Show us yours - Realistic modelling

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MAP66 said:

Cattle pickup late again!! Farmer Giles is not impressed.

001.jpg.253dde946677b5fa8d5ac4beaaf21f81.jpg

002.jpg.edb6bd01beb6d6a2ead5f269103adef2.jpg

Looks more like the sort of 'gentleman farmer' that goes by the monicker 'the Colonel'.  Every country village has at least two pubs, one for the rougher element, and another one where you can at any given time ask 'has the Colonel been in yet'?  They'll know who you mean, though sometimes they'll say 'do you mean the Major/Squadron Leader'/Commander'?

The Beetle, for prize cattle and stockman, not common cattle, supports this thesis.

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Looks more like the sort of 'gentleman farmer' that goes by the monicker 'the Colonel'.  Every country village has at least two pubs, one for the rougher element, and another one where you can at any given time ask 'has the Colonel been in yet'?  They'll know who you mean, though sometimes they'll say 'do you mean the Major/Squadron Leader'/Commander'?

The Beetle, for prize cattle and stockman, not common cattle, supports this thesis.

Great observation, I have included the link for more background on this CBC diorama. 

4 hours ago, MAP66 said:

Cattle pickup late again!! Farmer Giles is not impressed.

001.jpg.253dde946677b5fa8d5ac4beaaf21f81.jpg

002.jpg.edb6bd01beb6d6a2ead5f269103adef2.jpg

I'm trying to "rescue" an old plastic cattle dock kit. It's missing some fencing but I have some Ratio fencing and gates I could use. Once it's done it might go on the new OO gauge layout I'm currently working on.

Edited by 6990WitherslackHall
  • Like 1