Glasgow Queen Street... HELP

I remember the 'saucer' seats being in the area in front of the departure boards, then when the new seats were put in they were in the position shown in the phot of 47704. The building by the tunnel is just visible in the shot of 37410, but I'm pretty sure that I haven't got any other shots that show it.

Thanks for the Gen chaps! looks like i have some seats to scratch and im startin to get the idea of where abouts and what that building looks like!

Any more photos chaps would be magic thanks for the help so far!

Chris & the GQS team

You got there before me Carl! Im thinking for this what im going to do is lay gray ballast than wash it in a pink wash... im gonna do some samples and so on before i lay it and do it to our layout!

Chris

Guys heres a question for us all.

Typically scotish ballast is pinkish in colour, but the ballast at Queen St looks more grey under that heavy wash of oil. So what would be the best colour ballast to use?

Carl

Pink was never typical Scottish ballast - added later on some routes (relatively modern) and certainly was only shades of grey on the E&G and in Queen Street.....(Optionally Oil Stained smile.gif)

Great to see 2 more Glasgow Queen Street layouts starting.

There are 3 or 4 of my GQS photos loaded up in my Gallery within Prototype Gallery section.

Will see if I have more - but they will be 1979 - 1982

Don't want to re post here - might get a scolding from a Mod for that.

You should also check out the excellent "Glasgow George Square thread" - here on RMweb in Layouts section. Taybidge has done a great job of capturing GQS - but used artistic licence well (layout is in Australia too). He did a lot of research - plenty on here and in old RMweb from him.

Looking forward to teh threads - keep us posted please

Stuart

TayBridges layout "Glasgow George Square" has already been clocked by the GQS team and has been watched with great interest!!!!!!! its definatly a nice layout!

Thanks all involved with the Gen finding so far! its a real help So please please please keep on people! a layout thread will be started in the next week or so for GQS so you can all see how we are doing!!! but i must warn you all progress will not be fast as we are going to take it at a nice pace so we dont mess anything up!!!

Chris & the GQS team

Oh before i forget has anyone on here got some photos they can share/link me to of any ScotRail MK2's i have found a couple on the usual sites but again anything will help!

thanks folks

Chris & the GQS team

We are looking at the signals! and we have decided!!! to ask Roger Murray to make them, that way there absolutly spot on and will do everything!

Thanks very muchly for the photos Pete! you dont have anymore tucked away in your archives do you?

Thanks all for yo help so far! keep it up lads!

Chris

Do you have a rough date for that move Peter?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I was never very good a recording dates, but I am pretty sure this was Feb or March 1986. From memory it was about 8.30ish, I would have been on my way back to Central to go home.

Pic below shows 26026 late 1985 should help you with brick colour.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-050012200 1285422041_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Any idea why the sleeper coach would be in this rake of stock? http://dennistaylor.fotopic.net/p64940977.html

Regards

Carl

it was an aberdeen to glasgow service it arrived around 1300 at queen st. the train loco would uncouple and run into an empty platform, a light engine (normally a class 26 but sometimes a class 20) would come down from Eastfield couple on to the train uncouple the sleeper coach then go ECS to cowlairs. the train loco would then shunt back onto the train and couple up ready for departure back to aberdeen. it was daily working during the week in 1989.

it was an aberdeen to glasgow service it arrived around 1300 at queen st. the train loco would uncouple and run into an empty platform, a light engine (normally a class 26 but sometimes a class 20) would come down from Eastfield couple on to the train uncouple the sleeper coach then go ECS to cowlairs. the train loco would then shunt back onto the train and couple up ready for departure back to aberdeen. it was daily working during the week in 1989.

The internal sleepers worked Edinburgh - Inverness, Inverness - Glasgow, Glasgow - Aberdeen, Glasgow - Inverness, Inverness - Edinburgh on successive nights. You'll note that there wasn't a Aberdeen - Glasgow working, the coach was attached to the 11.05 Aberdeen - Glasgow push-pull to take it back to Cowlairs on the same morning it had arrived. This arrangement happened from certainly 1985 to the end of the decade and possibly earlier.

Surprise, surprise, Glenn and I model this working at the Aberdeen end.

Thanks for the help so far chaps! Just been out this morning to purchase the wire to start laying/wiring the track down! so all is starting to progress! we will be starting a layout thread soon! and then playing trains :)

So all is good guys! and we are gettin there!

Please keep the Gen coming guys

Chris & the GQS team

Archived