Glasgow Queen Street... HELP

Thanks Carl That first photo definatly helps with for details on the building!!!

Progress on the layout has been extremly slow this last few week! with attention being turned to stock! Dmus and MK2's mainly with the odd 37/4 of 5 slipping in and out of th work shop! we have also been working on the wiring for the layout and Fiddle yard! which is tedious but is getting there!!! more Gen soon chaps keep the dig going! :D

Happy Modeling!

Chris W and the

Glasgow Queen Street '88 Team

• 1 month later...

Howdo all, With the 2 small buildings out side Cowlairs tunnel completed, and the layout as of yesterday up entirely!!!!! so we are now connected to the fiddle yards! with 2 pieces of track left to lay, im looking at constructing the next building,

This is the first builing on Platform Seven that is just before the road bridge infront of the over all canopy, so again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have any photos in you collection, or know of any on the net please link me up!!

My self and dave are going back to the club room on friday so we will be taking a ton and half of stock so we can have a good play and also iron some creases out with the track and wiring!!!! so ill slip one or two progress shots up ;)

thanks for your support so far!

Chris & the GQS '88 team

Yet more of a spending spree this time on daves behalf as he purchased a 101 and a duff, the spoon if I remember is going 577 and planing is under way on the 101 to move the guards comp to the center car,

damn I think the Aberdeen kirkhill lads visit to our expo really rubbed off on the standard of Dave and mines rolling stock we are gettin close to the acurasy and perfection they are at, Not a bad thing tho. Is it?

Regards,

Chris & the GQS '88 team

:) thanks all so far

...damn I think the Aberdeen kirkhill lads visit to our expo really rubbed off on the standard of Dave and mines rolling stock we are gettin close to the acurasy and perfection they are at, Not a bad thing tho. Is it?

Regards,

Chris & the GQS '88 team

:) thanks all so far

You're not lowered yourselves to our standards are you? :rolleyes: :lol:

I've had a look at the layout thread as well, you've certainly tidied the room up since we visited. Is it going to be in the next exhibition, albeit unfinished? We may have to pop up with some stock boxes if that's the case!!!

I must say great work chaps and I'm looking forward to its progress over the coming months.

i think chaps before the MODS start to kick off we will carry the convos on on the layout thread... i get my self into to much trouble... so best not to on here :P

Thanks so far!!! youve all been fantastic!!!! and Gra your replys on the layout thread :P

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff Darrel, thanks very much ;)

It seems that every duff ended up falling into GQS at some point, the photos of 47401 appearing are interesting to say the least if it was a IM machine at the time. Despite the fact i've proved they worked in i'm still not allowed a 47484 or 47522 for the layout :D

Cheers

Alex

Archived