japanese use as standard. 

Being a foreigner, you were able to do this as you probably didn't  know and they were too polite to object and  of course you saved all the ligaments in your knees from serious injury.  

There were however no wash and blow dry facilities 

A little off to use them but you needed to check no one with obvious greater need was nearby first. 

The interesting idea on trains was to fit a little window in the door so that one could check if the facility was in use before you barged in. 

Fascinating culture,   even away from toilet etiquette 

Andy

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2